Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 02:02 PM

800 posts, read 781,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Slogans like "yes we can" "hope and change". Like those mindless slogans?

Any political campaign is going have slogans. Before anyone calls me an atheist, I am a mainline Protestant who truly believes, but the amount of polarization in our country has risen with the rise of fundmamentalism both religous on the right and exceedingly liberal on the left.

There are no longer civil debates in politics, just awkward yelling matches with each side with its head in the sand refusing to take into account anything the other side is saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 02:03 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Kauss really has me thinking about Obama's brainpower. The simplisitic slogans you repeat have real power for Obama, and he simply can't see past them. Think of his oratory in the past weeks, Has he said anything different than he has said over the past 2.5 years? You would think he would change course or at least change his talking points. Do you think he has the ability to recognize there is a problem with his policies? I am starting to believe he thinks the problem is with us, I think he believes we aren't smart enough to see that he is right.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:04 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIU29 View Post
Any political campaign is going have slogans. Before anyone calls me an atheist, I am a mainline Protestant who truly believes, but the amount of polarization in our country has risen with the rise of fundmamentalism both religous on the right and exceedingly liberal on the left.

There are no longer civil debates in politics, just awkward yelling matches with each side with its head in the sand refusing to take into account anything the other side is saying.
people seem unable to agree on simple facts.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:07 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
The solutions are constantly presented by the anti-intellectuals: pass the defense of marriage act, ban the building of mosques, put up the 10 commandments in public places, ban sex education in schools, and doggone it, stop the war on christmas!
Solutions constantly presented by the so called intellectual Marxists:

Tax the rich, tax the rich, tax the rich, steal the wealth, redistribute the wealth, tax, tax, tax, tax some more, chase our jobs away, keep the borders wide open, give illegals everything they want for free, don't prosecute illegals that break laws, spend, spend, spend some more, cause racial and class divisions, tax, tax, tax, spend, spend, spend, don't pass a budget, tax, tax, spend some more, give wallstreet money, shaft the tax payers, shaft the bond holders, give foreign banks more money, print money, print money, print money, cause the UE rate to go higher, pander to Islam, let terrorist out of jail, call everyday Americans terrorists, ignore the real terrorists, don't dare say Islamic extremism, bash Christianity and last but not least, have nice things to say about Che and Mao then hang a Mao Christmas ornament on the WH tree. Did I forget anything? I'm sure I did.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:07 PM

800 posts, read 781,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Kauss really has me thinking about Obama's brainpower. The simplisitic slogans you repeat have real power for Obama, and he simply can't see past them. Think of his oratory in the past weeks, Has he said anything different than he has said over the past 2.5 years? You would think he would change course or at least change his talking points. Do you think he has the ability to recognize there is a problem with his policies? I am starting to believe he thinks the problem is with us, I think he believes we aren't smart enough to see that he is right.

This has nothing to do with Obama, nice try though. I'm really tired of hearing about him. Yes I do not think he is a good president, however, that point has already been made. This has nothing to do with the thread topic.

There are plenty of other rambling threads discussing these topics you can post in, I'm trying to keep this thread from becoming one of them.

I don't agree with Dems but I do believe in debate, and the fact I do not beleive in their stances does not make them meritless.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:08 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
An inherent weakness in the Conservative Movement is that most of their talking points don't hold up under logical, historical, or intellectual scrutiny.
Of course they don't. What they have are leaders, figureheads and moneyed benefactors spreading purposefully disingenuous ideas and information through their propaganda outlets like Fox News, for the sole purpose of deluding people into behaving in ways that don't really benefit them at all.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:

I guess you just don't know what is really going on. What do you think Obama meant when he said he wanted to fundamentally transform the United States of America?

Old 08-11-2011, 02:10 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
Quote:
Yes. Those are stupid too. That was your point right?

Old 08-11-2011, 02:11 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
This has nothing to do with Obama, nice try though. I'm really tired of hearing about him. Yes I do not think he is a good president, however, that point has already been made. This has nothing to do with the thread topic.

There are plenty of other rambling threads discussing these topics you can post in, I'm trying to keep this thread from becoming one of them.

I don't agree with Dems but I do believe in debate, and the fact I do not beleive in their stances does not make them meritless.

As I pointed out to the other poster, this isn't a serious thread. I am attempting to make it one. I think Obama's lack of intellectual firepower is worth discussion.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:

You just haven't woken up yet to what is really happening right under your nose. When you have two diabolically opposed ideologies, one is rooted in Marxism and the other in Conservatism, what is there to debate about and compromise on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies