Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the Wall St. protesters?
Yes 157 51.48%
No 148 48.52%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 10:03 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post

Coulter was strangely silent about the teabagger mobs...

Maybe she's coming out of Palin and Bachman's shadow

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 10:06 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,084,813 times
Ann Coulter nails it with regards to the Wall Street Loiterers

Coulter has never nailed anything but her admirers.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:08 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
If you were unemployed, who would you point to and say it's their responsibility to give you a job?
Me? Despite my very high level of education and qualifications (trust me on this), I was unemployed and underemployed for most of the past decade. Why? I chose a field that had very few opportunities, I didn't go into something else when I could or should have, and the economy tanked. What did I do? At first I went into a deep, deep depression, got out of it and worked on and off the grid (hustled) to survive. And when I got a job, and got another one, I held on to both of them and continue to work two jobs now. I took responsibility for myself, because I had to. But I'm not sitting here being sanctimonious and blaming others for their misfortunes who maybe are as intelligent as I am (or more), or as hard-working as I am (or more), who have not been able to find work and who have lost jobs and lives because of it. Because in a Darwinian society such as ours, luck is as important as hard work. Just because you work hard and do the right thing doesn't mean you'll succeed. I've seen that firsthand. And that's what the Herman Cains of this world don't understand, and that is why a man like him, who would otherwise have my respect, does not have my respect.

Quote:
Not a vague, blame the rich argument, but as an attempt to solve your problem, to what individual or individuals would you point and say they have failed in their responsibility to provide you a job?
We have all failed. For the most affluent country in the world to have this high a rate of unemployment and lack of access to healthcare is unconscionable.

And you cannot say that the double whammy of corporate outsourcing and influx of H1Bs to do work that Americans should be doing is not also a factor.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:10 AM

13,693 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Ah, well. I imagine that Thomas Jefferson would be all for these Americans engaging in protest. "Every generation needs a new revolution".

As for Mr. Cain: telling millions of unemployed people that they are to blame is not the best political move one can make.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:13 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Ah, well. I imagine that Thomas Jefferson would be all for these Americans engaging in protest. "Every generation needs a new revolution".

As for Mr. Cain: telling millions of unemployed people that they are to blame is not the best political move one can make.
staging them as victims is not the best political move.
Blaming others for your plight in life in this country is a victims mentality that only the neoprogs undertsand

Old 10-06-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Here we see the sick mentality of the left.
A person comes out and endorses personal responsibility .The left attacks taking personal responsibility.
Look at my last post. I'll tell you what's sick, though.

I am a man, an individual. I have always taken personal responsibility for myself. But an individual who takes personal responsibility for himself has no say in whether his job gets taken away, or why there are no others to replace it. Are those people who lost everything in the stock market crash a couple of years ago (401Ks, etc) and lost their jobs and then lost their homes due to foreclosure to blame for this? Personal responsibility?

According to you lemming right-wingers, who listen to the empty and cynical platitudes of the rich monied class, the same ones who rip you off and then try to make you feel as if it's the poor and not them who are screwing you, the collapse of jobs and the economy is the fault of those who are the ones most adversely affected by these forces. Talk about sick mentality? That's some sick-ass mentality there. And what kills me is that the middle class and poor, who are affected most by the greed of the upper class, fall for this idiocy.

Quote:
The country is going to hell because people will not take personal responsibility, its the riches fault, its the poors fault, it the white mans fault, it is the black mans and of course the ultimate blame its is Bushes but never accept personal responisbilty if you are on the left . the left wants to blame others for every problem, blame someone else be a victim, do not take responsibility for your own actions.
part of the country is going to hell because the left wants to blame everyone for thre failure of an individual.
So let one consvertavive black man speak the truth and its his fault.

Wake up, sir. That's my only advice for you.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:24 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,097,534 times
Does this mean that the right-wingers will stop blaming Obama?

Old 10-06-2011, 10:25 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,940,293 times
Default An Open Letter to the Self-Proclaimed ’99%’

An Open Letter to the Self-Proclaimed ’99%’

Quote:
Self-delusion is no way to go through life, but it’s clear from perusing the “We Are the 99 Percent” web site that self-delusion has become an epidemic. Anyone who believes that they represent 99% of Americans, without any supporting evidence, doesn’t. Deluding yourself that you do leaves you unprepared for opposition and rejection.

The 99 percent site reminds me of the “Sorry Everybody” site, on which liberals posted photographs of themselves apologizing to the world for the re-election of George W. Bush.

snip
Two examples how stupidly dumb these filthy 99%'s are:

30K in student loans and $30K in credit card debt for a BA in Theatre?

This retard is lucky he landed a Starbucks job.

10 years in school going for a BA in Psychology and Sociology...And wait....It gets better....

...he's only a junior

Last edited by nicet4; 10-06-2011 at 10:45 AM..

Old 10-06-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Many people lived beyond their means.. buying homes they could not afford, running up debt and living as if their was no tomorrow.

Sure . There are many who lost jobs and there is a safety net to give them time to find a job. Yet there are people who juggle three jobs as Herman Cain's father did to make ends meet.
Where the hell are these jobs? Please let me know.

Quote:

Cain knows hard times and saw his dad going after the american dream and not complaining or looking for a hand out.
If he knows hard times, he's not acting like it.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:29 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,097,534 times
How hard could Cain's life have been? He had a dad who was willing to work three jobs to support his kids!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies