Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 05:06 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,148,408 times

Advertisements

A small excerpt. Very good stuff.

But now bankruptcy looms, and Congress threatens to cut social spending to pay for the wars. There is no longer enough money is a divided nation to buy everyone off. Whites will not revolt, not violently, but blacks will. I don't think the faculty lounges understand how much anger there is among whites. I'm sorry, Ms. Couric, but it is not just twelve louts in the KKK and a few militias in Idaho that are very pissed at blacks. It is pretty much the blue-collar world, the cops, the firemen, and most (I really think) educated conservatives. Plus a whole lot of journalists who keep their mouths carefully shut.

Read the rest here..... Fred On Everything

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 05:11 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,652,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post

But now bankruptcy looms, and Congress threatens to cut social spending to pay for the wars. There is no longer enough money is a divided nation to buy everyone off. Whites will not revolt, not violently, but blacks will. I don't think the faculty lounges understand how much anger there is among whites. I'm sorry, Ms. Couric, but it is not just twelve louts in the KKK and a few militias in Idaho that are very pissed at blacks. It is pretty much the blue-collar world, the cops, the firemen, and most (I really think) educated conservatives. Plus a whole lot of journalists who keep their mouths carefully shut.

20yrsinBranson
Branson, this is trash. The fictional inner city "black" the guy imagines probably does exist, but he is not at all representative of the nation's black population.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:17 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,864,528 times
I did like this part:

Quote:
Now, intellectuals and quasis of the salon classes, few of whom have the slightest familiarity with kids from Detroit, prattle of oppression and opportunity and social this and social that, and blame blacks, or whites, or God, or sunspots—but chiefly, each other. Racial discourse in America usually consists of liberals and conservatives battling each other, neither having much interest in blacks. Both offer solutions of which the kid is perfectly incapable. Liberals believe that with enough federal uplift and and warm-and-fuzziness he will have better self-esteem and begin to study and prosper—which for a variety of reasons he hasn't, isn't, and won't. Conservatives think that if he only worked hard and read the Founding Fathers, he would rise like Rockefeller, which he can't and won't.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:18 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,905,095 times
Quote:

20yrsinBranson
Poor people do not lead revolutions. They may engage in acts of civil rebellion as they are in England and have at various times in the USA and they certainly do engage in acts of crime but do so mostly against their fellow poor citizens in the neighborhoods in which they are warehoused. However the establishment does not worry about these people. They are easily pacified with television, liquor and illegal drugs. They are not a threat to the establishment or to society in general. Many of them have never even been "downtown". Revolutions are led by middle class people. Even revolutions of "the poor" are led by educated middle class people (Martin L King, Malcom Shabazz). The establishment makes sure the poor remain pacified with small amounts of cash (welfare), food (snap), TV and liquor. And well paid preachers that do the bidding of the establishment in that community.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:33 PM

515 posts, read 717,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Branson, this is trash. The fictional inner city "black" the guy imagines probably does exist, but he is not at all representative of the nation's black population.
Oh, really? Then just who is committing all the violent inner city crime?

Just who is it that shows their extreme racism by holding hostage vast swathes of our cities by their thuggish behavior?

Just who is it who fouls every neighborhood they move into and then have the nerve to blame the conditions on "white flight"?

Ask any one of the hundreds of thousands us who are victims of their murderous ways if this "fictional guy" is not representative of blacks...you sure won't like the answer.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:10 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,748,463 times
Quote:

20yrsinBranson
i've read a few of this guy's articles over the years. i can't say i agree with his world view.

as far as i can tell he's a west virginian redneck who grew up in alabama, who lives in Mexico and has only a vague idea of what is going on in the world.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:14 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
The present roits are a result of years of depemdency on governamnt has almost parents. Once you get use to being subsidised its hard to kick the habit. but i thsi competitive world its that or third world coming fast.Evry nations needs people who contribute not dependents of a few contributors. that lowewr th aaGDP to being created by few and isn't good as at some point those contributors decide to leave with their wealth.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:19 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,204,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemy View Post
Oh, really? Then just who is committing all the violent inner city crime?

Just who is it that shows their extreme racism by holding hostage vast swathes of our cities by their thuggish behavior?

Just who is it who fouls every neighborhood they move into and then have the nerve to blame the conditions on "white flight"?

Ask any one of the hundreds of thousands us who are victims of their murderous ways if this "fictional guy" is not representative of blacks...you sure won't like the answer.
well i guess i have to become a thug now

Old 08-11-2011, 06:24 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,477,180 times
this thread is a shame and you guys know it. Fyi the rioters in the uk are spread nicely over the racial spectrum. The article is full of it and the people cosigning should know better.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:48 AM

1,348 posts, read 2,859,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Probably not the majority, but a very large minority and that's a scary reality.

Unfortunately, I know from first hand experience. I think bringing in the Black underclass into the American mainstream will be one of the nation's greatest challenges. I also see a widening gap between the Black elites and middle class who are upwardly mobile and this underclass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies