Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 06:31 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Last I recall several other conservatives told you that you weren't conservative. I'd say that's a smack down. Of course you're going to disagree. You can be anything you want to be in your mind.

Good, you do it in your zoo.

Because the actual conservatives in congress would never bring an assault weapons bill to his desk, so as a "conservative", Christie is ok.

I would vote for Christie because his lefty anti-gun stance wouldn't affect me since he cannot create laws.
You're wacky, loons telling me I'm not a conservative isn't a smack down it is raving of lunatic fringe and laughable. Again you do more damage to your cause than any liberal. Well done!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 06:35 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
You're wacky
, loons telling me I'm not a conservative isn't a smack down it is raving of lunatic fringe and laughable.
Too many grammatical errors. Didn't you say you were a pharma rep or something? Might explain some of it. I would say you're a one issue "conservative" and that is on fiscal matters. At least I hold conservative positions on multiple issues.

Quote:
Again you do more damage to your cause than any liberal. Well done!
Considering the castle doctrine expands concealed carry rights in NC for banks and state parks starting Dec 1, I would disagree strongly. Wake me up when concealed carry is "shall issue" in NJ rather than for elite pro-government leftists like yourself.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Too many grammatical errors. Didn't you say you were a pharma rep or something? Might explain some of it.

Considering the castle doctrine expands concealed carry rights in NC for banks and state parks starting Dec 1, I would disagree strongly. Wake me up when concealed carry is "shall issue" in NJ rather than for elite pro-government leftists like yourself.
You ought to quit while you're behind. You're is correct, it is a contraction for you are. Your, is the possessive form of the word.

Unfortunatly your doctrinaire ways turn people off to any validity your( see the possessive) arguments may have.

By the way I am a pharmacist, 6 years of higher education. And you?

Old 08-04-2011, 06:44 AM

Quote:
You ought to quit while you're behind.
Like I said, you can be anything you want to be on the internet, including "winning the debate"

Quote:
You're is correct, it is a contraction for you are. Your, is the possessive form of the word.
You followed that clause with a comma, the rest of the sentence was chiefly illegible. Not sure what "it is raving of lunatic fringe and laughable" means, unless you're talking about rave parties?

Quote:
Unfortunatly your doctrinaire ways turn people off to any validity your( see the possessive) arguments may have.

By the way I am a pharmacist, 6 years of higher education. And you?
Nearly finished my Ph. D. in Comp Sci. Dated a Pharmacist in NJ, not exactly the brightest bulb in the room. No worries, in your internet world, you're smarter. Gosh, I remember our last debate diverting to you trying to impress me with made up stories about how much you make and who lives next to you. Yawn...how predictable some NJ "conservatives" are.

Like I said, Christie is a loony leftie with regards to 2A but that's still ok for being president since he has basically no say in the matter with a real conservative congress making the laws.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Like I said, you can be anything you want to be on the internet, including "winning the debate"

You followed that clause with a comma, the rest of the sentence was chiefly illegible. Not sure what "it is raving of lunatic fringe and laughable" means, unless you're talking about rave parties?

Nearly finished my Ph. D. in Comp Sci. Dated a Pharmacist in NJ, not exactly the brightest bulb in the room. No worries, in your internet world, you're smarter. Gosh, I remember our last debate diverting to you trying to impress me with made up stories about how much you make and who lives next to you. Yawn...how predictable some NJ "conservatives" are.
Too funny, computer science, I guess that explains your inability to understand the written word and interact with other humans in an agreeable way. You're a walking stereotype.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Too funny, computer science, I guess that explains your inability to understand the written word and interact with other humans in an agreeable way. You're a walking stereotype.
Actually my research interest involves natural language processing and for s**ts and giggles I decided to run your response through the Stanford parser. Factored parser failed and it had to revert to the probabilistic model, which basically means the clausal construct doesn't exist in the Wall St. Journal corpus, which basically means it's ungrammatical.

Yes, too funny indeed. Gosh, just be like all the other Obamatrons and add me to your ignore list already!

Old 08-04-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Actually my research interest involves natural language processing and for s**ts and giggles I decided to run your response through the Stanford parser. Factored parser failed and it had to revert to the probabilistic model, which basically means it doesn't exist in the Wall St. Journal corpus, which basically means it's ungrammatical.

Yes, too funny indeed.
Yes as I said you inability to interact with other humans and understand the written word, is understandable, given your chosen profession.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Yes as I said you inability to interact with other humans and understand the written word, is understandable, given your chosen profession.
LOL, a geek telling another geek that he doesn't know how to interact with humans. LOL

Keep those insults coming!

Old 08-04-2011, 07:01 AM

Quote:
LOL, a geek telling another geek that he doesn't know how to interact with humans. LOL

Keep those insults coming!
Why do you view it as an insult? It is simply a fact. My, my you have thin skin. By the way, a ban on assault weapons is as inevitable.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Why do you view it as an insult? It is simply a fact. My, my you have thin skin.
Actually, I found it hilarious and ironic. One science geek trying to tell another that they don't know how to interact with other humans. Humor is a great way to start such a day, considering I'm pretty tired from waking up early in order to carpool with wifey.

Quote:
By the way, a ban on assault weapons is as inevitable.
Last I noticed, your liberal friends aren't in power in the house and won't be anytime soon. The NJ "conservatives" are safely locked away in their zoo, so no worries for the rest of America.

Now, I know it's difficult for NJ "conservatives" to focus on topic given that many in the metro area are good at multitasking but getting very little done (lived long enough in the area to witness this first-hand and had to unlearn a lot of bad habits). However, let's get back to Chris Christie shall we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies