Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which State Is The Most Corrupt?
Alaska 2 1.10%
Arizona 2 1.10%
Arkansas 0 0%
California 13 7.14%
Colorado 0 0%
Florida 7 3.85%
Georgia 1 0.55%
Illinois 6 3.30%
Indiana 1 0.55%
Kentucky 0 0%
Louisiana 28 15.38%
Maryland 3 1.65%
Massachusetts 4 2.20%
Michigan 1 0.55%
Nevada 5 2.75%
New Jersey 47 25.82%
New Mexico 1 0.55%
New York 10 5.49%
North Carolina 1 0.55%
Ohio 0 0%
Oregon 0 0%
Pennsylvania 3 1.65%
South Carolina 0 0%
Tennessee 3 1.65%
Texas 23 12.64%
Virginia 2 1.10%
Washington 1 0.55%
Wisconsin 1 0.55%
OTHER 8 4.40%
Not Sure... 9 4.95%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 11:35 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,327,610 times

Advertisements

New Jersey's Governor Appoints The State's Attorney General, Chief Justice of the NJ Supreme Court and the county District Attorneys.

Name someone, besides the Federal Justice Department, who would investigate corruption in the Governnor's Office... NO ONE!!!

New Jersey's current Governor Jon Corzine's First APPOINTED Attorney General Quits Due To Her Own Ethics Violations... Remember New Jersey's Governor Jim Mc Greevey? He had his own ethics violations and he was never charged by the New Jersey Courts. Appointing his lover to the State's highest Homeland Security position.

Governor Jon Corzine is surrounded by too much corruption. I'm interested in hearing more about these emails between him and the union leader.

His first Attorney General was an extremely poor choice of his. (An Attorney General quits because of her own ethics disgrace.)

I finally found where I placed the article about Corzine's first Attorney General.

~ ATTORNEY GENERAL QUITS OVER ETHICS ~ ~ ATTORNEY GENERAL QUITS OVER ETHICS ~

A New Jersey Federal Senator has his problems as well.
US Senator Robert Menendez closes his eyes to corruption
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 12:11 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,462,246 times
Do you have a page at your web site about Duke Cunningham? He is also a (Republican) military man. ( Duke Cunningham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

Old 09-06-2007, 01:22 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,510,291 times
Default New Jersey: If you and Cheating, You ain't Trying.

New Jersey: If you and Cheating, You ain't Trying.

11 N.J. officials arrested on corruption - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Old 09-06-2007, 11:28 PM

101 posts, read 255,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgz View Post
True. It's not that corrupt in itself. There are a lot of good people in Texas. It's unfortunate that there are several high profile scum-bags that just happened to come from there. But you're right, overall there is not as much corruption as I recall in some other places.
Texas has a lot of religious conservatives without much formal education who can be taken for a ride easily by the likes of Bush, DeLay, Rove and all. They are not necessarily "good people" just simpletons who have a belief system that can lead to the lynching of a black guy or dragging of one behind a truck for miles (happened only 10 years ago). Note that a belief in God does not necessarily make you good, or all the people who ran the inquisition would be saints.

Corruption does not mean bribery or nepotism, it also means a corruption of values, ethics and morals. As an American, to me these are the values represented in the constitution. To a lot of people in Texas, these are written in the Bible, I doubt if they have even heard of the constitution.

So, to me, that makes Texas corrupt.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:53 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normalguy View Post
Texas has a lot of religious conservatives without much formal education who can be taken for a ride easily by the likes of Bush, DeLay, Rove and all. They are not necessarily "good people" just simpletons who have a belief system that can lead to the lynching of a black guy or dragging of one behind a truck for miles (happened only 10 years ago). Note that a belief in God does not necessarily make you good, or all the people who ran the inquisition would be saints.

Corruption does not mean bribery or nepotism, it also means a corruption of values, ethics and morals. As an American, to me these are the values represented in the constitution. To a lot of people in Texas, these are written in the Bible, I doubt if they have even heard of the constitution.

So, to me, that makes Texas corrupt.
anytime an elected official says god is on his side.. u know we're in for some corruption.... its a beautiful smoke screen.. that churches use to get followers.. and if it's good enough for them.. its good enough for good ole boys in texas right?

amen...

Old 09-07-2007, 01:21 AM

Default FBI Agrees To Look Into My Corruption Charges Against My State's Government

FBI Agrees To Look Into My Corruption Charges Against The State of New Jersey FBI Agrees To Look Into My Corruption Charges Against The State of New Jersey

Finally after seven years, I might be starting to get my due process against the State of New Jersey.

This Starts With The NJ Governors Office. Corzine's Office has not answered even one of my certified letters to him.

Even Governor Mc Greevey answered my letters and had a working file on me.

Old 09-07-2007, 07:57 PM

Default The FBI is taking down 12 New Jersey Politicians for bribes.

The FBI is taking down 12 New Jersey Politicians for bribes. This is all over the news in New Jersey.

Yet New Jersey has the highest property taxes in the United States. (In the end, the citizens always pay for the politicians' crimes.)

Old 09-08-2007, 02:45 PM

Default The Fbi Has Been Working Overtime In New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
FBI Agrees To Look Into My Corruption Charges Against The State of New Jersey FBI Agrees To Look Into My Corruption Charges Against The State of New Jersey

Finally after seven years, I might be starting to get my due process against the State of New Jersey.

This Starts With The NJ Governors Office. Corzine's Office has not answered even one of my certified letters to him.

Even Governor Mc Greevey answered my letters and had a working file on me.

THE FBI HAS BEEN WORKING OVERTIME IN NEW JERSEY
FBI BAGS 12 DIRTY STATE POLITICIANS

Old 09-08-2007, 02:48 PM

Default The governor of New Jersey has his own corruption problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
THE FBI HAS BEEN WORKING OVERTIME IN NEW JERSEY
FBI BAGS 12 DIRTY STATE POLITICIANS
The governor of New Jersey has his own corruption problems.
MORE CORZINE CORRUPTION

Old 09-08-2007, 11:28 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,454,719 times
The Trans-Texas Corridor is a supersize Illinois State Toll Highway Authority. Once that's built, the quality of the FREE Interstate Highway system will go downhill.

Apparently the politicians noticed that they need some 'bank' to keep their bribes in and to rob the motoring public by not providing rail-improvement alternative. Besides literal 'highway robbery,' ever heard about the speed tracking plan to be implemented with the new open-road tolling infrastructure? The I-PASSes themselves can be a tracking device simply just for the date and time of use. This should be more than enough to tick off Libertarians.

This is like not building roads but only canals and improving other waterways in the Confederate South. It was even written in the Confederate Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies