Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2011, 09:35 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,531,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I don't condone excuses made by my party, or the other. When something is wrong i say so, and it was. Disrespectuf to those who serve, Men, Women, Gay or Straight, Race, or Religion, if they serve, they deserve the same respect.

Some explaining is due. And trust me both party's have their faults, both.
Well thankyou for an honest reply and I never said the Democrats are much better than their counterparts...both parties really need to grow up and govern instead of dividing the country.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:37 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
It was about his sexual orientation which is about sex.
Gay didn't mean he had a happy disposition in this case, did it?
Sexual orientation is not necessarily about sex. Get a clue already. Orientation refers to one's attractions. It says absolutely nothing about their behavior. There are celibate gays, promiscuous gays, monogamous gays, gays married to the opposite sex, etc. just like heterosexuals.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:39 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
To pommysmommy....I implied that the audience booed....which it did....No one said every single person booed but most applauded Santorum's gay bashing rant........ I see you're squirming in your seat.

And I supplied the video for everyone to judge for themselves.........the rest is history and history will not be kind to this type of behavior....nor the candidates indirectly condoning it nor people attempting to defend how the Tea Party behaved in all 3 debates......with last nights debate exposing the truth about the party.

Here it is again(different version) for those skipping the opening post and for you!!!!!!

Audience Boos Gay Soldier At GOP Debate, Santorum Promises To Reinstate Don't Ask, Don't Tell - YouTube

For reasonable posters PLEASE go to youtube and vote down this video.....THANKYOU!
I am most definitely not squirming and I most definitely stand by my assertion that the premise of your post is to paint the entire audience as ignorant yahoos who booed the military. That is not true no matter how much you wish to embrace your hatred of conservative people.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Could they have been booing the 'gotcha' question aspect?
NO.....what debate did you watch?????? .

They booed because the soldier was gay and had the guts to speak up........ asking a valid question of a candidate supposedly qualified to run for president of our country.

I'm sure Tea Party types are also mad D.A.D.T. was repealed and took that anger out on a soldier who is ON ACTIVE DUTY defending our country as he spoke!

Old 09-23-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Is there a military reason why they should serve openly?
Because heterosexuals can, and therefore not letting gays do it is discrimination.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Right, because what does homosexuality have to do with sex?
Technically nothing, since at its core, homosexuality merely refers to attraction, not behavior. A celibate gay is still gay, despite never having sex.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:54 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Every now and then a RWer comes along and reports some "horrible" act of a "liberal" and asks the liberals to repudiate this person. Where are they now, when some RWs have committed a rather despicable act of booing a soldier?

Old 09-23-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I doubt any of those teanaggers last night have the balls to serve their country....
I agree....they are all "tough" when in a big group.....or audience; however at all three debates they have behaved like an unruly mob.....driven by raw emotion, hate and anger.

Are these the type of people and candidates we want running our country??????

Are these the type of people/candidates we want commanding our nuclear arsenal.....ready to push the button during one of their temper tantrums/rants???????

Old 09-23-2011, 09:56 PM

1 posts, read 539 times
Default and they cheered...at the "tea Party"

As pointed out the incident on boos of Gay Soldier..these fear mongers...CHEERED when Rick Perry had the highest number of Executions for his state....No matter what your stance on the Death Penaly..no taking of a life should be "cheered: so tea party crazy...cheer the killing and boo the ones who are serving your country because of their sexual preference...They just executed a innocent man or at best a HUGE amount of reasonalbe doubt ...in GA..who happened to be black..and Casey Anthony Walked away..from 12 ill informed jurors who did not understand the process...For every parent who has a Teenager who will be voting age this year, please...educate them about the system..and help them learn about how our goverment works..Let them know, we are one race..the human race..republican or dem. or indie. but this party of extreme fear and hate will continue to spew and grow, and thier children will follow them because, it will be all they know...

Old 09-23-2011, 09:58 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,278,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
No... what debate did you watch?
Same one as you. That is, I wasn't there sitting in the audience, and neither were you. The acoustics were poor/highly reverberant, I can tell you that.

We all know Rick Santorum and homosexuality have a very long history. There's even a sex act named after him. Granted, it was FOX doing this as opposed to MSNBC, but I'm open to the possibility that the confrontational nature of the question aimed at Santorum alone was what called for boos. I rolled my eyes myself when I saw where this was going (Santorum).

Look I really couldn't care less about sexuality. People are free to do and love whatever and whomever they want, it doesn't pick my pocket nor break my leg. I've had gay friends throughout my life. But in the military? I'm not sure. Time will tell, I suppose -- right? The military is free to reject people cuz they're too scrawny, too fat, too dumb, too blind, etc. It's not a charitable organization, it's actual serious business. If we find ten years from now that lesbians and gay men serving openly has worked fine, then GREAT! If we find that it has caused lots of problems then perhaps we should re-examine.

Most people will say it's not in the same league, but I'm an Atheist and I have to pretend I'm a Christian in order to maintain my job. Coming out as an atheist would be a severe career-limiting move. I LIKE the idea of a true "don't ask don't tell" as it relates to religion. Seems a lot more professional. That would be far preferable to religion being out there and therefore having to pretend I'm one of them in order to avoid a big CLM. As an unmarried male with no kids I'm also discriminated against in terms of nights/weekends (I always have to work them because I have no kids at home) and vacation times (I never get the 'family' type holidays and have to pick up the vacation scraps all the parents and spouses leave behind) but that's a story for another thread.

Last edited by Nepenthe; 09-23-2011 at 10:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies