Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 12:02 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,325,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
By definition, homosexuality is abnormal. Whether you believe it is right or wrong is another story, but to deny that it is abnormal is disingenuous.
By definition being a mommy is abnormal.

Most humans will never be mothers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 12:09 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,565,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Are you serious? "Pretty Little Liars" and "Glee" are very popular with tweens and teens. "Glee" lunchboxes, backpacks and notebooks can be found anywhere back to school supplies are sold. The White House had the cast of "Glee" perform at the annual White House Easter Egg Hunt. "Glee" is reported to be a favorite show of the FLOTUS and her daughters. You can find glossy magazines in your grocery store, with articles telling of the male casts' favorite "man dates." Some public schools even have "Glee" sponsored talent contests. Like it or not, these shows are being watched by our children and homosexuality is being romanticized and normalized.
Glee is not on ABC its on Fox.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:21 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,110,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Wrong. When we're talking about "normal" human behavior, homosexual activity is completely normal. No, it's not what the majority of people do, but that does not mean it's abnormal. Being left-handed or having blue eyes puts a person in the minority too, but we wouldn't call that person abnormal for having those characteristics.
Yes it does, and yes, having blue eyes and being left handed is abnormal. You're wrong on all three accounts.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:22 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,110,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post

Gotta link to support that? If so, I agree with your statement.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:34 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,480,239 times
Quote:
As does liberal fascism.

Disagree with Obama; you're a racist.
Disagree on abortion; you're anti-woman.
Believe marriage should remain between one man and one woman; you're a bigot and a homophobe.

Rules for Radicals, ladies and gentleman. Rules for Radicals.
You're really desperate here, not even making sense.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:53 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,699,815 times
Quote:
Yes it does, and yes, having blue eyes and being left handed is abnormal. You're wrong on all three accounts.
LOL. Okay, whatever you say.

It's clear that some people just hate everything associated with gays, whether it's gay pride events, rainbow flags, or the television show "Glee". I'm glad I'm not like them.

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 08-22-2011 at 01:22 AM..

Old 08-22-2011, 01:34 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,223,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Wrong. When we're talking about "normal" human behavior, homosexual activity is completely normal. No, it's not what the majority of people do, but that does not mean it's abnormal. Being left-handed or having blue eyes puts a person in the minority too, but we wouldn't call that person abnormal for having those characteristics.
In almost all mammals, Homosexuality is a defect. I will also say that homosexuality is a defect in humans as well. There is no evolutionary benefit to full homosexuality.

But, to understand why homosexuality and bisexuality exists to such large degrees in humans. The easiest way to understand it is to look at our most closely-related mammalian cousin, the Bonobo.

Bonobo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Homosexual behavior in animals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Bonobo is largely bisexual. The primary reason for this is "social bonding" and conflict resolution(make-up sex). The bonobos live in large tribes with each other, the cross-sex relations plays a role in tying the bonobo community together.

In my view, bisexuality is largely caused by evolutionary pressures for tying together human tribes in the same way as Bonobos. Bisexuality is much more common than people might believe, because most bisexual persons choose to "be straight"(airports restrooms anyone?). I do not believe that pure homosexuality serves any real purpose in evolution, it seems to mostly be a result of improper hormone levels. So, homosexuality itself is undesirable, defective, and inferior.

Homosexuality seems to be more a consequence of imperfect human bisexuality. Of course, if bisexuality is to some extent selectively desirable, then same-sex acts themselves would have to be deemed "normal". Which seriously confuses the whole situation.

When we look at civilization and religion(the primary opponent of homosexuality), we have to understand that religion is largely the consequence of civilization itself. Religion is a reflection of the morality necessary to organize a society beyond the simple human "tribe". Homosexuality was once the enemy of civilization, because it depressed reproductive rates, as well as created other types of organizational and moral dilemmas(we no longer really live like a tribe). Homosexuality has been inferior throughout most of human civilization, which is why is has been shunned by every major religion throughout human history.

Even in the current state of civilization, where overpopulation is a potential threat. Homosexuality and bisexuality are not beneficial from a social point-of-view, because we do not live in large tribes. We mostly live in small "nuclear families" of two parents and the children. In that type of family, a opposite-gender parental structure is optimal for child development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post

That is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen written. Only females can become "mommies", and most females will become "mommies" btw. Most males will become "fathers". Because these two things are the only truly meaningful things humans can do, evolutionarily speaking. If humans stop procreating, they disappear. Homosexuals cannot procreate.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:43 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,220,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
people are ignoring these type of shows, never even herd of those shows. maybe of the 4% that watch them 55% like them. that maybe possible!!!
I will certainly not watch any TV program that presents homosexuals as "normal" and acceptable members of society, and I will not buy the advertiser's products.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:49 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,924,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
In almost all mammals, Homosexuality is a defect. I will also say that homosexuality is a defect in humans as well. There is no evolutionary benefit to full homosexuality.

But, to understand why homosexuality and bisexuality exists to such large degrees in humans. The easiest way to understand it is to look at our most closely-related mammalian cousin, the Bonobo.

Bonobo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Homosexual behavior in animals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Bonobo is largely bisexual. The primary reason for this is "social bonding" and conflict resolution(make-up sex). The bonobos live in large tribes with each other, the cross-sex relations plays a role in tying the bonobo community together.

In my view, bisexuality is largely caused by evolutionary pressures for tying together human tribes in the same way as Bonobos. Bisexuality is much more common than people might believe, because most bisexual persons choose to "be straight"(airports restrooms anyone?). I do not believe that pure homosexuality serves any real purpose in evolution, it seems to mostly be a result of improper hormone levels. So, homosexuality itself is undesirable, defective, and inferior.

Homosexuality seems to be more a consequence of imperfect human bisexuality. Of course, if bisexuality is to some extent selectively desirable, then same-sex acts themselves would have to be deemed "normal". Which seriously confuses the whole situation.

When we look at civilization and religion(the primary opponent of homosexuality), we have to understand that religion is largely the consequence of civilization itself. Religion is a reflection of the morality necessary to organize a society beyond the simple human "tribe". Homosexuality was once the enemy of civilization, because it depressed reproductive rates, as well as created other types of organizational and moral dilemmas(we no longer really live like a tribe). Homosexuality has been inferior throughout most of human civilization, which is why is has been shunned by every major religion throughout human history.

Even in the current state of civilization, where overpopulation is a potential threat. Homosexuality and bisexuality are not beneficial from a social point-of-view, because we do not live in large tribes. We mostly live in small "nuclear families" of two parents and the children. In that type of family, a opposite-gender parental structure is optimal for child development.

That is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen written. Only females can become "mommies", and most females will become "mommies" btw. Most males will become "fathers". Because these two things are the only truly meaningful things humans can do, evolutionarily speaking. If humans stop procreating, they disappear. Homosexuals cannot procreate.
interesting assessment...I too agree with some of what you said.. I think bisexuality is much more prevailent in human sexuality than most would like to admit or acknowledge. In fact I would go so far as to say 50 percent of the population is bisexual on some level. But to say that homosexuality plays no valuable role in society is a bit wrong. True that homosexuality doesn't make sense in the promotion of civilization for growth numbers because homosexuality does not provide offspring. BUT to start saying something is inferior because YOU don't see any necessary reason for it's existance given the evolution of society and civilization doesn't make it factually inferior.
I would argue that bisexuality exists in human beings naturally for what you've spoke of regarding tribal structures, but I would have to say homosexuality is a biological evolutionary trait directly related to the rise of civilization and society, especially considering the levels of overpopulation. Humans are NOT the only species to enhabit this planet. Everything is a delicate balance. Every way we as humans restructure ourselves socially there is a direct and opposite reaction biologically. Evolution occurs from direct changes in our surroundings to adapt and survive individually and as a species in regards to the careful balanced limits of this globe. I would say nuclear families and civilizational structures of our current structure are more unnatural than homosexuality is. homosexuality is yang to the successfullness of our civilized structure's yin.
Interesting nonetheless
something doesn't exist biologically for no reason or explaination... we just haven't discovered why and how.. because somethimes it's hard to analyze yourself especially with the narcisistic nature of human beings in being at the top of the food chain. and sometimes when we analyze ourselves we don't like what we find.

Old 08-22-2011, 04:17 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,400,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Tired and worn out gay bullcrap.... I rather they not force there opinions on me. Be gay and shut up, nobody cares if you are or not.
Tired and worn out anti-gay bullcrap.... I rather they not force there {sic} opinions on me. Be anti-gay and shut up, nobody cares if you are or not.

Works both ways.

Last edited by Ceist; 08-22-2011 at 04:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies