Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the tax rate increase on people earning $1 million+ per year?
Yes 98 61.25%
No 62 38.75%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 10:30 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Which particular regulations are hampering business, preventing them from hiring?
Why would companies hire employees to do nothing? There is no demand for more employees

but I currently have township regulations telling me I can put DIRT in my yard, which would create 2-3 jobs for a month long project. More people unemployed due to government incompetence.

Last edited by pghquest; 09-20-2011 at 10:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 10:36 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 512ATX View Post
this thread has proven the divide between the haves and the have nots:

Haves - Understands how money works.

Have nots - Don't understand how money works but desparate for answers so they can add some substance to this debate.

I can see a lot of "have nots" in here that need to go back to Economics class.
I think they still teach it in ....10th grade.
1. It is not what you have, it is what you don't spend.

2. While you are working to earn money you must also put that which you have earned to work earning more and creating revenue. For the price of a pair of nike tennis shoes you can invest in stock with a 4% + dividend where the money in your savings account is earning 0.05% or less and any interest is taxed at a higher rate.

You may never become Warren Buffett but your savings might keep up with the rate of inflation or do better instead of earning negative returns in a savings/checking account.

However, if you buy into the Obama class warfare rhetoric & campaign platform all you really end up with is this:

Every Cent You Make (I'll be taxing you) - YouTube

Old 09-20-2011, 10:39 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Why would companies hire employees to do nothing? There is no demand for more employees

but I currently have township regulations telling me I can put DIRT in my yard, which would create 2-3 jobs for a month long project. More people unemployed due to government incompetence.
It makes sense if you are more interested in power and money, then you are in the long term welafare of the company or its employees.

Unraveling The UAW Job Bank | The Truth About Cars

Old 09-20-2011, 10:42 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,490 times
Quote:
this thread has proven the divide between the haves and the have nots:

Haves - Understands how money works.

Have nots - Don't understand how money works but desparate for answers so they can add some substance to this debate.

I can see a lot of "have nots" in here that need to go back to Economics class.
I think they still teach it in ....10th grade.
Again...

Old 09-20-2011, 11:10 AM

616 posts, read 854,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
It makes sense if you are more interested in power and money, then you are in the long term welafare of the company or its employees.

Unraveling The UAW Job Bank | The Truth About Cars
It's not the businesses responsibility to "care" about the welfare of it's employees..that's for the employees themselves to focus on, if they wanna keep the job that the millionaire hire them for. the business is in business to make MONEY...they can hire somebody else who is in better shape in a snap. so save the "big business should help me" speech..they already helped you by hiring you. the rest is on you..

AND Power and Money is what CAPITALISM is all about. where did you go to school son?

Capitalism has also been about competition. not welfare.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:07 PM

616 posts, read 854,652 times
Quote:
Let's use a smaller scale "dollarnaire" to try and help the Obamabots:

Jimmy runs a lemonade stand, kills it all summer. gets home and mom says "you have to give Billy next door 50% of what you made off your lemonade stand". Jimmy says "but Billy sat up and watched cartoons all summer, that's not right mom!"

Do you think it's fair for Jimmy to have to break down his money like that? simple answer yes or no.

repost for the Obama-econmists in here.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:23 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
Simple...GOVERNMENT OVER-REGULATION on business!
like what?

Old 09-20-2011, 12:29 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Because our government is hostile to business, and our president is behaving erratically.
Our government isn't hostile to business. Businesses' share of tax revenue has been decreasing for years.

What country is more pro-business than the United States? I'm curious.

Quote:
This president and his administration are an erratic, and destabilizing influence on our economy.

There have been dozens of new regulations which have been created out of the blue, by 0bama's EPA, FDA, Energy Dept and HHS, all of which greatly increased the day-to-day costs of doing business in the US.
like what?

Quote:
If I am a business owner, how can I justify hiring more employees if I don't know what the healthcare costs imposed by government will be next year?
So don't offer healthcare benefits.

Quote:
If I am the owner of a trucking company, or a manufacturer, how can I plan my business if energy prices keep going up, and we have a president and an Energy Sec. who both want to see prices for diesel fuel and electricity skyrocket?
So raise prices and use less gasoline. Nevermind that the President doesn't set energy prices, and that we had our first energy crisis 40 years ago.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:00 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,823,218 times
spending your way out of debt is like f*cking your way out of AIDS.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:14 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
like what?
This was just in July,

Not that hard...

Quote:
$9.5 billion in new regulatory costs by proposing 229 new rules and finalizing 379 rules. Among those he cited were EPA, healthcare reform, and financial regulatory reform rules.
Report: Obama Administration Added $9.5 Billion in Red Tape in July - US News and World Report
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies