Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2011, 02:57 PM

38,649 posts, read 26,430,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Y'all persecution complex. Suddenly if one nutty person who happens to be a fundamentalist Christian snaps you have to 1. Ignore the blatently obvious fact that he was indeed a Christian and if he had done everything he did minus going crazy no-one would question his religion. 2. Whine about how everyone is always out to get the poor defenseless Christians of the Western World.

A "Fundamentalist Christian" has a relationship with Jesus. Our shooter assures us to be "Christian" as he uses the word, no such relationship is needed.

You didn't read the article, did you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 03:01 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,226,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Because a world without Coulter's vitriol is a world I want to live in?
Then move to a country where censorship is imposed. I'll even help you pack.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:04 PM

38,649 posts, read 26,430,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Leave it to someone like Ann Coulter to turn this tragedy into an attack on the New York Times.

Finding humor in it is beyond comprehension.

What a bizarre thing to say - and misspelled too. Mighty impressive.

If you don't find The New York Times double standard humorous, you're just not paying attention.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:05 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,143,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Let me suggest that you read the article before you attack the messenger again.
I did read the article and I didn't see anything humorous about it. I honestly think there is something wrong with you. I cannot comprehend how someone could find ANY humor in such a horrible situation. The fact that you find enjoyment in others' tragedy makes you no better than the terrorist who did the acts.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:09 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,322,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Please provide a link to this headline. Ann Coulter is a biatch. She is not funny. Killing people is not funny.
Hey, Kat, I don't research so well on the NYT because I just don't care to read it. However, I did better than one headline for you although you won't like the source that they are in. Along with the headline quotes is a good article about what they did and how they did it.

http://spectator.org/archives/2011/0...s-finds-its-p/

I found some other good ones but this is the best one because it has so many different hit those damned right wing extremists as hard as you can get by with. Notice that the last one in the article had to be changed before publication.

If you have seen this post look at the link again as I made it right since a very good forum friend called my attention to me getting the wrong page. Thanks CB.

Last edited by roysoldboy; 07-30-2011 at 03:39 PM..

Old 07-30-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You never read the column posted did you? You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
Very well said Janelle but you can get into trouble for saying things like that here as I can well attest.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
Chrisianity

New York Times has backed away from their statement on Breivik and fundamental Christian. He was as an adult not practicing Christianity even if he claimed to believe in Christianity, he did not practice it, it's based purely on Jesus and his teachings to follow Him, and not to murder. No one should blame a non violent religion as Christianity for this mass murder, simply not what Christianity teaches. I heard he had Nazi ideas. It's likely Breivik is crazy as well. Muslim terrorists cling to Koran scripture that states to kill the infidel in other religions (if won't convert), as well as other scripture to kill. This leads extremists and even some we know of as nice people such as Cat Stevens to think punishment for isulting Islam is death, such as for that book author. Different religions, Islam and Christianity. Mc Vey was a strong atheist through the very end. Nations peoples tend not to want another religion and culture to take over their nation understandably but they do not deal with it by murder.
Brievik, in his manifesto, had a self-interview in which he talked about things like atheist Christians and agnonsic Christians. I wonder how many of our atheists consider themselves Christians of any sort. How about the agnostics? He did claim to be a Christian but also an atheist and those are conflicting ideologies.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:17 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,226,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Hey, Kat, I don't research so well on the NYT because I just don't care to read it. However, I did better than one headline for you although you won't like the source that they are in. Along with the headline quotes is a good article about what they did and how they did it.

The American Spectator : The New York Times Finds Its Poster Boy for Hate

I found some other good ones but this is the best one because it has so many different hit those damned right wing extremists as hard as you can get by with. Notice that the last one in the article had to be changed before publication.
ROB, your link links to the second page of the article. Here's a link that goes to Page 1

The American Spectator : The New York Times Finds Its Poster Boy for Hate

Old 07-30-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Surely you're aware he called himself an atheist, right?
I fear he doesn't know that but thanks for telling all of THEM.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:18 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,938,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael07 View Post
I read the article. And again, I am disgusted by how you Americans are using a terrible event to try to bring each other down for self serving gain. In Norway, everyone, no matter their party or beliefs, are mourning the ones we have lost. No matter this man's beliefs, he is still a demon in our eyes. Our people deserve your respect right now, do not use the deaths and traumatization of our families and friends to gain for yourselves.

And no, Roys, it is not humorous whatsoever. It is insulting and degrading.
Please don't lump all 350 million of us in the same group as this crazy woman, who thinks stuff like this is "humor".

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-31-2011 at 09:13 AM.. Reason: language
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies