Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 11:17 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanygirl View Post
How dare you be so dismissive of this persons situation...Maybe you need to walk a mile in their shoes..and if you think you've already done it then you need to do it again because you didn't learn empathy and compassion the first time.
little do you know..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 11:17 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
The smart CEOs would start taking pay cuts to improve employee morale.

Old 10-11-2011, 12:48 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
Why is it wrong for CEOs to make money?
Why is it wrong for businesses to make money?

People need to stop going OMG THE BIG BANKSTERS N CEOS R EVIL N CURRUPT!.. No, they pretty much purchased laws and tax evasions from the government. Can you BLAME them? Why NOT maximize your profits if you have a business to run? It's the government that allowed these people to do what they are doing. Stop being fooled into thinking it's these biiiig evil corporations.. Oh wait, I'm sorry. It's only Banks, Walmart, and McDonalds. Apple and Whole Foods are "not like other corporations" corporations.. >_>
There is nothing wrong with making money. But there comes a point where a person has earned and accumulated and made enough PERIOD! There is absolutely no reason why one single human being needs to own millions of acres ala Ted Turner and other land holding elites. There is absolutely no reason why the CEO of Amgen deserves to make $20 million a year on top of millions in stock options etc. Using your brilliant logic eventually it would/should be ok in your eyes for one person to own the entire United States and everything in it. I mean 100 years from now when our economy is pretty much automated and no one works that could be a real possibility. But you'd have no problem with that rigth?

What I find hilarious about Americans is they consider themselves "christians" yet they are some of the most materialistic, hyperconsumptive, greedy people in the world. Jesus doesn't need a mcmansion, a Lexus, and designer jeans, apple Iphones etc. I'm sure jesus if he were alive would be disgusted at the way Christian Americans live and the complete gluttony they partake in. But that is if you believe in such fairy tale nonsense in the first place. LOL.......Americans are clueless and that is why our country is circling the drain.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:09 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I don't know what "too much" means. Is there a $ amount that should be the max or what?

Old 10-11-2011, 02:35 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I find it funny that people complain that CEOs make too much money. Has it crossed anyone's mind that not all CEOs are the same? I think, for the most part, people are actually angry at CEOs on the Fortune 100 list, the same list that has corporations that most intensely lobby the government to become corrupt for them, and to push for globalist policies that are bad with the American worker.
Pretty much. I actually have a lot of respect for most CEO's, so long as they played by all the rules and got to their position based on merit. What I can't stand is the fat cats who have armies of lobbyists in Washington who are working tirelessly to screw over the middle and lower classes. Those who engage in "class warfare" except from the top down.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:03 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Yes CEOs are making way too much...In 1980, BusinessWeek magazine estimated that the top executives of the largest U.S. companies made 42 times the pay of factory workers. In 2010, the gap between CEO pay at S&P 500 companies and the median U.S. worker had soared to 343 times worker's pay. Why CEO-to-Worker Pay Ratios Matter to Investors — The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation

Old 10-11-2011, 03:05 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
For years I've been hearing people complaining about what ceo's make in comparison to their workers. My question is for those who have problems with what they make what exactly can be done about it?
Why does it even matter? Destroy all the rich people and it won't help a single poor person at all, ever.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:08 AM

America's highest paid executives.

CEO Compensation, 2011

Old 10-11-2011, 03:12 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moionfire View Post
The problem is that the average salary and wage of americans have been stagnant while CEO pay has skyrocketed. So, yes CEO's are making too much. Companies need to justify the pay they give to lower management and bottom workers compared to the executives.
No it hasn't and you're a complete liar. Sure you can pick a group of people T the top of their game and make some dramatic claim about all CEOs using 40 people or you could always use facts and realize someone tried to play you by making you angry at a straw man.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Why does it even matter? Destroy all the rich people and it won't help a single poor person at all, ever.
How on earth do you think these people are getting rich? They are the ones that are creating many of the poor by not paying them what they should.

I don't think anyone is interested in destroying the wealthy, they just want the greed to stop and are tired of being shafted by those in power who are controlled by the people with money.

For instance Stephen Hemsley, CEO of United Health Group ( UnitedHealth Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) draws a salary of 101.96 million per year. No doubt he also gets bonuses and other perks... This unbalance is one of the main reasons your health care cost are out of control.
http://www.forbes.com/lists/2011/12/...n-11_rank.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies