Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 03:29 PM

785 posts, read 620,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Obama did not let the Bush Tax Cuts run out. He compromised and negotiated with the Tea Party Ayn Rand terrorists...that's why.

Prove whom "innocent"???
Why dont you go back and re-read my post to you, in which you had asked someone to prove ayn rand not to be all of those mean ole' things. In essence you wanted someone to prove her innocent. It doesn't work like that, the burden of proof is on the accuser.

Oh...you're a liberal, thats right, and you need that part explained clearly to you.

Oh, one more thing, the Bush Tax Cuts are just ONE tax that exists in America, so for you to use that is beyond laughable. As is the fact that Obama didn't want to extend them to begin with.

You seem to post emotionally, not logically with factual evidence.

Try again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 03:30 PM

31,296 posts, read 20,800,441 times
Quote:

Just another Tea Party hypocrisy at its very core.

Not at all. I don't think Rand ever espoused being so stupid as to not take advantage of benefits that are offered.

That's just being smart.

Old 08-06-2011, 03:37 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,181,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
Why dont you go back and re-read my post to you, in which you had asked someone to prove ayn rand not to be all of those mean ole' things. In essence you wanted someone to prove her innocent. It doesn't work like that, the burden of proof is on the accuser.

Oh...you're a liberal, thats right, and you need that part explained clearly to you.

Oh, one more thing, the Bush Tax Cuts are just ONE tax that exists in America, so for you to use that is beyond laughable. As is the fact that Obama didn't want to extend them to begin with.

You seem to post emotionally, not logically with factual evidence.

Try again?
Ayn Rand's philospohy is there for the world to see and her selfish outlook is not a secret. She shouted it proudly and emphatically to the world. It appears that you have no idea who she was and no clue as to how closely her teachings have been followed by many in the extreme right wing. You need to brush up on the ideology of the representatives that you support. Your ignorance is showing.

Old 08-06-2011, 03:41 PM

785 posts, read 620,464 times
Quote:
Ayn Rand's philospohy is there for the world to see and her selfish outlook is not a secret. She shouted it proudly and emphatically to the world. It appears that you have no idea who she was and no clue as to how closely her teachings have been followed by many in the extreme right wing. You need to brush up on the ideology of the representatives that you support. Your ignorance is showing.
Wrong friend, I know who she was and what she stood for. She stood for self reliance, and taking advantage of an opportunity in which others had the same opportunity to stand up for themselves.

However, you have yet to provide examples of her work and analyze them. You just want to be believed. However, can we talk about selfishness for a minute? How do excuse Barney Frank giving his boyfriend inside employment opps? Or Charlie Rangel cheating on his taxes and using rent controlled apartments that poor people could have had?

Can you excuse that behavior using the same exact moral condemnation that you bring up Ayn Rand...for, um, seemingly SELFISH OUTLOOK AND BEHAVIOR?

I would love to hear your reply.

Old 08-06-2011, 03:59 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,181,236 times
Quote:
Wrong friend, I know who she was and what she stood for. She stood for self reliance, and taking advantage of an opportunity in which others had the same opportunity to stand up for themselves.

However, you have yet to provide examples of her work and analyze them. You just want to be believed. However, can we talk about selfishness for a minute? How do excuse Barney Frank giving his boyfriend inside employment opps? Or Charlie Rangel cheating on his taxes and using rent controlled apartments that poor people could have had?

Can you excuse that behavior using the same exact moral condemnation that you bring up Ayn Rand...for, um, seemingly SELFISH OUTLOOK AND BEHAVIOR?

I'm not stupid enough to excuse anyone because of partisanship...are you?
I support Campaign Finance Reform...do you?

Why are you deflecting?

There is an entire faction of governement using Rand's warped philosophy as their guiding light. Is there faction using Frank or Rangel's philosophies and using their books as teaching tools? You made a very weak argument and I suggest you don't respond just for the sake of responding.

Ayn Rand and the Corporate Elitist Tea Party

The Tea Party has embraced much of Ayn Rand's philosophy in their own and you will hear this same rhetoric calling people "statists" and "welfare leeches" at all Tea Party events and from the Tea Party leaders.

The Tea Party would claim it has a free market ideology but in actuality it is a capitalist ideology and since it wants capitalism to control government it is actually a corporate elitist or corporatism ideology.

I'm done here. Educate yourself or don't...it's up to you.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 08-06-2011 at 04:27 PM..

Old 08-06-2011, 04:37 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,131,832 times
Quote:
Why don't you post an excerpt proving her not to be the narccisist, selfish, mean spirited, demented ideologic cult leader that she was.
How about you respond to the question with an answer instead of a question that has no bearing on the question you were asked?

Old 08-06-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
There are admitted Rand followers in governemnt and media on the right. What is there to point fingers at? They are self proclaimed.
Link, please.

Old 08-06-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:

What I find most ironic is that these same posters who are against Rand receiving her own SS benefits are the ones who advocate for welfare of all sorts and are the first to scream about conservatives hating the poor b/c we take issue with not working for what one has.

Old 08-06-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
The Tea Party would claim it has a free market ideology but in actuality it is a capitalist ideology and since it wants capitalism to control government it is actually a corporate elitist or corporatism ideology.

I'm done here. Educate yourself or don't...it's up to you.
LMAO! Please explain the difference between "free market" and "capitalist."

Also note that it's not good argumentation to supply a link and then tell the opposing party to look it up for themselves. I ain't clicking on your link until you explain the take away message of it. Oh, that's right, you probably have no clue what you're talking about, yet again.

And what does campaign reform have to do with any of this?

Old 08-06-2011, 04:49 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,861,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Medicaid is not limited to people who paid into it. Nor are any of the welfare programs. There is no requirement at all that somone pay into the food stamp program or Medicaid for any number of years. In fact people fresh over the border can simply get here, give birth and expect to get in on all these giveaway programs as their reward.

I agree with you but the fact stands that everyone who works pays into these programs for their ENTIRE lives. So really I see no difference between SS and any of the above since through our taxes we ARE required to pay into the system.

And I am not one who supports illegal immigrants receiving benefits at all. My son's SSN was stolen by an illegal immigrant when he was 5 years old so that the illegal could get medicaid so I have some horrible experience with dealing with the effects of them using the system. I fully support a law that requires anyone who receives any government social service (including WIC and foodstamps) be verified as being a natural or legal citizen/resident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies