Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 04:38 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,968,251 times

Advertisements

duplicate thread here: //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...wn-4-days.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 04:41 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,942,243 times
They aren't being attacked. They just preemptively closed all your accounts, since every customer was going to anyway. Being customer-centric as they are, they did it to save you hassle.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:59 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,461,661 times
All the friggin fees, imposed on to us. here a fee, there a fee, to many fee fees. If it ain't getting us one way, boy how they think of another!

Old 10-03-2011, 06:18 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,438,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Does anybody think it's a coincidence that the bofa website and online banking has been down/slow ever since they announced the $5 debt card charge?

I'm sure there are a flood of people closing their account now, and I'm about to be one of them after today. The free market truly at work.
Something is up with them. I use Mint.com and have been unable to update my BOA account for about a week which is my main account. They better get on the ball or I'll move my money to my credit union just based on that alone.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:41 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,277,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Something is up with them. I use Mint.com and have been unable to update my BOA account for about a week which is my main account. They better get on the ball or I'll move my money to my credit union just based on that alone.
the website is working.

you can always call your local branch or visit it. most are now open till 6pm.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:07 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,683,601 times
I'm just a bystander, having left BOA years ago....but they just closed a busy branch near me.

Several of the other big banks are building branches as fast as they can around here. BOA is closing branches...just makes me wonder.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:36 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,344,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Read:
It says the HOME PAGE is unavailable, not the website. Simply click "Continue to Online Banking" and you're in...

Old 10-03-2011, 07:38 PM

7,371 posts, read 16,027,772 times
Here's an explanation for why they're charging these fees and getting rid of free checking:
The Durbin Fee : Amendment to Dodd-Frank Will Cost Debit Card Users. Hold on to your wallets.

That said, I'm all with the people who encourage folks to deal with good and honest local banks and credit unions--the "not too big to fail" bunch.
Catherin Austin Fitts has info regarding the move from the big banks: Solari | The Solari Report

Old 10-03-2011, 09:02 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,228,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
BOA is closing branches...just makes me wonder.
BOA is laying off 30,000 workers, which very likely will worsen customer service, and now the debit card fee? Not exactly good public relations or good timing. Got stuck with BOA in the 90's when my then bank, Security Pacific was absorbed by them. Have had several issues with them over the years, but as of now, my checking account is still free and my credit card does not have a yearly fee. Have never used a debit card for that purpose in my life, mine is used as an ATM card only, nothing more, so the five buck a month fee will have no impact on my habits. Prefer to shop the old fashioned way, cash or a seldom used credit card, no checks or debit cards. In case you missed it, BOA will not charge fees for ATM transactions, at least not yet, although can see that coming down the road. If and when they hit me with fees of any kind, will be gone. Besides the still no fees accounts, the main reason I have stayed with them so long is the fact that their ATMs are everywhere, even in a few out of the way places, quite handy when traveling and a little cash is needed.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:41 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,051,867 times
EMERGENCY UPDATE: Bank of America Website Down, Today's Stock Price $5.53

EMERGENCY UPDATE: Bank of America Website Down, Today's Stock Price $5.53 - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies