Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 11:30 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I would think that a mother would find this type of behavior from Rep. Walsh to be despicable.

But since he is a tea party member it's ok.
No one said its ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 11:34 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,412,481 times
Quote:
I would think that a mother would find this type of behavior from Rep. Walsh to be despicable.

But since he is a tea party member it's ok.
I have no children. You know what they say about people who make assumptions, right? Even if I did, I would want to see the facts before judging anyone a deadbeat dad. I know a man who has an ex wife who was is a gambler and alcoholic. The father, who stopped giving the money to the mother, at the children's request (15 and 16 years old) would give the money directly to the children. She took him to court after the kids were 18 and sued him for back child support. The children testified on his behalf but he had no receipts. He has his wages garnished for back child support even though the children are out of the home. She is gambling and drinking his money away.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:53 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,760,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I have no children. You know what they say about people who make assumptions, right? Even if I did, I would want to see the facts before judging anyone a deadbeat dad. I know a man who has an ex wife who was is a gambler and alcoholic. The father, who stopped giving the money to the mother, at the children's request (15 and 16 years old) would give the money directly to the children. She took him to court after the kids were 18 and sued him for back child support. The children testified on his behalf but he had no receipts. He has his wages garnished for back child support even though the children are out of the home. She is gambling and drinking his money away.
Ok, sure, some moms are flakes. But that is a bit of a stretch.

My dad did it to my mom, and it was not cool. He was a democrat at the time. In fact, his whole working life (he is a retired school teacher, and suddenly a Tea Partier, go figure). Pimping out on child support is a big deal in my book. And that is a bipartisan view. And lying about it, isn't very flattering either. And I would say the same about a democrat.

For what it is worth, I don't think Clinton should have been impeached for his asinine behavior, but I would never have voted for him again. I think honoring your marriage and family is a big, big deal. And I am an semi-agnostic liberal.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:55 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
New tea party slogan "I want my child support back"

Thoughts?

Old 08-09-2011, 11:58 PM

587 posts, read 1,134,910 times
Quote:
"Yet, even if Walsh owes just $10,000 in unpaid child support, he could face the added headache of House Ethics Committee scrutiny.

"Rep. Walsh is required both by law and by congressional ethics rules to list debts in excess of $10,000 on his financial disclosure forms, including child support back payments," said Public Citizen's Craig Holman. "

Tea Party-Backed Rep. Walsh Lists No Child Support Debt On Financial Forms | TPMMuckraker
good looking out Savoir Faire on the post.....the TeaQueda patriot Joe Walsh, who was just saying last month about how the country was going to send his kids and grandkids in debt, wont even pay his child support......Im suprised he hasnt been put in jail for owing so much

Old 08-10-2011, 12:02 AM

9,855 posts, read 10,412,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2four View Post
good looking out Savoir Faire on the post.....the TeaQueda patriot Joe Walsh, who was just saying last month about how the country was going to send his kids and grandkids in debt, wont even pay his child support......Im suprised he hasnt been put in jail for owing so much
So you are willing to judge the man guilty without all the facts? How very liberal and tolerant of you. I smell hypocrisy.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:23 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
You can always ignore threads that expose the hypocrisy of the tea party.

Back child support?

Is that it?

He hasn't even been found guilty and you're wettin your pants.

Have you ever researched the crimes for which politicians in America are actually convicted and sent to prison?

This stuff makes the Mafia blush.

THE CRIMINALS IN CONGRESS

Old 08-10-2011, 12:29 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,760,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Back child support?

Is that it?

He hasn't even been found guilty and you're wettin your pants.

Have you ever researched the crimes for which politicians in America are actually convicted and sent to prison?

This stuff makes the Mafia blush.

THE CRIMINALS IN CONGRESS
Haha! Criminality, now that is bipartisan!

What is up with Jesse Helms sending all those cards to intimidate black voters, admitting guilt, and NOT GETTING PROSECUTED!

Agreed,they make the child support dude look pretty tame.

Anyhow, great link.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:32 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No one said its ok.

Agreed.

If true, this irresponsible behavior is not only unacceptable, it's criminal and he should resign his seat.

Right now, it's a he said she said and nothing more.

The funny part is the lengths liberals are going to dig up dirt on their opponents. With no accomplishments to run on in 2012, I can almost taste the desperation in the air. What a hoot!

Old 08-10-2011, 01:07 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,600,002 times
Quote:
New tea party slogan "I want my child support back"

Thoughts?
Grover Norquist will proclaim that child support is a form of taxation and thus has to be eliminated so that "job creators" can hold on to their wealth?

Walsh as a former rock star and party animal probably snorted his money away, and I'll give him a pass because of his guitar playing skills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies