Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2011, 02:44 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,738,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
One of your links does not work. The other is filled with bad information.
from a notorious anti-vaccine website.

Gardasil - Vaccine for cervical cancer - the hidden dangers|Good Baby Food

I assume the data you are trying to link to the government database about vaccine reactions. That database contains unverified information. Anyone can file a report there. Please take a biology class and stop spreading paranoid nonsense from bad websites. Thank you.

Better information can be found here:

CDC - Reports of Health Concerns Following HPV Vaccination - Vaccine Safety

The rest is nothing but wishful thinking. All the apples and running won't stop cervical cancer. It's even more ridiculous to think that simply being celibate is a good idea. People have sex. Protecting themselves against sexually transmitted disease is simply good common sense.

Again that is unverified information that is not grounded in fact. There's certainly no evidence that the HPV vaccine causes heart disease.
I guess 'bad information' to you is anything that contradicts your assumption that everything the pharmaceutical industry rolls out, from vaccine overkill to drugs for tots, is good for you. Attenuated virus that sheds, is not a good idea. Neither is injecting thermerisol. There has been an exponential rise in autism that corresponds directly with the amount of child vaccines that are moreless forced on the public. Parents are made to feel guilty if they don't vaccinate their kids with a plethora of drugs from the time they are 6 months old. There are certain vaccinations that I subscribe to, but many others that I do not. You have to weigh the benefit vs the associated risk, and keep in mind that the drug industry is more interested in what it can sell than what you really need.

Old 08-17-2011, 03:22 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
I guess 'bad information' to you is anything that contradicts your assumption that everything the pharmaceutical industry rolls out, from vaccine overkill to drugs for tots, is good for you. Attenuated virus that sheds, is not a good idea. Neither is injecting thermerisol. There has been an exponential rise in autism that corresponds directly with the amount of child vaccines that are moreless forced on the public. Parents are made to feel guilty if they don't vaccinate their kids with a plethora of drugs from the time they are 6 months old. There are certain vaccinations that I subscribe to, but many others that I do not. You have to weigh the benefit vs the associated risk, and keep in mind that the drug industry is more interested in what it can sell than what you really need.
Please go take a biology class. Or at least stop reading the anti-vax websites. They're run by morons.

Thank you.

Thimerosol hasn't been in vaccines in years. Autism rates are still up. There's no evidence that thimerosol was ever dangerous in the first place.

In the meantime please explain which vaccines you think are not good and why. Better yet explain to us which diseases you would like to see return once we stop vaccinating. Whooping cough? Measles? Diphtheria? Tetanus? Polio? Mumps? Hib?

How many little babies would you see made mentally retarded from congenital rubella syndrome? Deaf from measles? Paralyzed from polio? Coughing to death from pertussis? Gasping for air from diphteria?

Please tell us.

Old 08-17-2011, 03:25 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times
This gives me mixed feelings. On the one hand I'm a social conservative, I also don't like gov't forcing people to do anything with their children other than require schooling. On the other hand the HPV vaccine was developed by my spiritual alma matar (University of Louisville, I'll physically be an Eastern Kentucky University alum this Dec though)

Old 08-17-2011, 03:56 PM

37,103 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Which vaccines do you subscribe to and why do you believe they are worthwhile and others are not? Newer vaccines use the same immunologic principles as older ones.

As far as risk and benefit is concerned, that is measured for every drug created. Follow up on Gardasil still shows that it is safe and it is effective in preventing infections with the strains of HPV in the vaccine and partial protection for strains that are not in the vaccine but closely related to those that are.

Here are the numbers for Gardasil in the application for approval for males. Please note the sections on adverse effects and deaths --- there were actually fewer deaths in the vaccine group, three in total, two accidental and one gunshot wound.

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Advisor.../UCM181361.pdf

What problems do you think attenuated viruses in vaccines cause?

The thimerosal issue is dead. It was a fabrication by that charlatan Andrew Wakefield, who, in my opinion, is no better than a mass murderer for what he has done to worldwide health.

There is ample evidence that vaccines do not cause autism.

And in the grand scheme of things, the pharmaceutical industry would make billions more in drugs to treat the illnesses that vaccines prevent than they do from the vaccines themselves. Vaccines are just not that profitable.

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 08-17-2011 at 03:57 PM.. Reason: correct typo

Old 09-02-2011, 08:36 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
You're NOT going to get me to tell you what happened between me and Dr. Fauci last Thursday!
Dr. Fauci is going to retire soon.

He's a decent man.

"In "AIDS and the Doctors of Death" (1988), I mentioned a London Times explosive front page article connecting AIDS to extensive vaccine programs in Africa, and entitled "Smallpox vaccine triggered AIDS virus" (May 11, 1987). Robert Gallo, the co-discoverer of HIV, was quoted as saying, "The link between the WHO program and the epidemic is an interesting and important hypothesis. I cannot say it actually happened, but I have been saying for some years that the use of live vaccines such as that used for smallpox can activate a dormant infection such as HIV." The full Times story never appeared in the major media in the U.S., but is available online."

Gay Vax Experiments And The US Origin Of AIDS

Last edited by ergohead; 09-02-2011 at 09:23 AM..

Old 09-02-2011, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Dr. Fauci is going to retire soon.

He's a decent man.

"In "AIDS and the Doctors of Death" (1988), I mentioned a London Times explosive front page article connecting AIDS to extensive vaccine programs in Africa, and entitled "Smallpox vaccine triggered AIDS virus" (May 11, 1987). Robert Gallo, the co-discoverer of HIV, was quoted as saying, "The link between the WHO program and the epidemic is an interesting and important hypothesis. I cannot say it actually happened, but I have been saying for some years that the use of live vaccines such as that used for smallpox can activate a dormant infection such as HIV." The full Times story never appeared in the major media in the U.S., but is available online."

Gay Vax Experiments And The US Origin Of AIDS
Your link is full of misinformation.

For example:

The entire theory that the hepatitis B vaccine was used to introduce the HIV deliberately into the gay population hinges on there being no HIV infection before the vaccine trial was started. That is not true.

Timeline of early AIDS cases - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BOY'S 1969 DEATH SUGGESTS AIDS INVADED U.S. SEVERAL TIMES - NYTimes.com

The link suggests that gay men were targeted in the hepatitis B vaccine trial as some form of homophobic conspiracy. Actually, the population was chosen because they were at high risk, because of their sexual activity, to acquire hepatitis B --- the same high risk behavior that made them at risk to acquire HIV. It does not mean they got HIV from the hepatitis B vaccine. Having one sexually transmitted disease increases the risk of having another.

The quote from Maurice Hilleman was a joke, ergo. That's why the people listening to him laughed. See his bio here. He was famous for his prickly personality

Perry J Greenbaum: Maurice Hilleman: Mister Vaccine

Maurice R. Hilleman Dies; Created Vaccines (washingtonpost.com)

"Dr. Hilleman created eight of the 14 most commonly used vaccines, including those for mumps, measles, chicken pox, pneumonia, meningitis, rubella and many other infectious diseases. He developed more than three dozen vaccines, more than any other scientist. His measles vaccine alone is estimated to prevent 1 million deaths worldwide every year."

"Among scientists, he is a legend. But to the general public, he is the world's best kept secret," said Anthony S. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. "I think, without hyperbole, he as an individual has had a more positive impact on the health of the world than any other scientist, any other vaccinologist, in history."

And Dr. Gallo's statement does not say that giving a {smallpox} vaccine causes HIV. He only theorizes that a live vaccine might cause a latent HIV infection to become active. I can find no studies indicating that to be true, however.

The entire article is Cantwell's musings and theories, with a segue into the evils of human experimentation.

Really bad junk science. Helps sell his books, though, I suspect.

Edited to add: The mumps virus Hilleman used to develop the mumps vaccine came fro his daughter, Jenny Lynn. The strain is named after her.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:29 PM

Dr. Hilleman is the best example of pleomorphism you will find.

HIV And Cancer Come From Vaccines - Merck Vaccine Scientist - YouTube

Old 09-04-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Dr. Hilleman is the best example of pleomorphism you will find.

HIV And Cancer Come From Vaccines - Merck Vaccine Scientist - YouTube

Hmm, why do you think people laughed at Dr. Hilleman's comments? Because he was making a joke!

How do I know? Because he said so himself!

Vaccine: the controversial story of ... - Google Books

"In1986, Hilleman joked to medical historian Edward Shorter
that in importing vervets
(green monkeys ---Suzy Q) he "didn't realize I was bringing AIDS into the United States." It was a typically freewheeling Hilleman remark, one that he later regretted since it was taken as truth by antivaccine fanatics."

Old 09-04-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Hmm, why do you think people laughed at Dr. Hilleman's comments? Because he was making a joke!

How do I know? Because he said so himself!

Vaccine: the controversial story of ... - Google Books

"In1986, Hilleman joked to medical historian Edward Shorter
that in importing vervets
(green monkeys ---Suzy Q) he "didn't realize I was bringing AIDS into the United States." It was a typically freewheeling Hilleman remark, one that he later regretted since it was taken as truth by antivaccine fanatics."

This guy has all of the characteristics of a typical Republican.

Republicans can't make a joke.

That portion of their brain is missing.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Your link is full of misinformation.

For example:

The entire theory that the hepatitis B vaccine was used to introduce the HIV deliberately into the gay population hinges on there being no HIV infection before the vaccine trial was started. That is not true.

Timeline of early AIDS cases - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BOY'S 1969 DEATH SUGGESTS AIDS INVADED U.S. SEVERAL TIMES - NYTimes.com

The link suggests that gay men were targeted in the hepatitis B vaccine trial as some form of homophobic conspiracy. Actually, the population was chosen because they were at high risk, because of their sexual activity, to acquire hepatitis B --- the same high risk behavior that made them at risk to acquire HIV. It does not mean they got HIV from the hepatitis B vaccine. Having one sexually transmitted disease increases the risk of having another.

The quote from Maurice Hilleman was a joke, ergo. That's why the people listening to him laughed. See his bio here. He was famous for his prickly personality

Perry J Greenbaum: Maurice Hilleman: Mister Vaccine

Maurice R. Hilleman Dies; Created Vaccines (washingtonpost.com)

"Dr. Hilleman created eight of the 14 most commonly used vaccines, including those for mumps, measles, chicken pox, pneumonia, meningitis, rubella and many other infectious diseases. He developed more than three dozen vaccines, more than any other scientist. His measles vaccine alone is estimated to prevent 1 million deaths worldwide every year."

"Among scientists, he is a legend. But to the general public, he is the world's best kept secret," said Anthony S. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. "I think, without hyperbole, he as an individual has had a more positive impact on the health of the world than any other scientist, any other vaccinologist, in history."

And Dr. Gallo's statement does not say that giving a {smallpox} vaccine causes HIV. He only theorizes that a live vaccine might cause a latent HIV infection to become active. I can find no studies indicating that to be true, however.

The entire article is Cantwell's musings and theories, with a segue into the evils of human experimentation.

Really bad junk science. Helps sell his books, though, I suspect.

Edited to add: The mumps virus Hilleman used to develop the mumps vaccine came fro his daughter, Jenny Lynn. The strain is named after her.
He's killed millions of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies