Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 04:08 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Your own state of Ohio voted for Obama...as did such interior states as Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, New Mexico, Colorado, Pennslyvania,Nevada, etc.

Thanks for playing. Now trot down to the local CVS, and get some tinfoil reinforcements...
LOL as OHIO GOES SO DOES THE NATION !! AS SCIOTO COUNTY GOES SO GOES OHIO !!! Come 2012 I will go to CVS to buy party supplies for the big celebration of OBAMA'S DEFEAT !!!! HE HAS LOST ALL THE BLUEDOG DEMOCRATS HERE THEIR WISE TO HIS LIES!!!! DREAM ON Aerosmith
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 08:40 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
There is no connection between the Alaskian railroad and the Canadian National railroad [CN] at this time due to the fact the EPA and Congress won't allow said connection to be built due to government red tape.The Canadian National has connection to the lower 48 with other railroads including the Grand Trunk [GT] which they control thru a holding company.

Movement thru Canada is no problem yes they can barge or unload and traverse the Alaskian highway built in WW2 for WAR not peaceful purposes the GT runs a good way north into Canada.I'am sure the US and Canada have a mutual defense partnership and this could be an efficeincy drill from point A to point B to see how fast they can mobilize forces.
There is no commercial traffic that comes to Alaska via the AlCan, not trucks, not buses, nothing. As I said, everything is either flown or shipped via vessels to Alaska. Which is why Alaska has the highest cost of living in the nation.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:58 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
How is it that someone could make a title like this? That's lame.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:00 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
It's as lame as somebody who reads it.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:03 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It's as lame as somebody who reads it.
Is this elementary school or something? "I know you are but what am I?" How old are you? LOL

Old 08-04-2011, 09:22 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
If Big Government wasn't preparing to suppress discontent, I'd be very surprised. Does anyone think they don't realize that the American people are very angry at the spending and power-moves of Big Government? They realize, though they pretend it's so rare it isn't important.

As our economy gets worse and worse, there will be more and more people who don't like losing everything. Some might even try to defend their property from confiscation. As property taxes skyrocket to insane levels here in southern NH, and the housing market continues to fail, just how many retirees and those who lost jobs will placidly accept the local government confiscating their paid-for homes? As Social Security collapses, the job market further degrades, savings and income are devalued due to the Fed's devaluation of the dollar, and we have less and less money, will we all simply lie down and die as government takes the home and land we already paid for, and could have survived on with home garden and barter?

Waco and Ruby Ridge are examples of national security forces attacking American citizens. Whether you blame the victims or not, how did these happen if Federal Government paid no attention to small groups who might be armed and not supporting the government? We wouldn't have an ATF, Homeland Security, a CIA, an FBI, an NSA, and other federal police forces if the federal level wasn't keeping a close eye on dissention. And the fact that these groups have incredible firepower and intelligence capabilities is not by accident.
"There is a North America-wide strategy to take away the right to mass protest" Hell No - Your Right to Dissent

How does stuff roll, down hill?

Old 08-04-2011, 09:25 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Is this elementary school or something? "I know you are but what am I?" How old are you? LOL
He/she started it. Oh and I'm telling my dad on you!!!

Old 08-05-2011, 03:43 AM

Quote:
He/she started it. Oh and I'm telling my dad on you!!!
Geez sounds like our boy in the WH crying whinning like a spoiled little brat KU chief25...Bet mommy made Baby OBAMA eat his chick creme peas and he didn't like it just like the TEA PARTY made him eat his peas...Obaby doesn't like to be told things and is beginning to learn Americans aren't like Indonesians where he grew up as a child.

Now after all the promise of jobs jobs jobs Hope & Change he spins it at his Birthday party of Chicago's crooks that he didn't mean he could perform miracles or walk on water like his believers thought he could.
His administration is a failure of epic proportion....JMO.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
There is no commercial traffic that comes to Alaska via the AlCan, not trucks, not buses, nothing. As I said, everything is either flown or shipped via vessels to Alaska. Which is why Alaska has the highest cost of living in the nation.
The Alaskian Canadian rail link via the Yukon has been talked about since 1923 and still has not been acted on.Just shows how backwards government functions while the riches of the north that could salvage our economy sits waiting to be exploited.Maybe we could cut a deal with China for the oil,natural resourses they need to cut or pay down what we owe to them.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:56 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Quote:
Super Congress
At the same time that these military movements are being documented, the Congress and the corporate media have fear mongered over the supposed debt ceiling crisis to the point where they were actually able to come to a compromise that included a completely unconstitutional Super Congress!
This so called Super Congress will include 6 Republicans and 6 Democrats who, along with the president, will have total control.
It has even been announced that members of Congress who voted against the debt ceiling compromise will not be considered for a position within the Super Congress.
As the public sits idly by wondering if their social security checks are on the way, troop movements, both American and foreign, have considerably ramped up, possibly in anticipation of large scale public outcry over the massive power grab now being called The Council Of 13.
Other possible reasons for the massive movement of military equipment throughout the U.S. are earth changes, plans for another middle east war or Libya ground invasion, normal training exercises, and anticipation of a massive terror attack.

‪Huge Military train travelling through Oregon‬‏ - YouTube
Sorry to ruin the thread but there is NO SUCH THING as a "Super Congress". Note that none of these fear mongering articles from somewhat tabloid sources site any actual laws or bills.

What was established was a joint committee to oversee the spending in the bill that was passed to raise the debt ceiling. THAT IS IT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies