Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2011, 02:28 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
In other news, the sun rose in the East this morning and a local resident got wet in the shower. Stay tuned for developments.
And you failed to read a very humorous article because of who wrote it. I feel sorry for a number of you attack the messenger people who don't ever read her message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
Wouldn't be able to read it with the Ann Coulter byline.....she needs to be ignored until she is no longer...and that could be a long time.
At least your attack of the messenger wasn't as near a diatribe as most of them here have been. It is really too bad that you can't read Coulter because she might say something that might hurt your itty bitty feelings.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:30 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,690,476 times
I read the article. And again, I am disgusted by how you Americans are using a terrible event to try to bring each other down for self serving gain. In Norway, everyone, no matter their party or beliefs, are mourning the ones we have lost. No matter this man's beliefs, he is still a demon in our eyes. Our people deserve your respect right now, do not use the deaths and traumatization of our families and friends to gain for yourselves.

And no, Roys, it is not humorous whatsoever. It is insulting and degrading.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
You have to consider the sources. The Ann Coulter/Glen Beck/Rush Limbaugh Fundamental Terroism Club of Punditry. They are war-mongers although the war is against the United States of America. The skinny little blond Mata Hari, The Drugster and the Beck Board attempting to destroy this country and being paid abhorrent salaries by the Koch Bros and the Murdocks to do it. They are a group of shameful American Traitors and should be treated as such.
I believe that you should be asked for some real proof about the Koch brothers and the Murdocks paying those people. You do know that Beck no longer works for the Koch empire, I take it.

You have been formally asked for those links you seem to have available.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:32 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
This one is very humorous and does to the Times what it has needed for a long time. This time it isn't the Times columnists that are being had.

The New York Times wasted no time in jumping to conclusions about Anders Behring Breivik, the Norwegian who staged two deadly attacks in Oslo last weekend, claiming in the first two paragraphs of one story that he was a "gun-loving," "right-wing," "fundamentalist Christian," opposed to "multiculturalism."

New York Times Reader Kills Dozens in Norway - Page 1 - Ann Coulter - Townhall Conservative
On TV they said that one of the organizations he is associated with has friendly ties to the Tea Party...

Anyway, I think there is way too much coverage on that guy.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Well for Gods sake isn't that all that needs to be mentioned? If what she said was false then nothing more need be said
Surely you got taken twice on this thread since you knew, I would think, that that post of mine was done in sarcastic mode. Did I say anything about her saying falsehoods that wasn't quoted from some left leaner?

Old 07-30-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
What the hell is wrong with you? Should it matter if there are Norwegians on our forum or not? There is absolutely NOTHING humorous about innocent people dying. NOTHING. Only a very sick person could find humor in this situation.
Let me suggest that you read the article before you attack the messenger again.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:37 PM

37,213 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You just do not get Coulter's type of humor. It's called sarcasm. Look it up and read about it.
The only thing funny about Ann Coulter is the fact that he/she/whatever has an adam's apple the size of an orange...

Old 07-30-2011, 02:47 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Please provide a link to this headline. Ann Coulter is a biatch. She is not funny. Killing people is not funny.
One person's wit and humor is another person's horrified overreaction. Both sides do it. Get a grip.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:48 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,503,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Another Alinskyite speaks his mind.
Because a world without Coulter's vitriol is a world I want to live in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies