Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 06:46 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times

Advertisements

This just shows now little people paid attention to the new healthcare law.Meciaid will increase rolls under it by perhaps 15 millon. Tose 15 millio will not be allowed to joi the pools being creaqt even if they want to. Its all part of the markup i cost. Rememebr that staes pay a share of medicaid cost. From 2014 until 2017 the federqal governaqmnt will pay for thsoe increrased cost. The states take over the additional cost of thsoe added. Thus lower federal cost in covering those people. Remmeebr the Nelsen (D) exemtion that he said would abnkrupt his state;those are costthat his sate got a exemption for his vote.thus the states will face a huge increase in medicaid cost startig in 2017 and shiftig people inot that and medicare in certaqin income groups lowers cost. in medicare it makes them pay some of teh cost ';adds co-pays and bascailly covers only 80% of allowed cost charegd by providers.When you see that cost to medciare in paying providers is scheduled to be 30% of average of what priavte insurance pays ;you can easliy see what will happen to those covered by it and medicaid.

Last edited by texdav; 10-19-2011 at 07:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 06:50 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,399,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Straight from the horses mouth. A single payer system and no Medicaid.

But when the Tea Party calls for REFORM, all we hear are cries of "you hate poor people!"

Anyone on the Left care to explain this particular nugget? Reform is problematic when it comes from conservatives, but not when its OWS/99%?

Do you support this or not?

https://sites.google.com/site/the99percentdeclaration/

Glad to see you're finally coming around!!! Better to hear it from the horses mouth then the other end. I'm all for single payer.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:53 PM

7,934 posts, read 9,158,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
If we had a medicare for all system, why would we still need medicaid?

Are you really that slow?
You don't know the difference between Medicare and Medicaid. Medicaid covers things that Medicare doesn't: long term care in both home settings and nursing homes for both adults and children, school based therapies for handicapped children, and certain programs that cover home modifications for handicapped children. Medicare covers only short term episodes of care.

What happens to those handicapped children and adults if Medicaid is ended? Medicare doesn't provide what they need.

Last edited by NSHL10; 10-19-2011 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 10-19-2011, 06:58 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,207,970 times
I think you're jumping at straws without more details to clarify what they're asking for. Personally, I think this is a wish list. They'll get some, and they won't get others. As long as they start with the most important things first--cleaning up the corruption and putting some regs back on the financial industry, I'm a happy camper. The rest can be debated later.

I love it that they want to provide incentives/rewards for companies to hire here at home

Old 10-19-2011, 06:58 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,329,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Pelosi said it was closer to $500 billion and it would pay for obamacare.
Yep, and isn't that what the CBO double counted in their projections too?

Old 10-19-2011, 07:08 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Single payer? Hell yes! That would be an upgrade from Medicare and it would lower costs.

More good ideas from OWS.
BE IT RESOLVED THAT:

WE, THE NINETY-NINE PERCENT OF THE PEOPLE of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, in order to form a more perfect Union, by, for and of the PEOPLE, shall elect and convene a NATIONAL GENERAL ASSEMBLY beginning on July 4, 2012 in the City Of Philadelphia.

Who in hell are these people to declare me one of their 99%? I don't remember being asked if I support that group and certainly they lost one of the people they are trying to make part of them when they tried to get this thing going. I support that Constitution of the United States and do not see anything very Constitutional in this thing. They talk about the Constitution but fail to realize that they are taking it to the side as they try to do something that is just in violation of the Constitution.

Nope, they went too far when they claimed me as one of them and I imagine they will find that a large majority of the people of this nation will not be going along with them. Far left reasoners, like you, may go along with them but I can't make it.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Interesting. You're right.

Eliminate Medicaid and have Medicare for all...
Where do you suggest we get the money to do what you suggest? Of course, I am sure you would be in favor of taking every penny spent on defense but where else do you want it to come from. Do you want any of it to come from those who pay no income taxes now?

Old 10-19-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Hells yeah. We like it.
You don't really like this piece of tripe that I think a group of left leaning college professors worked long and hard to write, do you? Do you think that this thing is in any way constitutional? It seems that any time a group of people considers itself to be a majority of our people they can do something like this and get by with it? Somehow I don't think you really do.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
If we had a medicare for all system, why would we still need medicaid?

Are you really that slow?
Jeez H., is that whole thing about the kind of medical care this group wants to have when the finish destroying our Constitution? All I see here is that they want to destroy that document since they think they have the right to declare all of us who don't make a certain amount of money members of their group. When they talk about 99% I fail to see how so many of us are in their group. Maybe you can explain this to me since I am slow.

How do you propose to pay for that medical care you talk about? Borrow more money from China? It won't work.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:18 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Tyhere will be mno savings as mediaid is the cheapest plan to cover thsoe popel who bascailly are at the bottom. Its the natural thinkig that you can elimnate and not have anothig paln. At what is allowed in cost to provders it may cost less because mnay will not except it more and more.It alos is a bump inthe raod to cost of one payer system. 500 billio in medicare cuts by Obama was just a strat onObama care cost. The reason their is not a one payer plan was esasy to see i the fianail committeee hearings;no one wanted to pay anyhtign execpt tax business. As it is they are starting to drop some coverage in the plan already.Mnay that favor such drops alos favfor no medicare;droppig company provided inurance and goig on a pay as you go basis perosnally. that could leand to what yopu see in china ;where you have cash up front ot your not admitted to hospital or dcotor treatemnt. That is one of the big reasons they have a 40% savings rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies