Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 11:06 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,911,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Disgusting governmental invasion of privacy. A step backwards towards treating women as chattel again.
Yeh because sucking a human being out of a uterus is really treating women with respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 11:06 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,162,366 times
I personally don't see anything wrong with those requirements. It did nothing to restrict women's freedom, while educating them in the process.

Planned Parenthood's decision to stop abortions in those clinics is proof that it views "abortion for any reason and without pause" as the only noble way to approach the issue. Americans with morals disagree with that approach. Thank goodness the good state of Arizona was able to achieve this milestone.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:07 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,175,754 times
How can any of the below, be a problem?

1. Arizona will require a notarized parental signature before an abortion can be performed on a minor child.

2. Women will be provided with full and accurate information by a doctor in person at least 24 hours before an abortion.

3.Medical professionals cannot be forced to perform abortions if it contradicts their sincerely held religious or moral beliefs.

4. Non-doctors will not be permitted by law to perform surgical abortions.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:10 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,969,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I don't want abortions to occur but I can't stop them.

I definitely don't want to pay for them through government subsidies.
I don't want to PAY for a lot of things the goverment uses my money for, your point is?
Casper

Old 08-19-2011, 11:10 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,162,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
How can any of the below, be a problem?

1. Arizona will require a notarized parental signature before an abortion can be performed on a minor child.

2. Women will be provided with full and accurate information by a doctor in person at least 24 hours before an abortion.

3.Medical professionals cannot be forced to perform abortions if it contradicts their sincerely held religious or moral beliefs.

4. Non-doctors will not be permitted by law to perform surgical abortions.
My thoughts exactly.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:11 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,868,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I don't want to PAY for a lot of things the goverment uses my money for, your point is?
Casper
So are you willing to shut up and never complain about it?

Old 08-19-2011, 11:12 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,911,822 times
Quote:
Casper
Our point is. We don't want to pay for abortions so we're going to kick and scream until it's stopped. Pay to kill your own children please.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Our point is. We don't want to pay for abortions so we're going to kick and scream until it's stopped. Pay to kill your own children please.
The House killed funding so you an stop whining about it now.
Question what does paying for it or not have to do with the rules AZ put into place, none have anything to do with funding, hmmmmm?
Let's cut to the point here, the right-to-life movement has one ultimate goal, which is NO aortions under ANY circumstances and NO birth control, period. Do not deny it I have seen both stated point blank on their own website.
Casper

Old 08-19-2011, 12:34 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,299,259 times
Quote:
The House killed funding so you an stop whining about it now.
Question what does paying for it or not have to do with the rules AZ put into place, none have anything to do with funding, hmmmmm?
Let's cut to the point here, the right-to-life movement has one ultimate goal, which is NO aortions under ANY circumstances and NO birth control, period. Do not deny it I have seen both stated point blank on their own website.
Casper
Arizona's hoping to have the nation's highest teen pregnancy rate. We're only #2 right now, you know.

Top 10 States With Highest Teenage Pregnancy and Birth Rates

Old 08-19-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Arizona's hoping to have the nation's highest teen pregnancy rate. We're only #2 right now, you know.

Top 10 States With Highest Teenage Pregnancy and Birth Rates
Which will end up on welfare, since we know they hate funding education also, which gives the right something else to whine on and on about, a vicious cycle.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies