Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 07:50 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,484,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Prove that these parents forced this upon their child, please.

I've heard of some transgendered knowing that they didn't feel comfortable as their gender as early as 6-7.

OH DEAR GOD WE'RE TEACHING KIDS TO HAVE AN OPEN MIND.

THE WORLD IS GOING TO EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEND.

Well, considering that transgenders don't only come from homosexual households...
with these thoughts.

Like heterosexual religious parents.

Because GID doesn't exist!

Yaaaay!
Studies have shown that trans children realize they are different as early as age 4 or 5--around the same time kids in general start to become aware of gender.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:51 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,057,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I would like to ask you this: What about when it DOES have something to do with the parents being a same-sex couple? Do people have the right to have concern then?
Quite possibly, yes.

However, that's more indicative of the parents rather then the gender makeup of the family.

There's nothing wrong with having same sex parents.

This has been proven.

However, if parents force their agenda, no matter what agenda, in a way that it actually harms the child, then it becomes a concern.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Once again, you completely put words into my mouth, but that's OK. The last thing I will say to you is that I have NEVER seen such ramming of ideas onto children as I have seen from the mentally unstable homosexual households, super-religious (to use your example) or the households with parents who are politically passionate. One thing all of those people I know have in common is that they are either bipolar or borderline manic-depressive or some stuff like that.

Like I said, I either know these things for fact or I can read people in the grocery stores or something and tell they have mental issues. It ain't hard ... a lot of us can spot mentally disturbed people.
People may have crazy beliefs, but throwing around a bunch of mental illness terms to describe them makes no sense at all. There are actually specific symptoms associated with those labels, and they can only be diagnosed by a licensed social worker, psychologist, or psychiatrist. There's a reason for that--they are serious illnesses--and while people may have whacky beliefs, they don't even come close to having the symptoms people with real mental illness suffer from.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:54 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,070,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Source, please?
West Hollywood, Long Beach, and San Francisco. Three of these places have a large proportion of gays and lesbians. When I venture in there, their children are so confused about gender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Comparing interracial marriage to homosexuality is just plain ignorant, race isn't a mental disorder.
Nor is homosexuality. Some people just like to believe that so they can justify their prejudice. Of course, even if homosexuality were a mental illness, it wouldn't justify being prejudiced.

7,541 posts, read 6,283,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
West Hollywood, Long Beach, and San Francisco. Three of these places have a large proportion of gays and lesbians. When I venture in there, their children are so confused about gender.

yes, pulling stuff out of your nether regions makes for compelling arguments.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:55 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,478,019 times
Quote:
I don't think same-sex couples (ESPECIALLY lesbian) should be raising children. 9 times out of 10, the children will have a gender-identity crisis.
I disagree with you, always exceptions to any rule, remember this.

I have best friends who are lesbians, and together, with children, adult children by the way. Raised yes strict, their sexual prefance had not one thing to do with the way the child was raised. They are still together, and have the most wonderful goodlooking young man, well in his 30's now.
The child never took drugs, no problem, and i know other cases as this one too.
I guarantee that every same-sex couple out there does not agree with this thinking.
Come on lets get some lesbians on here, and you opinion on this.
Cannot ever lump everyone in the same catergory. Because people do not all think the same.

26,680 posts, read 28,719,019 times
Quote:
You're obviously trolling. I can't believe that any intelligent person could express such ignorance and expect to be taken seriously.

8,346 posts, read 7,057,704 times
Quote:
AKA:

No, there are no sources.

Gotcha.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:56 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,412,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
What's your source on that? World Net Daily?
To to look at his source, he'd have to bend over and stretch his head between his legs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies