Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 12:07 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times

Advertisements

Thank the Lord Al Gores carbon exchange went up in flames. There were folks buying up rain forests and the like ready to sell off the "carbon credits" and make billions if it came to fruition.

Look at Europe and see the disaster's of going Green. Now to top it all off your a racist if you don't buy into the scam of all time.

"According to the Science & Public Policy Institute, the U.S. government has spent over $79 billion since 1989 on policies related to climate change, including science and technology research, administration, education campaigns, foreign aid and tax breaks."

Perry Vs. Gore - Investors.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 04:34 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Well I wouldn't get too cozy just yet. That money is now going into agriculture with investors buying up grain elevators and prime farmland. They are cornering the market on raw food ingredients right now and no one is paying attention.

Soros has been buying up loads of flooded farmland and grain elevators.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:37 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,284,533 times
Gore made nearly a billion by duping those wanting to believe his cr@p. Couldn't have taken money from a more deserving group IMO.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:34 PM

201 posts, read 235,831 times
Global Warming science is overwhelming. The theory is the highest level of science other than a law, and there are few laws (see thermodynamics).

Like other theories, including gravity, people will probably profit in a capitalistic society (see airplanes).

You would have to be either a) uneducated and unable to read or b) willfully ignorant not to accept the truth science offers when it comes to man-made global warming (AGW)

Old 08-30-2011, 05:36 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleged return of serfdom View Post
Global Warming science is overwhelming. The theory is the highest level of science other than a law, and there are few laws (see thermodynamics).

Like other theories, including gravity, people will probably profit in a capitalistic society (see airplanes).

You would have to be either a) uneducated and unable to read or b) willfully ignorant not to accept the truth science offers when it comes to man-made global warming (AGW)
Wow, to say something like that and not know a shred of science behind it... oh yeah, that mean 99.9% of the people who believe in that crap... opppss...

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-31-2011 at 06:01 AM..

Old 08-30-2011, 05:42 PM

201 posts, read 235,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Wow, to say something like that and not know a shred of science behind it... oh yeah, that mean 99.9% of the people who believe in that crap... opppss...

Seriously dude. Go read the evidence and see for yourself.

Arguments from Global Warming Skeptics and what the science really says

The brightest minds on the planet agree. The evidence is overwhelming.

I dare you to read 3 peer reviewed papers linked from the site above.

Trust me, I used to make fun of AGW on this very forum years ago (under an old username).

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-31-2011 at 06:02 AM..

Old 08-30-2011, 05:57 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleged return of serfdom View Post
Seriously dude. Go read the evidence and see for yourself.

Arguments from Global Warming Skeptics and what the science really says

The brightest minds on the planet agree. The evidence is overwhelming.

I dare you to read 3 peer reviewed papers linked from the site above.

Trust me, I used to make fun of AGW on this very forum years ago (under an old username).
The brightest minds on the planet? You seem to know who they are because I don't think most people or governments know who they are... so lets get rid of the semantics, shall we? You only need to ask yourself one question.. turn on an oven, turn it higher in heat each hour... does the temperature ever get lower than the previous hour? Look at global warming why is it that 2009 is not hotter than 2008 which isn't hotter than 2007 which isn't hotter than 2006 which isn't hotter than 2005 which isn't hotter 2004... etc. etc... oh that's right, its complicated... man-made global warming needs to take breaks because you can't expect it to work all the time... temperature goes up BEFORE CO2 levels go... lets think about that... temperature heats water, water releases the CO2 into atmosphere... please... make fun of whatever you want... crap science is still crap science... you don't have to be bright to figure out a scam a mile away... what exactly have global warming talking heads demanded? Caps on CO2 levels? Nope.... have they created new technology to replace CO2 emitting technology? Nope... hmmm... what did they do? Oh yeah, they try to make everyone pay THEM for simply being alive... wow, that will help fight CO2 levels... looks like another person got scammed...

Old 08-30-2011, 06:03 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,765,700 times
The only people who believe global warming is a big hoax are the army of stooges who listen to people like Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck daily, and believe they always speak the gospel truth.

It is no point arguing with folks that massage reality to fit into their ideology.

The thing that got my attention is when I read a book called "Under a Green Sky" by Peter Ward. It suggests that 12 of the 14 mass extinctions in the history of the earth occurred due to global warming, and it's effects on the deep seas. When things get warm enough, marine life dies, causing depletion of oceanic oxygen, release of sulfur dioxide gas and extinction of most forms of life. Not pretty, and not at all obvious at first. I don't think we are anywhere near that but it does get one's attention. Of course most of the global warming deniers also refuse to believe the world is over 7,000 years old. Paleontology is a big hoax to them too.

You can't win, or even help such people.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:18 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,058,406 times
Yeah right. Just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean it's false.

Bill Nye Discusses Climate Change With Fox Business Network's Charles Payne (VIDEO)

Bill Nye is a guy who explains science to elementary school children...yet Charles Payne on Fox (the great network leading the charge of global warming denial) states, I **** you not, said he was “confusing some of the viewers”. This is the kind of stupidity I expect from the AGW crowd.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:21 PM

23,992 posts, read 15,091,790 times
IMO, if more folks understood probability and statistics, no one would purchase a lottery ticket or go to Vegas.
All one need do is stand next to a catalytic converter and multiply that heat by every car on earth, to know man is messing with Mother Nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies