Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 04:49 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I will certainly not watch any TV program that presents homosexuals as "normal" and acceptable members of society, and I will not buy the advertiser's products.
That works out nicely because I will certainly not watch any TV program that presents homosexuals as "abnormal" and unacceptable members of society, and I will not buy the advertiser's products.

So the anti-gay folks get your business and the gay-is-OK folks get mine. I guess they both win in the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 06:17 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,904,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
You haven't heard about the "homothreat"?!?!?

Over the last several months "mobs" of frisky young gay males have been breaking into homes and swapping out the music collections with show tunes. Others, more brazen, have redecorated small condos in a matter of hours!!!

Don't let the "homothreat" change your color pallet or convince your children that show tunes are "normal." Be vigilant in this fight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Ah yes, the Pastel Mafia.
Ah, it all becomes clear to me now! I was wondering who those young men were, skulking around my clothes closet and trying to make me look fabulous! They must be the "homofascists!" Heaven help us with the threat of well put-together outfits!

Old 08-22-2011, 06:23 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,904,404 times
Technically speaking, the posters saying left-handedness, having green eyes, high IQ, and homosexuality are statistically abnormal are correct. The problem is that statistically "abnormal" does not hold the same negative connotation that colloquial "abnormal" does.

When I do research and find something abnormal, I just mean it occurs in a minority of the population. I am hard-pressed to believe that some of the posters going on about homosexuality being abnormal are primarily concerned with its statistical likelihood. Do those same posters disagree with left-handedness, high IQ, etc., and refer to them as (statistically) abnormal?

Old 08-22-2011, 07:31 AM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
How does someone "force" his or her opinion on someone? Unless you're a child, I don't see how that's possible. Are you saying that gays shouldn't be allowed to express their opinions? You're free to have your own opinions, but so is everybody else.

Much like religion, I see your point now

Old 08-22-2011, 07:42 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
I don't have a problem with the gay/ lesbian community. I do however have a problem with the crap that's on tv, like all the double entendre's, the profanity, and the constant brainwashing by the talking heads of MSM. That's why I shut off my satellite service every January thru June. Except this year I decided to cancel it completely. I'm freeeeee.

Its called the "boob tube" for a reason, ya know.
Area Man Constantly Mentioning He Doesn't Own A Television | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Old 08-22-2011, 07:45 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
To disagree is not to hate. You're promoting Neo Prog propaganda.
Getting all handwring-y and up in arms when gay people are shown as normal, civilized human beings with real emotions and feelings is not "disagreeing", either.

And if thinking that people are all equally important and valuable regardless of who they are attracted to is "neo prog" then sign me up.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:57 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
LOL. Okay, whatever you say.

It's clear that some people just hate everything associated with gays, whether it's gay pride events, rainbow flags, or the television show "Glee". I'm glad I'm not like them.
Don't forget the teletubies and the pillsbury dough boy.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:06 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I prefer violence on TV...now that is normal!!

Yes, violence on TV would be preferred by me, instead of the PC force-fed garbage!

Old 08-22-2011, 11:13 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Not quite getting this, considering Gays comprise 2- 4% (or 10% if you really want to stretch it) of the population, why would 55% of TV shows present Gay themes??? Do you know what your children are watching???
Well. Consider how many characters make up an individual show over the course of a broadcasted season. If producers wanted to follow statistics, then for every 100 characters, 2-4 of them would be "not-heterosexual". So it makes sense that a large number of shows would have homosexual and/or bisexual characters.

Now, if 55% of the characters were gay, then I could see your point... unless the programming was on the LGBT network.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:17 AM

18,390 posts, read 19,023,642 times
don't like whats on tv, change the channel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies