Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 10:01 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times

Advertisements

Yep, it's a mental disorder. No denying it.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:05 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,389,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
And that's the point. How can anyone argue that this is NOT a possibility? If it is a possibility then why is the situation in the article allowed to happen?
How about you actually read the article and watch the video first?
It's obvious you haven't.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I know, right? A lot of proponents of homosexuality get offended by others' statements and demand sources. Like, haven't they read the article? They know something's wrong about a young male wanting a sex change, yet they demand sources.
How about reading the article yourself?

Old 09-29-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
If the kid is transgender, the kid is transgender ... regardless of the sexual orientation of his parents.
Exactly.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clark park View Post
you are mistaken, jaymax.

Absolutely 100% of west of encino's post was false, not "approximately."

lol!

Old 09-29-2011, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Apparently, misandry is prominent in lesbian households. Living in a lesbian household is bad for kids, especially for boys.
Nope, try again.

http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resources/parenting.aspx

Old 09-29-2011, 10:32 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
and people wonder how having 2 mommies could possibly harm a kid....
How is this even a logical thought? So because one lesbian couple did something "harmful" (up for debate), that means NO gay couples can raise a child well? So I guess you don't support heterosexuals having kids, either, since so many of them abuse and neglect their kids. Come to think of it, MOST abused & abandoned children come from straight parents - hmmmmmm.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:35 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,171,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
And I believe if the person has honest-to-goodness GID, which is diagnosable in young children, then hormone therapy is acceptable.

Not before the child has gone through the developmental stages. I do not believe it can be accurately diagnosed until a child has gone through puberty and into young adulthood. Children go through major changes during that time period both physically and mentally. There are actual changes in the brain and brain chemistry during that period.

I have known so many kids that displayed all of the characteristics of gender identity disorder, but once they went through puberty they changed and were very different in their interests. If they are not, then those major life altering decisions can be made, but children should not be altered in this way with hormones or surgery before they have had time to grow up.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:36 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
"Hector has TWO Mommies!"

"Oh, wait a sec; I mean, Heather has TWO Mommies!"
Not sure if you realized this or not, but that's actually the title of a children's book... which is about accepting different types of families, and teaching your children to be compassionate and accepting of other family structures. Good lesson, which many of the people on this board could stand to learn.

P.S. I know quite a few children (some who are now adults) raised in gay/lesbian households, and they mostly turned out quite well. I also know some real screwed-up kids who were raised in straight households, so there's apparently no difference either way - good parents are good parents, regardless of their sexual orientation.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:42 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,307,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Not sure if you realized this or not, but that's actually the title of a children's book... which is about accepting different types of families, and teaching your children to be compassionate and accepting of other family structures. Good lesson, which many of the people on this board could stand to learn.
There's nothing wrong with that and I think it is good to be accepting, but I don't think that people should be expected to not question the potential unfair influences on a child in such a home. Just because you accept things doesn't mean you agree.

Why do people keep talking about what "people on this board" should learn. Who are you all? What do they need to learn? There have been some remarks that were generalizations, but for the most part people have been stating their opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies