Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 07:51 AM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
You may be right. I guess the "Just say NO to Jobs" GOP will run away with the 2012 elections.
Nice way to twist words, but that is not what they said....

I guess it's better than the "I'm just gonna laugh in your face, about shovel ready jobs", or how about the "Look at all money these tax payer just gave to 2 separate companies, to bad the are not bankrupt."

Yes bob, the left has it in the bag...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 08:01 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
The Government doesn't create jobs, the businesses, both large and small create jobs. The only thing government can do is waste money.. Want to create jobs?

Toss out Obama, defund his healthcare, and reverse all this legislation that is prohibiting job growth. Rewrite the tax code, removing all income taxes and institute a flat tax/fair tax. That way EVERYONE pays their fair share, including "Under the table" wage earners, and people who earn their living illegally. That will mean you pay taxes when you buy goods and services, and keep your whole damned paycheck.

That will spur job growth, and our economy, not some hyped up idiotic bill that just like the healthcare legislation, the president demands must be passed immediately without reading it or understanding how he intends to waste MORE money the government doesn't have.

Really, the idea, let's cut spending that's already more than what the government takes in to pay for something that's already proven not to work?

That's like saying, I make 4K a month, and spend 6K a month, and my car is broken down, so I am going to spend a little less of the money I don't make and buy another broken down car that doesn't work, but hey, I saved the money by not spending so much more than I make..... Stupidity.

Balance the budget, cut out everything the government has no constitutional business having their noses in, and we will be prosperous again.
Parroting GOP nonsense creates no jobs. Didn't for 8 yrs, and has impeded what growth there has been over the last couple of yrs.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:01 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Parroting GOP nonsense creates no jobs. Didn't for 8 yrs, and has impeded what growth there has been over the last couple of yrs.
Hmm Maybe YOU shouldn't parrot the Democratic party nonsense.

IAW Government figures,

Total private employment in 2000 was 110,995,000, and in 2008 was 114,566,000, leading to an increase of 3,571,000. Total government employment, over the same period, changed from 20,790,000 to 22,500,000, for a net increase of 1,710,000.

Unfortunate for us brother Bush doesn't understand LESS government, however private employment figures were up over 3.5 million jobs.

Going by the same Bureau of Labor Statistics numbers for Obama's Presidency, he has lost over 2.4 million jobs in 3 years. Also Obama has increased our nation's debt in less than 1 entire term of presidency, more than any other president has done in 8 years. Those are some really sad numbers, and they are accurate.

So I am unsure what kind of NEW MATH you are using but BUSH had Job Growth, Obama has had none, and the GOP hasn't impeded anything. Obama with his Democratic congress majority the first 2 years of his presidency, passed every single bill that he wanted, and in fact the ONLY thing he hasn't gotten during his presidency was the last budget bill to his satisfaction. Everything else Obama wanted, he got. So don't say the GOP has hindered anything, Obama got everything he wanted and still LOST over 2.4 million jobs.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:10 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I smell liberal desperation.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:14 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I smell liberal desperation.
Me too. Oddly enough the bill the House just passed regarding limiting the authority of the NLRB has the immediate potential to create well over 1000 new jobs in SC.

Of course, for partisan reasons and union payback the Democrat Senate would rather crush those 1000+ jobs. I have little doubt they will fail to pass it.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:14 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
lol I think sickofnyc has me on block. That, or my replies manage to see through her BS

Old 09-17-2011, 09:17 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,191,559 times
No one from the GOP has to say it, their lack of action says enough.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:19 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
No one from the GOP has to say it, their lack of action says enough.
And if they do do something, let me guess? It's only a political game or symbolic gesture, because they know it won't survive the Senate, is that it? Either they are too lazy, want Obama to lose, or just playing political games. Only the Democrats are honest, hard working people right?

Old 09-17-2011, 09:20 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
LOL....my goodness. Reading between the lines seems to be the new political argument in Liberal La La land. I didn't see anything even closely resembling the thread title in the OP.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:21 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,484,309 times
No surprise, really. Since when has a GOP politician actually cared about the peasants? Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies