Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 11:04 PM

26,579 posts, read 14,484,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Does this thread mean DraggingKnuckles has finally given up on the "natural born citizen" baloney?
his/her threads got locked earlier today. i'm sure we'll hear more when orly hits court mid september ( if not before ).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 11:09 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,157,518 times
This just confirms to me that Harvard is more like a colony than it is a school. In a colony, everyone has their own forte where they pitch in something for the preservation of the colony, no matter whether it's worthy of mention or not. We found Barry's place in that colony. "Hey...you go write a newsletter. It doesn't have to be perfect. That's not the point. It's something to keep you busy. Oh, and since you're a black Affirmative Action student, it will make your resume look good. "

Old 08-29-2011, 11:22 PM

38,651 posts, read 26,426,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Oh, please. He was a college student who made a few syntax errors. The other "errors" that the author cites aren't errors at all, they are stylistic preferences. What can be seen from the few excerpts is that President Obama had an extensive vocabulary, and a tendency to a pompous debate style which elite institutions like Harvard often reinforce.

I wonder how many other Harvard students have problems with subject-verb agreement?

How fundamental is that?

What a shame those students who worked their ***** off to gain admittance to such a prestigious school have to suffer the embarrassment of being associated with Barrack Obama.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
A-HEM! Hate to bring this up, but I know how Dubbyah got into Yale (Legacy). What I don't understand is how he got out with a degree. The guy can't string a four-word sentence together without making at least three serious grammatical errors.

Do you have something he wrote in college?

Old 08-29-2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Thanks. "American Thinker", I get questioned for "Media Matters" and yet this and "The National Enquirer" are reputable sources? Please!

The National Enquirer will tell the truth when convenient to do so. MM lies even when the story stands without it.

Did you happen to have an example of a questionable article from AT, or did you just want to drag their name in the dirt?

Old 08-30-2011, 12:03 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,705,849 times
Good lord.

I'll give my response in the form of short video:

Rarely is the question asked... - YouTube

Old 08-30-2011, 04:42 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,380,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Do you have something he wrote in college?
None of it is accessible. Yale probably incinerated anything he wrote to avoid embarrassment. Didn't he say something about having been a cokehead until he was 28 anyway?

Old 08-30-2011, 05:21 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,347,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
It isn't important but I'm curious why Michelle Obama "voluntarily surrendered" her law license a mere 5 years after receiving it. Her Wikipedia page says it was "no longer necessary for the work she was doing". BS. A "voluntary surrender" means either you give it up or it will be taken away from you. (Like how we "voluntarily surrender" money to the IRS.) If a license isn't needed you let it expire, you don't voluntarily surrender it.
Which only shows how much you don't know. Read and educate yourself...

snopes.com: Barack and Michelle Obama's Law Licenses

Old 08-30-2011, 05:22 AM

37,963 posts, read 17,911,045 times
Who cares. "Intelligent" people are the ones who drove the economy into the ground. It's about policy.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:27 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,347,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Here's the letter from the original source if anybody cares to read it:

Record Retrospective: Obama on affirmative action - Election 2008 - The Harvard Law Record - Harvard University Law School (http://www.hlrecord.org/2.4475/record-retrospective-obama-on-affirmative-action-1.577511?pagereq=1 - broken link)
Thanks for posting this. If the RWNJs take the time to read it, their fears about our Prsident's inability to express himself 20 years ago will most certainly be put to rest. That is, of course, if they can even understand what he wrote - complex sentences and big words can be so confusing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies