Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 06:59 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yea, lets talk fuzzy math....what was it when obama took over? 7.8% (not really sure, but it was less than 8%) THEN it went to 10.2% and THEN down to 9.1%....

Yes, fuzzy math....

It's amazing how we forget the number's before the 10.2% happened...
Good! You finally understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 07:04 AM

397 posts, read 843,190 times
$450 Billion from "millionaires and billionaires" as well as corporations? It will be interesting to see where the money will really come from and when it will come.

What a coward! Obama proposes all of the spending but leaves it to congress or a committee to identify cuts to pay for it.

When would it be paid for? Will it be next year - not likely. Will it be paid for with budget cuts off of current spending OR off of cuts off of future proposed increases? Will it supposedly come under a future congress with no language to make sure that they stick to this agreement? That's how I expect it to work, but we'll see.

Ahhh, what do I care? I am none of those groups that he's talking about taxing - or am I? I'll wait for the definition of "millionaires and billionaires". Somehow I think it will turn out that those terms were an intentional lie once again and that the increases will include lots of families and business owners that are far from either.

Bottom line they should "pass this bill now". We need more stimulating.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:17 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,362,805 times
Obama is nothing but a spending junkie. Like any addict, he assures us that he can kick the habit whenever he wants, if he can just get this one last fix. But that one last fix is never quite enough to do the trick...

Old 09-09-2011, 07:55 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Good! You finally understand.
Ha ha, you cannot even explain it......

No wonder the dems are going to bite it hard next year....

This reminds me of the little game where you take a piece of paper and write on one side "turn over for instructions" and the other side says "turn over for instrucitons."

Fun game, huh bob?

Old 09-09-2011, 08:31 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C View Post
Obama is nothing but a spending junkie. Like any addict, he assures us that he can kick the habit whenever he wants, if he can just get this one last fix. But that one last fix is never quite enough to do the trick...
It's called macro-economics. Since Government Spending is a component of GDP, when government spends GDP rises and that increases jobs. It's just textbook macro-economics -- ECO 101!

Old 09-09-2011, 08:39 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
It's called macro-economics. Since Government Spending is a component of GDP, when government spends GDP rises and that increases jobs. It's just textbook macro-economics -- ECO 101!
Well, if you're going to lecture on economics, then you know our economy is a series of troughs and peaks. We are currently in a much deeper trough than we have seen in recent times. Do you really think an anemic 1.2% growth is going to get us out of this trough? Increased government spending and stifling private industry through regulations does not create the type of increase in GDP that this country needs to see in order to get out of this trough.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:44 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,362,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Too bad we have a president who flunked ECO 102...

Old 09-09-2011, 09:43 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Just a thought but don't you think that Reagan was mentioned so frequently was because the debate was held in the Reagan library with Nancy Reagan in attendance???
"Hey I have an idea. Let's hold the debate in the Reagan Library then we won't look like such dorks for bringing him up so often"

Old 09-09-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Just a thought but don't you think that Reagan was mentioned so frequently was because the debate was held in the Reagan library with Nancy Reagan in attendance???
Other then
"Hey where are we anyway?"
"We're in the Reagan Library" or
"Who's that woman over there?"
"That's Ronald Reagan's wife Nancy"

no, not really

Old 09-09-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
I love how he explained away 1 trillion dollars.
Gee, that only leaves 13 trillion.

And that's just now.
It will have increased by about double by that time.

Also, "You must pass this bill"
=
"The onus is on you. It's not my fault if it doesn't go through;
nothing is ever my fault so why should this be any different."

That's quite a "leader" we've got there.
It isn't his fault if the Congress doesn't pass it. All he can do is sign it and to do that it has to pass
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies