Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 10:53 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,872,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Black schoolboys underachieving because 'academic success is seen as gay' - Telegraph

I thought academic success just meant that you were "acting white". Now it means you're gay too?
Apparently poor and stupid = cool in their world.

What a bright future these imbeciles have.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:22 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Apparently poor and stupid = cool in their world.

What a bright future these imbeciles have.
Why worry about being smart when they can just have easy handouts? That, to me, is bailing them out of their stupidity

Old 10-23-2011, 05:51 AM

20,349 posts, read 19,937,992 times
I guess kids from India must be real flamers.

Where are these morons moms and dads in all of this bulls*it? That's who needs to be cracking the academic whip.

Old 10-23-2011, 06:40 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Black schoolboys underachieving because 'academic success is seen as gay' - Telegraph

I thought academic success just meant that you were "acting white". Now it means you're gay too?
Honestly based on personal experience he is not too far off the mark. He certainly makes more sense the myriad of liberals who come up with all kinds of reasons why black boys don't perform well in school.

Old 10-23-2011, 06:45 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,377,286 times
I don't think the word "gay" is explicitly being used to denote homosexuality. Take a look at the third definition from the urban dictionary.
Urban Dictionary: gay

It's more like antarez suggested. Studying and working hard isn't COOL. Chillin' and acting like a badazz is. By the way there is also social pressure on teen girls not to be academic overachievers. It hurts the fragile male teen egos and the guys aren't interested in smart girls.

Let's face it, as a society we do not value education. Isn't the term "self-made man" a high compliment? Don't we even have people on this subforum speaking derisively of a college education, as if there is some kind or dishonor in entering a structured program to get a degree? Nawww, let's just read some books, go to the "University of the Internet" to get whatever info I need. Or how about the "you don't use most of what you learn in college anyway" line? Kids of all colors are getting the message that you do not need to work hard to get ahead. Just be COOL.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:08 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,483,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
I don't think the word "gay" is explicitly being used to denote homosexuality. Take a look at the third definition from the urban dictionary.
Urban Dictionary: gay

It's more like antarez suggested. Studying and working hard isn't COOL. Chillin' and acting like a badazz is. By the way there is also social pressure on teen girls not to be academic overachievers. It hurts the fragile male teen egos and the guys aren't interested in smart girls.

Let's face it, as a society we do not value education. Isn't the term "self-made man" a high compliment? Don't we even have people on this subforum speaking derisively of a college education, as if there is some kind or dishonor in entering a structured program to get a degree? Nawww, let's just read some books, go to the "University of the Internet" to get whatever info I need. Or how about the "you don't use most of what you learn in college anyway" line? Kids of all colors are getting the message that you do not need to work hard to get ahead. Just be COOL.
It is much more important to have your underpants showing, and to have your pants hanging at your knees, and to have drugs and a cell phone, than it is to support your family.

EVERYONE KNOWS THAT.

School is what you make it. The problem is that FAR too many think that it's just another place to get bitxhes pregnant. FAR too many of the bitxhes think that it's cool to get high and get tatooes on their crotches, so that they look cool to the bangers. Spreading legs is as common as getting your photo taken for the yearbook.

It is common knowledge that an upstanding man in today's environ uses a gun, sells drugs and gets *****, to prove his manhood. Obama just keeps giving them welfare.

Why should girls be smart ( and they're not ) when their men are stupid as hell?

Oh yeah, girls have decided to stoop to changing diapers for the child of that someone with a penis who isn't home every night, just to get Obama money.

It's Love.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:04 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,570,586 times
^ well Obama gives welfare to more white people than blacks and I find it funny that you would blame President Obama for under achieving black students in Britain! Now go find some "darkie" who will wash your "white hood".

Old 10-23-2011, 08:04 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Honestly based on personal experience he is not too far off the mark. He certainly makes more sense the myriad of liberals who come up with all kinds of reasons why black boys don't perform well in school.
What personal experience?

Old 10-23-2011, 10:21 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
It is common knowledge that an upstanding man in today's environ uses a gun, sells drugs and gets *****, to prove his manhood. Obama just keeps giving them welfare.

Why should girls be smart ( and they're not ) when their men are stupid as hell?

Oh yeah, girls have decided to stoop to changing diapers for the child of that someone with a penis who isn't home every night, just to get Obama money.

It's Love.
The news story has nothing to do with Obama. It's not even about the United States.

Obama Derangement Syndrome strikes again.

Old 10-23-2011, 02:36 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,262,684 times
These are all good points. However, it is more difficult to solve this problem when many black parents make a point of telling their kids that they would rather have them be a crackhead, pimp or jailbird than be gay and successful. I am not surprised at all by this article.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.