Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2011, 01:27 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,987,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Wow so I guess the only time the GOP wouldn't support a "troop" is if he's gay. I guess he doesn't "fight for our freedoms" just as much as his gay counterparts?
First the military doesn't fight for our freedoms anymore, they fight for the diplomatic chamber of commerce, disguised as patriots. They fight to wear out the military machines of profiteers and they fight to dominate the world stage.

It's why others idiots in the world can find people to blow themselves up at our peril.

Next... you don't see hetero's describing themselves based on who they do the nasty with. It's a shallow movement that is based off of who one has sex with.

Shut the hell up about it already and keep it in the privacy of your own world.

Old 09-23-2011, 01:27 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,030,247 times
I am always amazed at how gullible people are, and that they will see/hear what they want to.

Last edited by Alltheusernamesaretaken; 09-23-2011 at 02:29 PM..

Old 09-23-2011, 01:42 PM

858 posts, read 708,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
Oh wait, we can't say that?
Then neither should anyone make similar comments about the GOP.
Nice way to try and twist that. The problem is that muslims around the world have come out against the islamist extremists. Please show me any track record the Republicans have in supporting gay rights to join the military or get married.

Old 09-23-2011, 01:58 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,982,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So you're trying to say the Repugs DON'T have a history of treating gays as "less than" straights !!!!

C'MON!

The Repugs( a description, not a name), hate gays and want to deny them the same rights as OTHER LEGAL TAXPAYING AMERICAN citizens....all the while taking delight in "allowing" them to fight for them in war....

That's repugnant to me.....but you go ahead and enjoy!
I seriously have to question your ability to reason, or comprehend what you have read if you think I "enjoy" anything about the situation. Again, its sad to me that you would rather play dumb to present this false attack against me and what you incorrectly assume is "my" political party, in an effort to vocalize things that only heighten the level of hate in the conversation. Your actions here make you no better than the ones you despise. But go ahead, keep spreading the hate, you are really helping the situation.

Old 09-23-2011, 02:42 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,982,264 times
Here is a perfect example of provoking hate for no reason:

I personally am not a fan of Ms. Palin at all, and I can only hope she never becomes a serious candidate again, BUT there is no justification for this nearly 50 yr old man to scream curses at Palin's young daughter and become violently aggressive towards her. Am I to believe that this behavior is somehow any different than the ONE or two bad actors in the debate audience? Should we assume that "Dems want to beat up young girls and call them names" because of this ONE man?

Bristol Palin, daughter of Sarah Palin, gets into a fight at Saddle Ranch - Celebrity GPS - YouTube

Old 09-23-2011, 02:54 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
On the off chance the particular incident hasnt been posted yet here it is, and i'll agree it was just a few (Half dozen)of the audience that boo'd but they certainly werent taken to task for their classless remarks, and the guy who the booing was directed at looks like he can well take care of himself in any physical situation..

Audience Boos Gay Soldier At GOP Debate, Santorum Promises To Reinstate Don't Ask, Don't Tell - YouTube

Last edited by jambo101; 09-23-2011 at 04:11 PM..

Old 09-23-2011, 06:11 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,533,364 times
Thumbs down Tea Party/Republican Base Boos Gay Soldier Currently Serving Our Country In Iraq!

This is revolting and unpatriotic.....and why the LGBT community keeps fighting for equality.

A U.S. soldier on duty in Iraq is booed by the "mob" at the Republican debate last night.

First off one of the candidates should have had the ball$ to stand up to the crowd/base and remind them that we may disagree on issues but you respect one another and especially our military personnel.

Second...IF a "liberal" base crowd booed a soldier serving in Iraq...... we would never hear the end of it and the Tea Party would literally be up in arms!

Third ......Santorum went off on some wild eyed gay sex rant that had NOTHING to do with the question that the soldier asked the candidates.

Fourth .....Why do Tea Party types go off on sex rants whenever a gay person asks a question or D.A.D.T......D.O.M.A. is discussed etcetera......I don't understand how their "minds" work.....seems they dwell on sex.

Debate Crowd Booed Gay Soldier - ABC News

CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

At GOP debate, crowd boos gay soldier's question on 'don't ask, don't tell' - latimes.com

Santorum answers gay soldier's DADT question - YouTube

Please watch the video.....IF you too find this DISGRACEFUL....regardless of your political leanings....click on the DISLIKE button at the youtube website!

What's wrong with our country!

Old 09-23-2011, 06:17 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,047,421 times
Booing a soldier is disgraceful.

But then again, these people are of the mindset that sexuality somehow affects your ability to perform in combat.

Idiots be idiots.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:19 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,285,615 times
Because many believe gays in the military will be problems if their behavior becomes approved. Many are also religious and most of the regular religions consider homosexuality a sin. A sin gays like to parade.

That might be part of it.

For most it is live and let live until THEY bring up their sexuality.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:27 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
I wouldn't be crazy enough to boo any soldier in the forces who has biceps like that gay soldier.

Not many gays may be interested in joining the military. On the day DADT was abolished, the Marines showed up at the Tulsa center for gays and lesbians to set up an enlistment table. Only a few women showed up to ask questions. One was told she was too over weight. Details at: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/21/us...homa.html?_r=1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies