Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 08:46 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,412,287 times

Advertisements

Obama gave a speech today, Friday July 29th. It is his first utterance in two weeks that did NOT include multiple mentions of corporate jet owners as the source of our troubles.

I guess it took a 600 point drop in the Dow this week, and the looming default deadline, to make him stop his political posturing. Thank God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 08:54 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,619,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Obama gave a speech today, Friday July 29th. It is his first utterance in two weeks that did NOT include multiple mentions of corporate jet owners as the source of our troubles.

I guess it took a 600 point drop in the Dow this week, and the looming default deadline, to make him stop his political posturing. Thank God.
My guess is that the speech writer will be immediately fired for that oversight.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:57 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Surely he must have vilified millionaires and billionaires......

Old 07-29-2011, 08:57 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
No, instead he once again lied to the American people and said he would only accept a bipartisan approach. Newsflash: Cut, Cap & Balance was passed by a bipartisan House group of 234. When Obama says "bipartisan and not by any one faction" he really is just repeating "my way or the highway". Otherwise, Obama would be pushing Reid to bring CC&B to a vote on the Senate floor instead of allowing it to stay tabled. It is the Senate & Obama who are not willing to work to address the real problem of debt, no one else.

CC&B is the only plan that cut the $4 Trillion required to keep our AAA credit rating. CC&B did raise the debt ceiling through 2012 elections and beyond. Obama and Reid are liars and ideologues more focused upon growing statism than addressing the debt they have had a large hand in creating.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:01 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:

Hmmm, if he also left out references to green energy, and "millionaires and billionaires" then we'd have to call for a shrink to find out what is wrong with him.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:02 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
Quote:

Well I heard about one CEO who makes as much as 180,000average Americans and I am still struggling with 25 Hedge Fund Operators who cost the Taxpayers $4 billion a year. That's money the parasites want to take out of the medicaid that is keeping granny in the nursing home.
600 points in the dow doesn't change the fact that the top 10% now have 56% of the wealth.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:02 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
No, instead he once again lied to the American people and said he would only accept a bipartisan approach. Newsflash: Cut, Cap & Balance was passed by a bipartisan House group of 234. When Obama says "bipartisan and not by any one faction" he really is just repeating "my way or the highway". Otherwise, Obama would be pushing Reid to bring CC&B to a vote on the Senate floor instead of allowing it to stay tabled. It is the Senate & Obama who are not willing to work to address the real problem of debt, no one else.

CC&B is the only plan that cut the $4 Trillion required to keep our AAA credit rating. CC&B did raise the debt ceiling through 2012 elections and beyond. Obama and Reid are liars and ideologues more focused upon growing statism than addressing the debt they have had a large hand in creating.
The bill passed with bipartisan support in the house, now all we need are three democrats to vote for it in the senate.

Three votes is all we need, seems like that is more doable then anything else on the table.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:06 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,955,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Well I heard about one CEO who makes as much as 180,000average Americans and I am still struggling with 25 Hedge Fund Operators who cost the Taxpayers $4 billion a year. That's money the parasites want to take out of the medicaid that is keeping granny in the nursing home.
600 points in the dow doesn't change the fact that the top 10% now have 56% of the wealth.
$4B? You're concerned with that but not the influx of folks coming from the place you "can see from your house" and the $100B+ drain they put on the US?

Big surprise.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:07 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,697,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

These idiotic Dems are gonna ruin us

Old 07-29-2011, 09:18 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Oh happy days. Another worthless speech by a worthless President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies