Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2011, 10:52 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,847,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh please the 7 billion humans produce more Co2 from breathing than we do from coal factories/powerplants
Source please.

I visited a 700 MW coal power plant where the employees told me they burn 80 rail cars full of coal every 36 hours. This plant served a small fraction of the state of South Carolina. I cannot fathom the people serviced by this coal plant breathing more carbon than that produced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 10:52 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,123,991 times
Quote:
oh please the 7 billion humans produce more Co2 from breathing than we do from coal factories/powerplants

so now we get it...typical liberals

(if you drive a car, car - I’ll tax the street;
(if you try to sit, sit - I’ll tax your seat;
(if you get too cold, cold - I’ll tax the heat;
(if you take a walk, walk - I'll tax your feet.
(if you try to breath) - I'll tax the air

yeah I am the tax man
Again can you quantify your claim so you can give yourself some sort of credibility?

Old 09-27-2011, 10:55 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,123,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Actually, you keep building straw mans and then are using the fact that I refuse to allow such be the summary of my argument as evidence of me evading answering to your straw man.

You are arguing just like Pamky is. Make a claim, then when called on it, change the subject, and focus on the attack. It is typical trash arguments from a dying movement that continuously fails to properly support its position.

/shrug
Not really. fire away with your questions then. The thing is no one from "your side" is putting forth anything. It's pretty easy when all you people got is..."Climate change is a natural process... volcanoes produce more co2 than humans produce... etc"

Come on, bring it.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:06 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Not really. fire away with your questions then. The thing is no one from "your side" is putting forth anything. It's pretty easy when all you people got is..."Climate change is a natural process... volcanoes produce more co2 than humans produce... etc"

Come on, bring it.
why dont you bring it

fact co2 levels have been much higher before

fact optimum c02 levels for most plants is 1200ppm..not the lowly levels we have of 340ppm

fact our earth has been much warmer, many many times

fact we need it to warm up so we can have more farming time to feed the 7 billion people on this earth

fact nearly 7 billion people on this earth and 1 billion are starving/malnutrinished..and you worry about the NEEDED warming

fact the co2 rise is NOTHING

fact the temp rise is less than 1 degree F in over 150 years

fact the sealevels have NOT risen

sorry but science is not on your side

Old 09-27-2011, 11:07 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,465,199 times
Quote:
You made a claim, I asked you to cite that claim so we could see the context of the discussion, you then evaded by asking a question that was irrelevant to my request and simply a means to redirect away from having to cite your claim.

Now you are continuing to divert from citing your claim.

Spin all you like, but you are the one failing to support your claim. I made a simple request and you refuse to provide for it. Seems to me either you were talking out of your arse or you do not wish the context to be presented as it would conflict with your point.
From the thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...arth-hour.html

I know what I'm going to do. I'm going to turn on every light and every appliance in my house so that I consume as much electricity as humanly possible

I'm going to do all that plus get in my V8 Jeep and drive all over the place! Tree-hugging morons can bite me

I turned on the pool pump, hot tub pump, two patio lights, and my driveway lights, And I fired up all 5 of my PCs with their monitors, and 4 printers.
It was glorious.

Instead of just ignoring it, people polluted just to **** off other people. How mature.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:09 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,465,199 times
Quote:

You are arguing just like Pamky is. Make a claim, then when called on it, change the subject, and focus on the attack. It is typical trash arguments from a dying movement that continuously fails to properly support its position.

/shrug
What is my position on the subject? I haven't told you or anyone else. Since when do you speak for other people?

Old 09-27-2011, 11:14 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,523,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
From the thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...arth-hour.html

I know what I'm going to do. I'm going to turn on every light and every appliance in my house so that I consume as much electricity as humanly possible

I'm going to do all that plus get in my V8 Jeep and drive all over the place! Tree-hugging morons can bite me

I turned on the pool pump, hot tub pump, two patio lights, and my driveway lights, And I fired up all 5 of my PCs with their monitors, and 4 printers.
It was glorious.

Instead of just ignoring it, people polluted just to **** off other people. How mature.
I remember that obnoxious thread. Good thread digging.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:17 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,847,343 times
Quote:
why dont you bring it

fact co2 levels have been much higher before
When? Before humans were living on the planet?
Quote:
fact optimum c02 levels for most plants is 1200ppm..not the lowly levels we have of 340ppm
Source please? "Most planets?" Earth is the only planet we know of that supports life. You would die in seconds on "most planets".
Quote:
fact our earth has been much warmer, many many times
Irrelevant. Current temperatures are not such a problem as expected future temperatures.
Quote:
fact we need it to warm up so we can have more farming time to feed the 7 billion people on this earth fact nearly 7 billion people on this earth and 1 billion are starving/malnutrinished..and you worry about the NEEDED warming.
Provide evidence a) that increased temperatures actually increase farming yields and b) that this is necessary to feed everyone. The presence of starving people does not necessarily indicate that more food needs to be produced (it is a matter of who has the food where)

Quote:
fact the co2 rise is NOTHING

fact the temp rise is less than 1 degree F in over 150 years

fact the sealevels have NOT risen
The issue is expected future temperatures, not current ones.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:19 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,958,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
What is my position on the subject? I haven't told you or anyone else. Since when do you speak for other people?
Your position is irrelevant to my mention. The nature of your responses is what I was referring to.

That is, I asked you a question, you come back questioning me with a question that implies I made the claim relevant to your question and then continue to argue with me diverting from the actual specifics of the original discussion.

So does that poster apply the same nature in response by implying I stated a position I did not and continuing to accuse me of avoiding it while never answering to the responses made (corrections to their claim).

Old 09-27-2011, 11:30 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
Quote:

Source please? "Most planets?" Earth is the only planet we know of that supports life. You would die in seconds on "most planets".
uhm

please go back and read

I TYPED plants...but apparentely you read..planets

Photosynthesis begins when stomata, pore-like openings on the undersides of leaves, are activated by light and begin breathing in carbon dioxide (CO2) from the air. This CO2 is broken down into carbon (C) and oxygen (O). Some of the O is used for other plants processes, but most is expelled back into the air. The C is combined with water to form sugar molecules, which are then converted into carbohydrates. These carbohydrates (starches) combine with nutrients, such as nitrogen, to produce new plant tissues. CO2 is vital to plant growth and development, and yet is often the most overlooked element in indoor gardening.

The typical outdoor air we breathe contains 0.03 - 0.045% (300 - 450 ppm) CO2. Research demonstrates that optimum growth and production for most plants occur between 1200 - 1500 ppm CO2. These optimum CO2 levels can boost plant metabolism, growth and yield by 25 - 60%.

Plants under effective CO2 enrichment and management display thicker, lush green leaves, an abundance of fragrant fruit and flowers, and stronger, more vigorous roots. CO2 enriched plants grow rapidly.

thats why the SELL CARBON DIOXIDE GENERATORS for greenhouses
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies