Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2012, 12:50 PM

37,098 posts, read 41,226,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
About 80% of all flu shots given in the U.S. still contains thimerosal (49% ethyl mercury) Safety Standards set by the FDA for this mercury are the same as those for the closely related methyl mercury...Doctors and scientists debate the differences of how these two forms affect the brain and body...but they all agree both are toxins.......A typical 0.5 milliliter flu shot contains 25 micrograms---or 50000 parts per billion of mercury.....the EPA classifies a liquid with 200 parts per billion of mercury as hazardous waste.....the limit for drinking water is 2 parts per billion.......Using these standards a 130 pound person getting the flu shot would exceed the daily limit by 4 times.....a 23 pound baby would get more than 25 times the amount of mercury considered safe.
As you have been repeatedly told, it is possible to get mercury free influenza vaccine.

Thimerosal in Vaccines

So your hypothetical baby would get zero micrograms of mercury.

It does your argument no good when you ignore the facts.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:06 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
How many mothers do you know that ask for mercury free vaccines Suzy_q2010...do YOU vaccinate with single dose mercury free vaccine?

Old 04-12-2012, 04:02 PM

37,098 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
How many mothers do you know that ask for mercury free vaccines Suzy_q2010...do YOU vaccinate with single dose mercury free vaccine?
I do not give vaccines.

I personally would not refuse a vaccine that had mercury in it.

I do limit my intake of tuna, though. Do you?

Old 04-12-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post

Lots of links, not holding my breath you'll either read them or understand the information contained within. One interesting aspect of learning new information: it greatly helps if one sets aside one's biases prior to the process. New Info = Good Thing

It's a tragedy that science and facts are so casually dismissed, regardless of the topic at hand, by people dead-set on believing hype and conspiracies.
Interesting that you would say that, yet a few posts back it was YOU who said "Not going to read it, I've had my share of anti-vax nonsense".......I read ALL the sites posted...I like to increase my knowledge, and I won't not read it (like you) just because I don't like the messenger........you sound like you are talking about yourself above.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:22 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,735,637 times
Quote:
Interesting that you would say that, yet a few posts back it was YOU who said "Not going to read it, I've had my share of anti-vax nonsense".......I read ALL the sites posted...I like to increase my knowledge, and I won't not read it (like you) just because I don't like the messenger........you sound like you are talking about yourself above.
Breaking my promise here....

If I actually thought the anti-vax CRAP held anything of merit and was not such blatantly propagandized hysteria, I would read it. I've read my fill on numerous occasions to know the gist of the message...and it IS a message, not factual data.

I posted linked to studies done WITHOUT a bias.

The denial and desperation in your posts is frightening. (post #296 as well as the following gem from 2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladoll View Post

Quote:
You think doctors got time to study??? that's a laugh!!You think that because you're willing to take "the risk" on a rare (as you call it) reaction, that those that don't are paranoid freaks??You think that people who seek answers are cult followers?? I assure you , I am not in a cult , nor do I havr=e any followers as you say.I would say that you are more obsessed than me by your angry response..Some of us do seek the truth,the whole truth, and nothing but the truth...too bsd for you and your own that you do not...There's two sides to every coin, I just want people to see both..
Wow, I haven't read something so stupid in a long time. I would much rather take the word of doctors and the CDC than an airhead like Jenny McCarthy and you.

Last edited by rayneinspain; 04-12-2012 at 04:38 PM..

Old 04-12-2012, 04:25 PM

Maybe Katiana could answer that....how about it Katiana.....how many single dose vaccines do you immunize with?...and do the young trusting new moms ask for it?

Old 04-12-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Breaking my promise here....

If I actually thought the anti-vax CRAP held anything of merit and was not such blatantly propagandized hysteria, I would read it. I've read my fill on numerous occasions to know the gist of the message...and it IS a message, not factual data.

I posted linked to studies done WITHOUT a bias.

The denial and desperation in your posts is frightening.
So...how could you POSSIBLY know that there is no merit in something if you're not reading it?...first you say you don't...then you say you do...then you say you don't.......ding ding ding....I too have posted numerous links to "unbiased" studies...probably not from the CDC, who ARE biased...but by scientists, researchers, immunologists, doctors, nuerologists etc....now what have THEY got to gain by warning of the dangers of vaccines?.........You, with your head in the sand,....trully ARE frightening.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:26 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,191,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
For all of you who read this please SAVE the link and pass it on to your friends and relatives and have them do the same. NOBODY should have ANY VACCINE including those your doctor wants you to have WITHOUT CHECKING THIS SITE for the INGREDIENTS and SIDE-EFFECTS. After you've done that and are ok getting shot-up with formaldehyde and all the other lovely ingredients that are in most of the vaccines, go ahead. Also keep in mind that the greatest number of cases of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome are right after the 2 month and 4 month old vaccines. http://novaccine.com

This site is the World Assn for Vaccine Education by the way.

This is what is in the flu vaccine and the side effects:

WAVE - Specific Vaccines Flu (influenza)

At least India is HONEST. If the truth be told, 250,000 Americans die every year taking prescription drugs as prescribed and that doesn't count allergic reactions are errors but you have to read the medical journals to find out.
Yeah, just let smallpox and polio make a comeback and you'll see how quickly the tin foil hat wearing nut jobs will put away the conspiracy theory and run to their family doctor.

Quote:
So...how could you POSSIBLY know that there is no merit in something if you're not reading it?...first you say you don't...then you say you do...then you say you don't.......ding ding ding....I too have posted numerous links to "unbiased" studies...probably not from the CDC, who ARE biased...but by scientists, researchers, immunologists, doctors, nuerologists etc....now what have THEY got to gain by warning of the dangers of vaccines?.........You, with your head in the sand,....trully ARE frightening.
A lot of people, particularly on the internet, make up their minds based on emotions. They commonly didn't do well in school and couldn't make it into college. Unfortunately, you're stuck arguing with them here. If they knew anything about history of the human race before vaccines then they'd not be spouting the things they do.

Tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists don't give their children vaccines and medical doctors with 8 years of college, plus residency do. Gee, I wonder who'll be making the better medical decision there.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:21 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,870,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It's probably the internet, though I have been in this business for 40 years, and it's always been. In fact, the head conspirator last night said it goes back to the early days of the smallpox vaccine.
The minute Jenner published his results the crazies climbed out the woodwork. They haven't retreated. Anti-vax hysteria is literally as old as vaccines alas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Survival of the Fittest.....

is something that the Vaccines can't negate any more than the Diseases can. I am guessing that you do not WANT to "see" the deaths or the harm that the shots have done and are still doing.

SIDS.....can't explain it away, and even my old neighbor in California had her Ped. Doc deny that her baby that died in its bed at just past two mos. was a victim of the shots. She knew better and she told the rest of us, meaning we few houses that were friendly, on our cul-de-sac.

Anecodotal evidence by the thousands are just what have crossed my path in 31 approx. years.
Of course, I go looking for it, and you don't, apparently. Being a person of integrity I will never stop speaking what has been found just within my orbit/search. It's all true~
SIDS was described quite accurately by the Greeks. The Greeks predate vaccines by well over a thousand years. That's probably why estimates of infant mortality rates back then were as high as sixty percent.

FYI, if you really want to reduce SIDS you should vaccinate as the sane people at the American Academy of Pediatrics remind us that it reduces SIDS by 50%:

AAP Releases New Recommendations for Infant Safety - The CJ Foundation for SIDS

Old 04-12-2012, 11:34 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,870,931 times
Quote:
The anti-vax sites are notorious for being filled with crazy nonsense and sheer lies.

The Anti-Immunization Activists: A Pattern of Deception

As for what people have to gain by telling people to avoid a vaccine that costs pennies to make (as has been repeatedly pointed out to you ) that is money. The Joe Mercola and Andrew Wakefields of the world tell people to avoid basic public health measures and use garbage instead. Wakefield even patented his own MMR vaccine.

Brian Deer investigates MMR - measles vaccine patent

Do you really think he did so in the name of public health safety? Do you think Joe Mercola sells chlorella to help people? Do you think the chelation peddling morons or those who sell homeopathy are in it for no gain at all?

Do you?

That idiotic ThinkTwice website is filled with garbage you can buy.

Why are the anti-vaxxers convinced that a small profit on a product that works is a grave sin but a huge profit on a product that does not is not?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies