Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 05:43 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The Medicaid program, fraught with corruption and fraud, will be eliminated except for the purpose of providing emergency room care to indigent non-citizens who will not be covered by the single-payer program.
Straight from the horses mouth. A single payer system and no Medicaid.

But when the Tea Party calls for REFORM, all we hear are cries of "you hate poor people!"

Anyone on the Left care to explain this particular nugget? Reform is problematic when it comes from conservatives, but not when its OWS/99%?

Do you support this or not?

https://sites.google.com/site/the99percentdeclaration/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 05:50 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
No, I do not support it. Block grants to the states for Medicaid as Ron Paul has proposed are the best way to get the services where they are needed and cut corruption on the federal end.

Those who are responsible enough to pay their own health insurance and save their money for their medical care should not have to be bound to any government health plan as mandated by single payer or Obamacare, period. It removes the personal liberty of the pursuit of LIFE.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:52 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Single payer? Hell yes! That would be an upgrade from Medicare and it would lower costs.

More good ideas from OWS.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:53 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times
Interesting. You're right.

Quote:
Medicare for all American citizens or another single-payer healthcare system, adjusted by a means test (i.e. citizens who can afford it may opt-out and pay their own health insurance or opt-in and pay a means tested premium). The Medicaid program, fraught with corruption and fraud, will be eliminated except for the purpose of providing emergency room care to indigent non-citizens who will not be covered by the single-payer program.
Eliminate Medicaid and have Medicare for all...

Old 10-19-2011, 05:54 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
I've seen estimates there are upwards of 60 billion a year in medicare fraud. Now Obama had a plan to fix all that and said this is how he will pay for his healthcare plan but we have to pass it for him to let us in on his little secret to stop all the fraud. Well it's passed. Anybody seen any of this fraud being snuffed out as I haven't?

Old 10-19-2011, 06:05 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,054,512 times
How is it hating poor people to want a single payor health system, that cares for everyone, and a system the rest of the world has?

Public single payor has 1/3rd the administrative costs as private, we are being outstripped in rankings of quality (including suffering lower quality when cost is a factor) by other first world nations with it, and we have 20% of our population not covered by health insurance.

That certainly is not a comparison to the Tea Party that just wants to get rid of any and all Medicaid type offerings to leave those who can't afford care to just drop dead. I guess that would lower costs if all the sick people died, I wonder how many Tea Partiers are covered by those programs...

Old 10-19-2011, 06:18 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Hells yeah. We like it.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:37 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Straight from the horses mouth. A single payer system and no Medicaid.

But when the Tea Party calls for REFORM, all we hear are cries of "you hate poor people!"

Anyone on the Left care to explain this particular nugget? Reform is problematic when it comes from conservatives, but not when its OWS/99%?

Do you support this or not?

https://sites.google.com/site/the99percentdeclaration/
If we had a medicare for all system, why would we still need medicaid?

Are you really that slow?

Old 10-19-2011, 06:40 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I've seen estimates there are upwards of 60 billion a year in medicare fraud. Now Obama had a plan to fix all that and said this is how he will pay for his healthcare plan but we have to pass it for him to let us in on his little secret to stop all the fraud. Well it's passed. Anybody seen any of this fraud being snuffed out as I haven't?
Obama has hired more investigators to root out fraud, and guess what? More fraud has been rooted out. Its so easy to understand that even a conservative might figure it out.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:41 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Pelosi said it was closer to $500 billion and it would pay for obamacare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies