Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the Wall St. protesters?
Yes 157 51.48%
No 148 48.52%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 03:19 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,960,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Roy, you made the initial statement. I believe it is YOU who has to deliver the proof of your statements.

That particular game you play, of saying something totally outrageous and then asking others to prove you wrong is getting mighty tired and lessens your credibility.

ps..I know, you don't care. There, I said it for you!
We all agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 03:20 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,658,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I listened to a Glenn Beck show today on the radio. He was spouting the same nonsense, so I am guessing that is where it is coming from.
It's a given that when a certain poster starts a thread, he's just turned someone's radio show off..!

Old 10-07-2011, 03:21 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,689,147 times
Quote:
Roy, you made the initial statement. I believe it is YOU who has to deliver the proof of your statements.

That particular game you play, of saying something totally outrageous and then asking others to prove you wrong is getting mighty tired and lessens your credibility.

ps..I know, you don't care. There, I said it for you!
Like I said: semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit = the necessity of proof always lies with the person who lays charges.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:23 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,960,036 times
Quote:
It's a given that when a certain poster starts a thread, he's just turned someone's radio show off..!
Nailed it. I have wondered whether just to put some posters on ignore or just laugh at their posts. It is a close call.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:23 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,764,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post
just heard on the radio....

they are calling this....the left wing's Tea Party
So, they'll have to change the name. TEA is Taxed Enough Already. These yahoos will need to call theirs the TODM party, Tax Other Dudes More.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:40 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,472,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
There should be a logical explanation to this puzzling phenomenon.
Indeed there is: Ignorant and naive children.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:45 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,508,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM 156 View Post
Timeline of the Rothschild family

Do not automatically assume someone you see with the name Rothschild or any of the names listed above are part of the Rothschild criminal network. Furthermore and most importantly, the majority of Ashkenazi Jews are innocent and not part of this network. Check the facts out for yourself first, this article is designed to inform people who the enemy is, not single out people of a particular race or people with a particular surname, who may have nothing to do with this Rothschild criminal network.
I thought so...wasnt sure till you posted this

its HC everybody...

Old 10-07-2011, 03:46 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,203,398 times
I've never been able to figure that out myself- people who have the nicest Mac computers and go out all the time, and sip $5 cups of coffee, who have the nicest phones and the most expensive phone plans... complaining that they're poor.

Instead of cutting down they just want things handed to them because they feel that in their short, aproximately 19-25 years of age, that they have worked hard enough to deserve being given stuff.

I'm 21. I live at home, my car is paid for by my parents (I am grateful), my phone (cheapest one, cheap plan) is also paid for by my parents (I am grateful), I attend the local CC because it is cheaper and have the same classes I need. I'm no longer trying to major in a "liberal arts" degree because I think it's worthless now (I'm studying to become a paramedic and eventually a flight medic or get my MD or RN, only time will tell)

These kids marching on Wall Street for absolutely no reason instead of attending their classes or going out looking for a job absolutely don't represent me. I'm not 1% or 99%, I'm part of the "I will look out for myself" group, however big of a percentage THAT happens to be.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:47 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,057,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
They haven't really figured it out yet. They got bogged down with the dilemma of whether to buy sleeping bags from the evil capitalists or to knit them.
But where would they buy all that yarn?

Old 10-07-2011, 03:47 PM

1,187 posts, read 996,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I wish you continued happiness and prosperity but what if.....

Your family member was called off to war that is a war with clouded purpose with a select few prospering from it and your family member was killed for it?

What if your wonderful career was dumped by those in charge of you and out sourced?

What if you then lost your insurance and you or a family member became very sick?

You might stop your vacations, drop the cable bill, decrease your car insurance but the bills pilling up just was too much. Next you go into forclosure. Now you are looking for help for a place to sleep and are strapped with a lifetime debt you could never repay.
Ok, let's play this what if game. What if all of the above happened. That's Wall Streets fault? The Governments fault?

If you're "Called off to war" it's because you enlisted in the military, and being called off to war happens when you're in the military. It's not just playing with guns for a while. Whether or not you like the war isn't part of the deal, you enlist, you fight.

If your career was "dumped" there was a reason. Maybe the union you belong to was asking for too many "benefits" and dues and crazy higher wages so the company needed to move somewhere where they could still make the products or provide the service at a reasonable price to their consumers and the only way to do it was to move away from the union based jobs. Maybe if people didn't think that every job in the world were supposed to make you rich, and stop the crazy wage increases for no-skilled labor, maybe companies would stop needing to move outside of the country to provide inexpensive products and services!

If a family member gets sick and you gather a ton of medical bills... well, that's gonna happen if you have insurance or not. Life happens. It's hard, it's sad, but you can't blame everyone for life happening. You pick yourself up and deal with it. And believe me, I know that this can be done because I've done it, and I've watched/helped others to do it. You don't HAVE to wallow in self pitty because you have medical bills that you can't repay. You do your best with what you have and keep going.

Life happens to everyone. It's not always easy, it's not always pretty, and it's certainly not always fun. That's just the way it is. You deal with it the best you can and go on. You don't sit around waiting for someone else to deal with it and complain that someone else has a better life than you. That does nothing for anyone, especially yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies