Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 04:26 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
I just have yet to see any fatalities or severe reactions to vaccines. If they're so lethal, where are all the dead patients? the 'harmed for life'? Surely there must be hard numbers for these cases, and not mere conjecture?

And we in the healthcare industry are seeing more and more unvaccinated people -- of all ages -- receiving emergent or inpatient services for the very illnesses those vaccines were meant to protect against.

There is no reason I should have had to see children being treated for pertussis, measles, or Hep B over the years, but I have. And not all of them have ended well.

But, in the end, it IS very much the patient's choice.

Survival of the Fittest.....

is something that the Vaccines can't negate any more than the Diseases can. I am guessing that you do not WANT to "see" the deaths or the harm that the shots have done and are still doing.

SIDS.....can't explain it away, and even my old neighbor in California had her Ped. Doc deny that her baby that died in its bed at just past two mos. was a victim of the shots. She knew better and she told the rest of us, meaning we few houses that were friendly, on our cul-de-sac.

Anecodotal evidence by the thousands are just what have crossed my path in 31 approx. years.
Of course, I go looking for it, and you don't, apparently. Being a person of integrity I will never stop speaking what has been found just within my orbit/search. It's all true~

Old 04-03-2012, 04:30 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,738,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Really?...then how do you know there isn't?...how do you know vaccines even work?...it only takes a very little research to find this truth (and those "hard numbers")......I don't believe you when you say you're seeing more people who're unvaccinated seeking care....surely not more than vaccinated who (yes, sorry to burst your bubble) also get those "very illnesses" that their immunization SHOULD have prevented.....though I'm sure there's some reason, or excuse made up for that, favorite one being...Oh well...guess it didn't work...come on back for some more...better still...lets add a couple more onto the infant schedule just to be sure.
Yes, in fact, I am seeing more unvaccinated cases of illnesses than those in the vaccinated crowd at the facilities I work for. Each record documents which patients receiving care have received seasonal vaccinations or are not up-to-date on the typical vaccinations from childhood. It's not brain surgery, it's basic patient data and medical documentation.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Survival of the Fittest.....

is something that the Vaccines can't negate any more than the Diseases can. I am guessing that you do not WANT to "see" the deaths or the harm that the shots have done and are still doing.

SIDS.....can't explain it away, and even my old neighbor in California had her Ped. Doc deny that her baby that died in its bed at just past two mos. was a victim of the shots. She knew better and she told the rest of us, meaning we few houses that were friendly, on our cul-de-sac.

Anecodotal evidence by the thousands are just what have crossed my path in 31 approx. years.
Of course, I go looking for it, and you don't, apparently. Being a person of integrity I will never stop speaking what has been found just within my orbit/search. It's all true~
Correlation does NOT mean causation.

The beauty of a good conspiracy theory is the amount of effort one takes to data mine their way to a conclusion that best fits their original thesis.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:39 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Here's a tiny tiny sampling of what's going on for you,..ThinkTwice Global Vaccine Institute: Immunization Stories & Vaccine Reactions

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-11-2012 at 07:08 AM..

Old 04-10-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
I just got a tetanus booster and I have a sore arm. I'm probably dying, right?
Not such a big joke to the ones who HAVE suffered reactions .....ever had guinne barre disease...look it up...I lost 6 months to that disease brought on by the tetanus shot I foolishly submitted to 8 years ago.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:50 PM

37,109 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Not such a big joke to the ones who HAVE suffered reactions .....ever had guinne barre disease...look it up...I lost 6 months to that disease brought on by the tetanus shot I foolishly submitted to 8 years ago.
Interesting, since the risk of Guillain-Barré syndrome after tetanus toxoid is actually decreased.

The risk of Guillain-Barré syndrome after tetanus-toxoid-containing vaccines in adults and children in the United States.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Here's a tiny tiny sampling of what's going on for you rayneinspain...ThinkTwice Global Vaccine Institute: Immunization Stories & Vaccine Reactions
Not going to read it, I've seen my fill of anti-vax nonsense.

I'm not seeing the vaccination apocalypse storming our country's ER's and ICU's. In fact, I've never actually seen a chart in 14 years where a patient came in for reaction to a vaccine, and certainly none for death or permanent disability due to vaccinations.

That said, I do not doubt that some people have reactions to vaccines. My own son reacted to Pertussis as an infant, therefore we were advised to have it excluded from future diphtheria/tetanus boosters.

People can react to plenty of other medications, and I find it interesting that similar threads aren't popping up against vancomycin, NSAIDs, penicillin, flagyl, cipro, or methotrexate.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:08 PM

Then don't say you've never seen these reactions rayneinspain...which by the way...are NOT nonsense....refusing to take your head out of the sand and see what's in front of your face...IS nonsense.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Then don't say you've never seen these reactions rayneinspain...which by the way...are NOT nonsense....refusing to take your head out of the sand and see what's in front of your face...IS nonsense.
My then-infant son had a fever and crying for an afternoon. It was not determined to be a severe reaction. It resolved in a few hours (ie, 'self-limiting reaction'). By comparison, I had an anaphylactic reaction to Sulfa last year, with swelling, erythema, and shortness of breath due to laryngeal edema...you know, potentially lethal.

I have not seen, first-hand, a single medical chart in 14 years that involved a reaction to vaccinations of the magnitude to which you are referring (ie, anything other than mild, self-limiting reactions). That doesn't mean they don't happen (like I said before), but after working for facilities in 9 states, you'd think--IF severe vaccination reactions were so common--I'd have at least seen ONE in that time. Maybe I will tomorrow or next week...I'm not ruling the possibility out whatsoever.

I'm afraid I'm still not going to join you in your conspiracy theory, no matter how awfully tempting that might be.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:08 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,746,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
My then-infant son had a fever and crying for an afternoon. It was not determined to be a severe reaction. It resolved in a few hours (ie, 'self-limiting reaction'). By comparison, I had an anaphylactic reaction to Sulfa last year, with swelling, erythema, and shortness of breath due to laryngeal edema...you know, potentially lethal.

I have not seen, first-hand, a single medical chart in 14 years that involved a reaction to vaccinations of the magnitude to which you are referring (ie, anything other than mild, self-limiting reactions). That doesn't mean they don't happen (like I said before), but after working for facilities in 9 states, you'd think--IF severe vaccination reactions were so common--I'd have at least seen ONE in that time. Maybe I will tomorrow or next week...I'm not ruling the possibility out whatsoever.

I'm afraid I'm still not going to join you in your conspiracy theory, no matter how awfully tempting that might be.
I agree with everything you've said Rayne, but I know from endless past experience that arguing with the anti-vaxer's is fruitless. They're convinced they understand the science, convinced they are privy to special information, convinced they're a whole lot smarter than everyone else thinks they are, and there is nothing that will convince them otherwise.

Best to think of it as Darwin's laws in action, unless their silliness really starts to compromise the herd immunity of society in general and them something will have to happen that makes vaccination mandatory.
Public health should not be sacrificed to the ridiculousness of these people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies