Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 08:25 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,235 times

Advertisements

Climate change isn't one of my big issues, so I don't follow it much. But apparently the divide on Climate Change in the U.S. is getting deeper and--of course--based on party lines.

American divide over global warming getting deeper - US news - Environment - Climate Change - msnbc.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 08:28 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Why is Climate Change So Controversial?
Because it will greatly embolden the government at the expense of the private sector/taxpayers and guess who has been funding most of the research?

Old 09-24-2011, 08:33 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
I don't know... I guess for the same reason as if I told everyone they must pay me $1000 a year because the world would end if I am not happy based on lies, deceit, and coercion... I mean why would that be controversial?

Old 09-24-2011, 08:46 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
I don't think climate change is controversial, but the causes of climate change is. CERN recently produced a report that suggests humans may not be responsible for climate change after all. It is the intransigence of some folks to admit he science is not at all settled. They wish to silence any skepticism.

http://www.newsroomamerica.com/story/165340.html

Old 09-24-2011, 08:50 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Climate change isn't one of my big issues, so I don't follow it much. But apparently the divide on Climate Change in the U.S. is getting deeper and--of course--based on party lines.

American divide over global warming getting deeper - US news - Environment - Climate Change - msnbc.com
Nobody says the climate and planet doesn't change or maybe even have cycles of weather that could be 50,000 years long.
The BS people can't stand is the line that it is MAN MADE this or that.
The planet will more than survive us IMO. I can see someone saying be good and don't pollute the water, but to claim man changes climate is BS. Someone explain how without man we see similar changes on Mars?

So it isn't a climate change issue, it is the BS that everything is negative and man caused, so therefore they want to pass all these BS laws and force all these expensive green technologies that don't work yet.

That is the divide IMO.

A lot of communist types went into the environmental movement because they can represent something that doesn't talk back, the planet. They try and use that to push far left laws and that is also what a lot of people don't like.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:51 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,114,186 times
It's such a shame that we would be forced to use are resources more wisely from this whole climate change "fiasco".

Old 09-24-2011, 08:52 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
It's such a shame that we would be forced to use are resources more wisely from this whole climate change "fiasco".
There is a difference between use resources more wisely and pay me extra to use that resource...

Old 09-24-2011, 08:54 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Because it will greatly embolden the government at the expense of the private sector/taxpayers and guess who has been funding most of the research?
A better question, who is funding the denial research(sic)?

Old 09-24-2011, 08:55 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,114,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Nobody says the climate and planet doesn't change or maybe even have cycles of weather that could be 50,000 years long.
The BS people can't stand is the line that it is MAN MADE this or that.
The planet will more than survive us IMO. I can see someone saying be good and don't pollute the water, but to claim man changes climate is BS. Someone explain how without man we see similar changes on Mars?

So it isn't a climate change issue, it is the BS that everything is negative and man caused, so therefore they want to pass all these BS laws and force all these expensive green technologies that don't work yet.

That is the divide IMO.

A lot of communist types went into the environmental movement because they can represent something that doesn't talk back, the planet. They try and use that to push far left laws and that is also what a lot of people don't like.
Really? We are already changing our planet's ecosystems through habitat destruction via human growth. Why is it such a big jump that we can't, as a planet with nearly 7 billion people and growing, affect the whole planet with our growth?

You don't think you are being the least bit disingenuous with the whole "communist" stick? Seriously, come on, don't be so ignorant to just blatantly generalize the issue and pass it off as sound reasoning.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:56 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
A better question, who is funding the denial research(sic)?
I dunno, but I'm not comfortable with either.
Are you?

I'm glad you aren't going to pretend Uncle Sam and his retarded government cousins worldwide aren't financing most of the research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies