Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 11:02 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Representative Steve King (R-Iowa) revealed the true Republican agenda when he said, “If we find a window, we can maybe do some things together. Beyond that, I will tell you that it’s going to be important just to hang on and get a new president and a new configuration in Congress.” King’s comment reveals there is nothing Republicans will do to help create jobs.
Republican Rep Accidentally Admits The GOP Has No Interest In Creating Jobs

Shocking I tell you...Shocking!

Quote:
A major problem for dysfunctional liars and charlatans is that sooner or later they forget what their lies are and mistakenly tell the truth.

For the past 8 months, Congressional Republicans have claimed their spending cuts and deficit reduction agenda was necessary to create much-needed jobs and help grow the economy. In spite of their perpetual claims that reducing the nation’s deficit and slashing spending were necessary to get Americans back to work, the jobless numbers have remained unchanged. Now they have changed their message and claim deregulation is the key to creating private-sector jobs, but like their 8-month-long lies about out-of-control spending, it is obvious they have no intention of creating jobs or helping the economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 11:14 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Trolling the bowels of the web to dig this one up eh? I guess you should read the first sentence in King's quote and explain how you come up with your title of this thread. Or maybe I'll ask rmuse.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:19 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
I see more distortion from liberals, as ever. Like distorting contradicting facts between gun crime and levels of gun control, for example. If Republicans voted down a Medicare funding bill because it had a provision inside that said all people must be fingerprinted and mugshot by the police, the Democrats and their media stooges would run around and say the Republicans hate the seniors

Old 09-16-2011, 11:25 PM

27,156 posts, read 15,330,669 times
It's out of fear of the future- 2012 that is.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:28 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,140,391 times
It is clearly indefensible and I trust the American people will see that they were thrown to the lions when it mattered the most. The Republicans (conservatives, actually) are only interested in winning. The cost to the nation is irrelevant.

I found it profoundly telling that during the President's jobs speech to Congress, Obama said that the government's impasse on jobs should not cause the unemployed 14 more months of suffering (14 months until the election). In response, all the Democrats applauded. Boehner, in his seat behind the President, remained seated, hands closed, lips pursed, doing nothing. Is that goal, that intention of the President NOT something everyone in the room should have cheered?

If a politician plays politics, and if they do it as blatantly as the Republicans are doing right now, they should be recalled, or worse. They are there to do a job. Playing politics may seem like part of the our political system, but we Americans should not tolerate another second of it. Why do we? Why aren't we up in arms signing petitions and scaring the crap out of them?

Or do we deserve this government?

Old 09-16-2011, 11:34 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
It is clearly indefensible and I trust the American people will see that they were thrown to the lions when it mattered the most. The Republicans (conservatives, actually) are only interested in winning. The cost to the nation is irrelevant.

I found it profoundly telling that during the President's jobs speech to Congress, Obama said that the government's impasse on jobs should not cause the unemployed 14 more months of suffering (14 months until the election). In response, all the Democrats applauded. Boehner, in his seat behind the President, remained seated, hands closed, lips pursed, doing nothing. Is that goal, that intention of the President NOT something everyone in the room should have cheered?

If a politician plays politics, and if they do it as blatantly as the Republicans are doing right now, they should be recalled, or worse. They are there to do a job. Playing politics may seem like part of the our political system, but we Americans should not tolerate another second of it. Why do we? Why aren't we up in arms signing petitions and scaring the crap out of them?

Its so profound it failed the first time miserably, its profound to think this idiot should be given a second chance at the same failure...Even his Demobros in congress have realized he is full of chit, and has no clue what the hell he is doing.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post

There are recall elections going on, petitions being signed and demonstrations in places such as Wisconsin and Ohio. The GOP/Tea Party Approval rating is almost in the minus. I agree with you though...we ought to storm Washington with pitchforks and whatever else they utilized when the French stormed the Bastille. I've heard that Marie Antoinette never actually said "Let them eat cake", but the right wing definitely is.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:37 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Is it supposed to be news that the Koch Owned Party has betrayed the American People? No news there

Old 09-16-2011, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Is it supposed to be news that the Koch Owned Party has betrayed the American People? No news there
You are correct, but I still find it astonishing that the actually have a base supporting them that is not in the bracket of the top 5% of Americans that holds more than half of the country's wealth.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:49 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You are correct, but I still find it astonishing that the actually have a base supporting them that is not in the bracket of the top 5% of Americans that holds more than half of the country's wealth.
five percent do not hold half of this country's wealth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies