Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 11:42 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times

Advertisements

My, my, nasty little liars. Guess the Obammunists didn't take to the Tuscon "tone down the rhetoric" speach for very long did they.

At least we know what talking points a desperate White House put out to the Daily Kos and Media Matters today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 11:43 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Yes, when you're in debt, cutting spending is what needs to be done. But encouring the largest economy on the planet to default on their obligations is not the answer. But that's what the tea party wants. They have no problem destroying the world economy, leading to even more foreclosures, higher interest rates, more unemployment, etc., so long as they can stick it to the black man in office.

This isn't like a private individual who runs out of money and can declare bankruptcy to wipe the slate clean. Defaulting on our loan means one of, if not the worst global economic disasters in human history.

The Tea Party is the American Taliban. They want to destroy the US and the Western world from the inside.
I have said many times they need to be stopped by any means necessary now people listen but now it is to late. They have won. We must all sleep in the bed we made back in November.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:45 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I want this to happen. It'll force their hand to act. Keep it up! Boehner can go stuff it where the sun don't shine and go switch to the Democrat Party

I am with you 100% on that statement.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:46 AM

2,093 posts, read 4,698,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Ignorance is shown by those who don't understand that our Constitution is based on the maximization of individual liberty and not "collectivism". Regardless of how many times liberal attempt to paint Conservatives as wanting no government, that is simply a lie perpetuated by statists. The Constitution is the law of the land and enumerates the limited-powers of the federal government quite clearly.

I suspect it is those who spend beyond their means who are irresponsible, not the folks who point out the irresponsibility. Do you blame the bank if you max out your credit cards and they refuse to raise your credit limit?

The liberals calling fiscally conservatives adults "terrorists" in this thread are nothing but trolls.
Please, spare me the sound bite.

Where was THIS post when Bush cut taxes while going on a spending spree for two unfunded wars?

Do you have a short term memory or is it a selective one?

Old 07-28-2011, 11:46 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Our economy is too unstable to have it rehash the debt ceiling yet again in another six months. Why is that too hard for Republicans to understand?

Old 07-28-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Economic terrorists.

Here they are in case anybody would like to contact them.

//www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=30867171
Your link doesn't work, for some reason. Here I thought I was going to learn something and couldn't see it .

Old 07-28-2011, 11:48 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
There is just too much political activity involved from both sides of the floor in both houses for me. Boehner wants something that I don't think he will get unless a number of House Democrats vote for his bill. My Congressman promised he would vote against it last night in a phone town hall and said many other would do that also. They smell a rat from the Democrats in the Senate and I just read something else that says just that, also,

But Boehner faces more than just tea party woes. Across the aisle, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid opposes Boehner’s two-step plan, which would only permit expanding the debt ceiling for some months; another vote would be necessary in early 2012. Reid vowed that Boehner’s plan would be altered if it came across his desk, the Post reports.

For their part, Reid and Democrats want a more permanent raise to the debt ceiling, enough to cover spending though 2013.

Can any of you progs tell me why the Democrats have to have any "compromise" they work out extend the debt ceiling through 2012? Is there a chance that they think it is necessary to get Obama re-elected? I sure think that is what is holding this whole thing up.

Boehner Gives Tea Partyers Tongue Lashing
If he doesn't destroy your precious tea party we are all doomed.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:48 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Live within your means. What horrible ideals to live by.
It is a wonderful idea to live by just as raising the money to pay your bills is a wonderful idea to live by but neither of those issues are germane to raising the debt ceiling.

Quote:
People are completely lost.
we can see that.

Quote:
They want government to pull us out of this mess when government caused it.
Ah, when your kid spills milk in the kitchen who do you think should have the responsibility for cleaning it up???

Quote:
Government then punished the Middle class through bailouts as well as failed to lower unemployment.
I have to assume that you identify with the Tea Party because that statement wouldn't make sense to a single person on the left, right, or center.

Quote:
When you have debt bringing down the country, the answer is not more debt.
THE DEBT CEILING IS ABOUT BORROWING TO PAY FOR THINGS THAT THE COUNTRY HAS ALREADY BOUGHT!

Let me repeat!

THE DEBT CEILING IS ABOUT BORROWING TO PAY FOR THINGS THAT THE COUNTRY HAS ALREADY BOUGHT!

Quote:
decrease taxes, cut spending
You can not cut spending while lowering taxes and ever hope to eliminate the national debt. That argument is like saying cut spending and quit your job???

Quote:
Reduce our budget by bring our military personnel home. Along the way thousands of lives will be saved. Not that the sanctity of life matters to the war mongering republocrats.
Well, there's at least one thing we can agree on.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I'm not sure if terrorist is the right word, but it's time to take the Bags at their word. They want to destroy America. Revolutionaries like chaos because it gives them an opportunity to re-make the broken nation into something else. The only way we're going to advert the threat they pose is if patriotic conservatives join patriotic liberals against a common enemy. I think Boehner may perhaps be waking up to the fact that there are vipers in the pit, and if they get their way, everyone is going to get bit.
Maybe this real conservative is wrong but I think he is right and that Boehner is going to be taken advantage of if his bill is passed in the House.

http://www.redstate.com/erick/2011/07/28/our-admiral-ackbar-moment-—-it-is-a-trap/ (broken link)

Old 07-28-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
In all seriousness, the Tea Party members are the most ignorant and irresponsible folks when it comes to paying the bills. If they want no taxes, they should move to an island with no government and no collective society to help them sustain a lifestyle.
Can you show me something that says the Tea Party people are against taxes? Now I don't mean something made up by a prog, just some real proof.

The Tea Party people are not against taxes but they do believe that if they go along with the President and increase the amount of money he can spend taxes should not be raised. Not no taxes, just not raising taxes. Where did you come up with that idea?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies