Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 09:23 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
No surprise, really. Since when has a GOP politician actually cared about the peasants? Really?
I pose you the same question as I did to Visvaldis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 09:25 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Yeah, the GOP Neocons supported or compromised with him every step of the way for the sake of the country

24 Policies That Republicans Supported BEFORE They Were Against Them

24 Policies That Republicans Supported BEFORE They Were Against Them | Addicting Info (http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/08/22/24-policies-that-republicans-supported-before-they-were-against-them/ - broken link)
Remmeber it was Obama who said elections have consequences when the democrat refused any compromise in anything< obama is a devider clearly even namig american business as the new evil empire.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:25 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,191,559 times
The GOP has one objective: to get rid of Obama.
If the economy was to improve their chances of getting power decrease. So it's in the GOP's interests to keep unemployment high.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:27 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
No one from the GOP has to say it, their lack of action says enough.
See post # 36. That is action where Obama's jobs bill is nothing but payback to his political donors. Meanwhile Obama's NLRB is busy blocking the creaton of new jobs. Obama's EPA and Dept. of the Interior are busy blocking new jobs in the energy industry. It would seem you are quite dishonest about who is doing the actions of opening the way for job creation and this administrations pattern of blocking the creation of jobs.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:30 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times
Quote:
If the economy was to improve their chances of getting power decrease. So it's in the GOP's interests to keep unemployment high.

Getting rid of Obama will increase the economy. Put someone in office that will do something. This guy keeps digging us in deeper and deeper.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:38 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,776,811 times
Moody's said Obama's jobs plan would reduce the unemployment rate by 1%, that's why Republicans don't want to see the whole plan actually passed.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:39 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,484,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I pose you the same question as I did to Visvaldis
I take it you mean this question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
And if they do do something, let me guess? It's only a political game or symbolic gesture, because they know it won't survive the Senate, is that it? Either they are too lazy, want Obama to lose, or just playing political games. Only the Democrats are honest, hard working people right?
If they do something that actually helps put people back to work (like a jobs program) then yes. Now I haven't had time to look at Obama's program because I've been too busy with my job, but I intend to look at it this week. That's why I haven't commented on specifics on this forum yet.

About your main question about the GOP: In general, I don't think GOP politicians--especially the Tea Party wing--cares about regular people. They court us for our votes, but clearly show their 100% devotion to the uber rich. I don't hate rich people myself, but they're not the only ones who matter in this country either. Republican politicians show by words and actions--they hardly hide it anymore--that rich people are the only real valuable people in society. They're the job creators. Their spending and their actions matter above everything. The rest of us, who do the working, paying living and dying in this country--don't matter as much. I don't believe that what's good for them is not automatically good for the U.S. all the time.

And in this season, NOTHING matters as much as defeating Obama. I'm convinced that the country could go down in flames and become a third world country, but that they don't care about that. Only their psychotic, pathological hatred for the president drives them. I truly believe that.

And no, Dems aren't angels either and don't agree with all of their policies, but most of them, and a few moderate Republicans seem to be the only adults in the room who truly care about the country over politics.

Whether you agree or not, I hope that answers your question.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:40 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Getting rid of Obama will increase the economy. Put someone in office that will do something. This guy keeps digging us in deeper and deeper.
Expound a bit on your first sentence and then you will qualify for an intelligent debate.

Obama has been negotiating or attempting to negotiate and compromise with obstructionists and terrorists in Congress that have rendered "doing something" virtually impossible. The reason that Obama has been angering and frustrating his base is due to his not telling these SOB's to shove their pseudo patriotism up their collective a$$es.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:40 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,484,309 times
Quote:
Exactly. I wish it weren't true, but I believe it is.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:46 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Expound a bit on your first sentence and then you will qualify for an intelligent debate.

Obama has been negotiating or attempting to negotiate and compromise with obstructionists and terrorists in Congress that have rendered "doing something" virtually impossible. The reason that Obama has been angering and frustrating his base is due to his not telling these SOB's to shove their pseudo patriotism up their collective a$$es.
Your post was answered previously by my post. I will repeat it for you.

IAW Government figures,

Total private employment in 2000 was 110,995,000, and in 2008 was 114,566,000, leading to an increase of 3,571,000. Total government employment, over the same period, changed from 20,790,000 to 22,500,000, for a net increase of 1,710,000.

Unfortunate for us brother Bush doesn't understand LESS government, however private employment figures were up over 3.5 million jobs.

Going by the same Bureau of Labor Statistics numbers for Obama's Presidency, he has lost over 2.4 million jobs in 3 years. Also Obama has increased our nation's debt in less than 1 entire term of presidency, more than any other president has done in 8 years. Those are some really sad numbers, and they are accurate.

So I am unsure what kind of NEW MATH you are using but BUSH had Job Growth, Obama has had none, and the GOP hasn't impeded anything. Obama with his Democratic congress majority the first 2 years of his presidency, passed every single bill that he wanted, and in fact the ONLY thing he hasn't gotten during his presidency was the last budget bill to his satisfaction. Everything else Obama wanted, he got. So don't say the GOP has hindered anything, Obama got everything he wanted and still LOST over 2.4 million jobs.

Obama hasn't negotiated with anyone, with the sole exception of the budget bill. Every thing else he wanted, he got, and it still hasn't worked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies