Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 03:40 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Until the joke is about them.
That's the point...the jokes coming from the other side are not very good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 03:42 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,927 times
Quote:
one may reasonably define liberalism (as opposed to conservatism) in the contemporary United States as the genuine concern for the welfare of genetically unrelated others and the willingness to contribute larger proportions of private resources for the welfare of such others.
Then why do conservatives donate more to charity than the "genuinely concerned" liberals?

Old 08-24-2011, 03:45 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I do know that a good sense of humor is a sign of intelligence to a degree and quite honestly, Liberals do tend to have a much better sense of humor.
Making wild generalizations isn't inteligent, it is simply plain... well... stupid. I mean, a freshman is required to take intro to logic which should have explained such aspects, but then... maybe not. I mean, in my CA education, they had the option of taking classes like "Eastern Philosophy" which should have introduced them to logical arguments, but... well... it depended on the instructor. I took both courses as a freshman, dropped out on one semester due to the fact that the professor didn't teach any logic, just ranted on about Christians, then I got another professor for it who was a breath of fresh air and taught a 1/3 of the semester on the basis of logical arguments and how they related to philosophical position.

So I can see how some got through college not knowing what logic really was. /shrug

Old 08-24-2011, 03:45 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times
Quote:
Touche...

Old 08-24-2011, 03:48 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
I don't know about that, I have been laughing at the predictable replies, except one or two actually well thought out posts, that I knew would come about once I read the title and article. Looks like some here need to find that same sense of humor they speak of others not having
Casper

Last edited by Casper in Dallas; 08-24-2011 at 03:59 PM..

Old 08-24-2011, 03:51 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times
Quote:
Reminds me of SNL when they started doing parodies of inside beliefs of liberals. I mean, a parody is supposed to be a exaggeration or extension beyond reason of that of reality. When I started to see slander which was then portrayed as truth and then continued on to an extent of parody, I simply saw it as nothing more than a bunch of circle jerk idiots going on about some stupid inside truth they believed and joked about which was far from any reality.

But hey, it made the liberals giggle and go on between themselves... Never mind that their ratings went into the tank during those times. It must of have been those stupid conservatives! /boggle

Old 08-24-2011, 03:51 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,984 times
This article is pure crap. So is the chart they used. Are Liberals More Intelligent than Conservatives? Another Broken Study Says It Is So | Iron Shrink

Old 08-24-2011, 03:53 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Here's the article that shows studies about why liberals are more intelligent than conservatives:
Why Liberals Are More Intelligent Than Conservatives | Psychology Today
I like the liked article right below it: "Why no conservative should trust my profession."

Quote:
Scholastic intelligence does not necessarily equate to common sense.
I agree. Funny enough, the link in the OP's post didn't offer how the study measured liberal and conservative intelligence.

Old 08-24-2011, 03:57 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Wow, so you don't even verify the work to which you immediately latch on to because it fits with your generalized stereotype and the go on to emblish it in your post. Very intelligent.

And EE, quite accomplished that you work with so much logical structure and yet fail to apply it in your own reasoning. Odd... EE you say? hmmm....

Oh and a 148, oh my... that might impress me if I knew the scale, but then... well... I am a bit suspect of you in the first place.

I am sure you are super smart, you know, the high end of the spectrum, that which makes MENSA seem like simpletons, but hey... this is the internet, so... well... who is to know right?

/boggle
Still up in arms are ya, you do know I do not actually care one cent whether you believe or do not believe anything I post, I spoke the truth that is all that matters to me.
Relax buckaroo, I was just having a little fun, heck I didn't even post that much concerning the topic, and you went right off the deep end. Maybe you should step back and take a few deep breaths and realize this board is not that serious, nothing we say here will make the slightest difference in the real world, you do realize that, don't you?
FYI, try leaving the childish insults behind, you will find people do not equate high intelligence with childish behavior, just a word to the wise, eh.
Casper

Old 08-24-2011, 04:00 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I don't know about that, I have been laughing at the predictable replies, except one or two actually well thought out posts, that I knew would come about once I read the title and article. Looks like some here need to find that same sense of humor they speak of others not having
Casper
Yet you took my post seriously.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies