Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2011, 09:25 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Lol another failure at science. Gravity has not been proven. Proof does not exist in science. Gravity is far less understood than evolution.

Just because you don't understand evolution doesn't mean it isn't well supported. Antibiotics are one example of "proven" evolution that you take for granted, because you'll no doubt claim it's "microevolution".

This thread is perfect evidence of the failure of the American education system, and why our giant stupid population is such an embarrassment to the rest of the civilized world.
So you are giant, stupid and embarrassed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
So you are calling followers of all religions - including your own - arrogant? Afterall, they all claim to have the answers.
If they claim they have all the answers, which no religion does, then yes.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:30 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,376,187 times
You want to see failure of the American educational system? Particularly when it comes to science?
Here ya go, in case you haven't seen this one.
Woman doesn't know about light refraction - YouTube

Old 08-29-2011, 09:31 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
You cannot argue with FAITH. FAITH is as strong as the believer. FAITH does NOT need to be REAL.

Science is based on observation and experiment. Knowledge derived from scientific investigation does not require faith and never has. It only requires repeatable observation of actual phenomena.

The Republican Party has duped the FAITHFUL into believing the Democratic Party is composed of the FAITHLESS scientific elite that have no care for the TRUE BELIEVERS. This is one of the most successful advertizing campaigns ever. It is also completely false.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:33 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
If they claim they have all the answers, which no religion does, then yes.
I think most religions are quite serious about their claims. History has shown, they are willing to kill for it. They all must be quite arrogant.

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Where did it all come from?
A super atom.

Quote:
pre big bang.
That's the $million$ question.

Quote:
That material had to come from somewhere.
That material only needed to consist of one type of atom.

Quote:
The elements are the building blocks of life.
Those are born out of supernovae.

Quote:
Was it pure luck that these elements were arranged in just the perfect order?
No, but they certainly assimilate in strange chemical orders as they condense down as they become less and less useful over the life of the universe.

Quote:
These are questions that have no known answers.
Sure they do, and they can be answered in a very large combination of ones and zeros.

Quote:
You can't have one without the other.
That's true. It does take a philosophical mind to move past the here and now and seek answers about everything universe. Even Einstein said he wanted to know what god thinks. He may not have believed in anything supernatural but he certainly thought there was a perfect order of some sort.

Quantum Theory was very troubling to him.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 08-29-2011 at 10:04 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
This was once said about smoking causing cancer. Now we know better.
So you agree that we currently do not know.

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
apparently I am not typing correctly for you to understand

I do belive in evolution...but I have YET to see any PROOF of it
There is no such thing as proof outside of math.

Quote:
I know we evolve..I do genealogy as a hobby

but as I have said many, many times in this..SHOW ME THE SOCIETIES

I can show you clans of privitives in africa....now show me the clans (societies or communities) of the PREDECESORS form eions ago....not SINGULAR fossils

we can show fossils of SOCIETIES from 5500 bc in ancient egypt
...show me the societies (clans) from 20,000 bc...or from 100,000 bc or even 12,000 bc

until you can show me, a society(clan, community, town, pack) of these EVOLUTIONARY MATATIONS. then you got nutt'n
Why would you assume an entire population would be fossilized? Fossilization is a rare process. I'm not exactly sure what you're asking for, and how you think it will suddenly "prove" evolution.

If we look at skull fossils for example, creationists cannot agree on which are ape or human.

If evolution is false, there should be clear undeniable agreement as to which are which, since there would be no such thing as intermediary fossils.

Comparison of all skulls

Old 08-29-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
I think most religions are quite serious about their claims. History has shown, they are willing to kill for it. They all must be quite arrogant.
You are talking about people, not religions.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:37 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Where did it all come from?

pre big bang.
Irrelevant to the topic. Evolution does not deal with Cosmology or origins.

Quote:
That material had to come from somewhere.
Or the universe is in a never ending state of expansion or contraction. I believe in God, but the claim "Goddidit" is not sufficient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies