Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 11:21 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times

Advertisements

Just another example of the right showing their true colors to the nation, in a way it is a good thing. Do I believe ALL Republicans agree with those openly demonstrating their hate, no. Do I believe that far too many Republicans do agree with classless demonstration put on in the last couple of debates, yes. The sooner the Republican Party cleans house of the extremists within their ranks the sooner they will regain the respect of the majority of Americans and the sooner they will stand a chance of winning a majority in Congress or winning the Whitehouse. Until then get used to being the minorty Party, far too many Americans are disgusted with these "displays" of regressive thinking and they will voice their opinion in 2012.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:25 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,475,445 times
This is not going to end pretty.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:38 AM

858 posts, read 707,878 times
I agree that it was only 2 or 3 people in the crowd that boo'd however I think it does represent the feelings of the Republican party as a whole. Perhaps they wouldn't boo an active serviceman but I'm sure many of them would have prevented him from enlisting in the first place. Many Republicans including the people on stage have come out against gays in the military, against gay marriage and other forms of gay rights.

So with that, I disagree that it was only the feelings of 2 or 3 individuals. If we conducted an exit poll of the Republican audience asking them whether gays should be in the military, get married etc, I'd bet we wouldn't even have a supermajority in favor of it. THAT is why the actions of those 3 individuals are defining the Republican party today.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:44 AM

1,391 posts, read 2,646,750 times
Default GOP Debate- crowd DOES NOT jeer at gay soldier, only 1 or 2 people did

I see the truth is being blown wildly out of proportion already.

From a blogger:
Quote:
I was at the debate, in the audience on the right hand side about halfway back. The person who booed was just a few rows in front of us. The booing got an immediate and angry reaction from nearly everyone sitting around him, who hissed and shushed at him. Lots of loud gasps, "Shhhh!" "No!" "Shut up, you idiot!" etc.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:48 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
The funny thing is, those contards booing that gay patriot are the ones gettin' it on in mens public restrooms. More proof that conservatism is associated with low self-esteem and sexual identity issues.

Patriot? The guy signed up for a paycheck. There is nothing patriotic about joining the army. It's a job.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:50 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Thank you for proving my point...more name calling and willful ignorance to advance a false premise. Truly sad, but shows exactly why nothing gets done in DC.
So you're trying to say the Repugs DON'T have a history of treating gays as "less than" straights !!!!

C'MON!

The Repugs( a description, not a name), hate gays and want to deny them the same rights as OTHER LEGAL TAXPAYING AMERICAN citizens....all the while taking delight in "allowing" them to fight for them in war....

That's repugnant to me.....but you go ahead and enjoy!

Old 09-23-2011, 12:08 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Patriot? The guy signed up for a paycheck. There is nothing patriotic about joining the army. It's a job.
From the above we can assume YOU never served your nation. If you had and you had even been in combat you wouldn't post such nonesense.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:09 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Every time the MSM goes on about this story it's only one or two morons cheering, hardly indicative of GOP sentiment.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:13 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So you're trying to say the Repugs DON'T have a history of treating gays as "less than" straights !!!!

C'MON!

The Repugs( a description, not a name), hate gays and want to deny them the same rights as OTHER LEGAL TAXPAYING AMERICAN citizens....all the while taking delight in "allowing" them to fight for them in war....

That's repugnant to me.....but you go ahead and enjoy!
When will you libs realize there's a huge difference between gay rights and rights for gays to marry? As for the latter, there are quite a few in our camp, including the president, that agree with them.

By the way, DADT was enacted by a DEM.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:14 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
For THIS reason alone, I simply want to vote for Obama, as a gay man myself. This further illustrates the homophobia that exists within the Republican party. Ridiculous.
Shoot yourself in the foot over a sound bite.

Smart thinking. Evidenced by most Obama voters.

Dems have been long on promises and very short on returns when it comes to gay rights.
And DADT...wasn't that Sr El Clinton? Didn't the dems have the house, the senate, AND the white house for two years...and nothing was done?

I'd rather vote for the people protecting my dollar so that I can have power that way. Not handed down to me like some treat to a dog by some b.s. government that has never gotten off their ass and actually done something for gay people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies