Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2011, 08:51 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,674,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That is certainly not the truth. I work with a libyan gentleman and he told me about the murders gadaffi committed which was the reason so many had to flee the country over the decades.
Qaddaffi was so bad, you'd think that anything would be better, let's hope it will be better.

It could be that all we did was break the country with a big hammer, and some new tyrant is going to pick up that hammer and rule over the people, making the era of Qaddaffi look like the good old days by comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 08:55 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,943,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post

It could be that all we did was break the country with a big hammer, and some new tyrant is going to pick up that hammer and rule over the people, making the era of Qaddaffi look like the good old days by comparison.
Looks like Egypt is heading that route. Won't be surprised if Libya follows suit.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:57 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Qaddaffi was so bad, you'd think that anything would be better, let's hope it will be better.

That is what a pessimist would say.....

Old 10-22-2011, 10:15 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,045,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That is certainly not the truth. I work with a libyan gentleman and he told me about the murders gadaffi committed which was the reason so many had to flee the country over the decades.
Not true...

Libya Truth (DnB Soundtrack) - YouTube

Old 10-22-2011, 10:41 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,815,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Good post! I see you're new here too, so I repped ya! Welcome aboard!
Thanks...it will take me a while to get with the format...getting back to the killing of the dismissed dictator. I hear they have the corpse in some sort of supermarket cool bin....The place where they usually keep the vegitables...kind of like on sale...

So this is the society that the allies wasted a lot of time money and munitions on ...could you imagine if it was Bush all dolled up and laying in state alone with the cabbage and carrots....The stupiest thing that is going around is that Obama is some sort of hero...as if he suited up in commado gear...and leaped on the old guys back and cut his throat personally - so damned silly ...It is the theatre of the absurd...Maybe Obama had better stop taking cheap shots and tell his greedy elitist handlers to stop plundering from their own citizens..now that would be heroic!

Old 10-22-2011, 10:47 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,560,769 times
Quote:

Everybody in Libya had housing, a car, healthcare, education, including college, all provided by Gaddafi - yes, those were the good ol days.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:50 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,815,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Yes the guy was a tyrant...and yes a mad dog - but remember in his youth - the guy did bring about positive changes...I guess that he slowly got crazy as time went on...I do remember years ago that Khdaffi brought Lybia out of the stone age and into the modern world...but like all - American puppets - he out lived his usefulness...and became allienated from the international oil mafia - just like Saddam...so what is next of Lybia....the same fate as the damaged and destroyed Iraq.........This mess is cause by faulty,shifty and self serving American policy...You can not make a deal with evil and expect the out come to be good...It always ends badly...as it did in this instance. All you have now is a damaged infrastructure - and oil vultures over head coming in to feed.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:05 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,316,014 times
The issue isn't "dictatorship", rather it is "sovereignty".

Financial sovereignty, that is!

I mean, look at Norway. Fiat money!

If money is real, it has power.

It must be destroyed and replaced with communist money.

How many commie dollar bills are in YOUR wallet, Viking!

Old 10-22-2011, 11:13 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,560,769 times
In 2004, Chavez was awarded the Qaddafi International Prize for Human Rights, a prize granted by the Libyan leader. Cuba’s Fidel Castro and Nicaragua’s Daniel Ortega have also won the award.
http://english.alarabiya.net/article...21/172846.html

Maybe what we've been told about these leaders is a lie too. I do know that sanctions on a country, only hurt the people of that country, not the rulers.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:29 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,316,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
In 2004, Chavez was awarded the Qaddafi International Prize for Human Rights, a prize granted by the Libyan leader. Cuba’s Fidel Castro and Nicaragua’s Daniel Ortega have also won the award.
Venezuela

Maybe what we've been told about these leaders is a lie too. I do know that sanctions on a country, only hurt the people of that country, not the rulers.
I think the plan calls for sanctioning Libya AFTER mission accomplished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies