Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 04:00 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,434,359 times

Advertisements

The worst administration in history regarding medical pot continues it's assault..

Quote:
In their unrelenting quest to kill legal medical marijuana dead, President Barack Obama and the United States Department of Justice appear content to incur collateral damage.

Last week, property owners who rent to dispensaries were informed that the federal government could seize their properties within 45 days; this week, one of the four United States attorneys who declared open season on anything connected to state-legal cannabis told California Watch that the fourth estate is next. Specifically, the administration says any publication -- from print to web to broadcasting -- that accepts advertisements from medical marijuana businesses could face prosecution.

-----

... Yet this may be a prosecution too far, says Liz Enochs, president of the Northern California chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. "Regardless of how you feel about medical marijuana, this is about economics -- and, by extension, the First Amendment," she said. "An attack on the business model of news organizations could be seen as a de facto attack on the press."
http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2011/10/now_obama_w...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 04:38 PM

760 posts, read 685,816 times
Un-progress.

Old 10-13-2011, 04:39 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,273,675 times
I don't see an issue here. Using a property to engage in illegal activities (and selling marijuana is illegal not matter its form) can be confiscated by the federal authorities. Just like how cars are impounded if they are used to transport illegal aliens or illegal drugs across the border.

Until Medical Marijuana is legalized on the Federal level, Marijuana is still an illegal drug.

I'm against all of this, but the issues is very basic: Marijuana is illegal.

Old 10-13-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
I don't see an issue here. Using a property to engage in illegal activities (and selling marijuana is illegal not matter its form) can be confiscated by the federal authorities. Just like how cars are impounded if they are used to transport illegal aliens or illegal drugs across the border.

Until Medical Marijuana is legalized on the Federal level, Marijuana is still an illegal drug.

I'm against all of this, but the issues is very basic: Marijuana is illegal.
You do realize this crackdown just started recently. Obama never seemed to think the fed versus state thing was a problem in the past..

While campaigning in NH in 2007, Obama said "I would not have the Justice Department prosecuting and raiding medical marijuana users. It's not a good use of our resources."

Barack Obama on Medical Marijuana Raids - YouTube

Then as president in March 2009, we had the Ogden Memo in which AG Holder said "the administration would effectively end the Bush administration’s frequent raids on distributors of medical marijuana."

Obama Administration to Stop Raids on Medical Marijuana Dispensers - NYTimes.com

I realize Obama is not going to push to legalize pot, but are those of us who care about access to MM in the 16 states where it's legal just supposed to accept his lies as embodied in this policy shift?

Old 10-13-2011, 04:57 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
While campaigning in NH in 2007
Yeah, he's broken a lot of campaign promises, hasn't he?

Old 10-13-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah, he's broken a lot of campaign promises, hasn't he?
Sure has...way waay too many for me.

Old 10-13-2011, 05:01 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
I'm still at a loss why DOJ is being so heavy handed here.

I have no problem at all with medical marijuana and those that use it, actually NEED it.

Old 10-13-2011, 05:06 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,998 times
I find it strange that Obama will go after the MM businesses yet won't go after sanctuary cities.

Strange priorities. Giving guns to the cartels and now giving them more customers.

Old 10-13-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I'm still at a loss why DOJ is being so heavy handed here.

I have no problem at all with medical marijuana and those that use it, actually NEED it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I find it strange that Obama will go after the MM businesses yet won't go after sanctuary cities.

Strange priorities. Giving guns to the cartels and now giving them more customers.
I don't understand it either. Since a large majority of Americans support the use of MM, there's no obvious political advantage to be gained by this..

Though I have read speculation that this crackdown is the administration's attempt to deflect attention away from Fast and Furious..

Old 10-13-2011, 05:35 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
I wouldn't vote for someone based on what they say about marijuana, it's really a non issue with all the real problems in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies