Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 08:55 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,587,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Two boys were punished this week for refusing to kneel on prayer mats and worship Allah during a class demonstration on Islam, the Daily Mail reported.
Irate parents said a religious education teacher at the Alsager High School in England told students to wear Muslim headgear during a lesson on Tuesday. "But if Muslims were asked to go to church on Sunday and take Holy Communion, there would be war," the grandfather of one of the students said.
"Diversity training" or "theocracy indoctrination", whatever you want to call this, it will be coming to a school near to you if action is not taken to prevent this kind of perversion now! Get the children young and you have their minds and bodies for life; I'm paraphrasing that maniacal fiend, Adolph Hitler!

FOXNews.com - Report: Schoolboys Get Detention for Refusing to Pray to Allah - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 08:56 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Guess you can just about stick a fork in England.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:09 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Learning about other cultures and religions is a great way to broaden the mind. Still, the teacher went way over the line on this one. To force those boys to pray to Allah as a muslim would, not only runs the risk of treading on those boys religous beliefs, but also makes a mockery of Islam. It would be like 'playing communioin' and having random school kids pass out pieces of bread and expect them to understand catholicism. Very sloppy teaching, imho.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Guess you can just about stick a fork in England.
As long as the fork doesn't involve pork! HAHAHA! Wouldn't want to offend any Muslims/Islamics in the grand British tradition of being a country of a-holes!

Old 07-05-2008, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Learning about other cultures and religions is a great way to broaden the mind. Still, the teacher went way over the line on this one. To force those boys to pray to Allah as a muslim would, not only runs the risk of treading on those boys religous beliefs, but also makes a mockery of Islam. It would be like 'playing communioin' and having random school kids pass out pieces of bread and expect them to understand catholicism. Very sloppy teaching, imho.
Not "sloppy teaching" when the object lesson was to force Islamic practices upon the students, that's called "indoctrination"!

Old 07-05-2008, 10:28 PM

3,531 posts, read 2,595,663 times
I see it was in that organ of Nazi revivalism The Mail eh?? Do Americans really put so much store in what is universally thought of in the UK as a totally one sided and selective piece of Daily ass wipe material??
I`m certainly no pinko. But when it comes to news I prefer the whole truth of a story and not just the pieces that suit a particular newspapers agenda.There will be a story like this every day in the Mail. Many of which are followed by a two line apology a week or two later. It was interesting to see, I`ve searched, that no other UK daily reported it. Even this Mail columnist, and fair play to him, is pointing out the way stories are being twisted. Although he does fall short of mentioning his own rag. Presumeably for paycheck reasons.
Peter Oborne: Newspapers are demonising Muslims - Press Gazette

Still the feeble minded have never questioned what is fed to them. So why should anyone expect more thought from them now???

Old 07-05-2008, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINCOLNSHIRE View Post
I see it was in that organ of Nazi revivalism The Mail eh?? Do Americans really put so much store in what is universally thought of in the UK as a totally one sided and selective piece of Daily ass wipe material??
I`m certainly no pinko. But when it comes to news I prefer the whole truth of a story and not just the pieces that suit a particular newspapers agenda.There will be a story like this every day in the Mail. Many of which are followed by a two line apology a week or two later. It was interesting to see, I`ve searched, that no other UK daily reported it. Even this Mail columnist, and fair play to him, is pointing out the way stories are being twisted. Although he does fall short of mentioning his own rag. Presumeably for paycheck reasons.
Peter Oborne: Newspapers are demonising Muslims - Press Gazette

Still the feeble minded have never questioned what is fed to them. So why should anyone expect more thought from them now???
Fox News would not have run the story if there was no validity to it. Fox's UK news is provided by their sister network, Sky News. There are many incidents of reported Muslim/Islamic pandering in the US e.g, schools and airports providing foot baths for Muslims at taxpayer expense, Muslim checkers in grocery stores being allowed not to ring out customers with pork or pork products, and the list goes on and on...! Want to come to the US and practice your religion, fine, but not at the expense of the non-Muslim population. Don't like that, then get the hell out and go back to whatever s***hole that you crawled out of!

Old 07-05-2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
Fox News would not have run the story if there was no validity to it. Fox's UK news is provided by their sister network, Sky News. There are many incidents of reported Muslim/Islamic pandering in the US e.g, schools and airports providing foot baths for Muslims at taxpayer expense, Muslim checkers in grocery stores being allowed not to ring out customers with pork or pork products, and the list goes on and on...! Want to come to the US and practice your religion, fine, but not at the expense of the non-Muslim population. Don't like that, then get the hell out and go back to whatever s***hole that you crawled out of!
I agree totally. But maybe I would have put it a little differently..
I`ve already posted on another thread that some groups can be their own worst enemies. But the point of my post was the way the Mail reports matters, and NOT the actual issue. If you read the report it is typical Mail. There is NO real explanation of what actually happened. It was one sided and left the true story to pure speculation. Something they are very good at and noted for, and designed to start threads such as this...
Also all the reports quote the Mail story. Other than that there seem to be no independent reports..

Old 07-05-2008, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINCOLNSHIRE View Post
I agree totally. But maybe I would have put it a little differently..
I`ve already posted on another thread that some groups can be their own worst enemies. But the point of my post was the way the Mail reports matters, and NOT the actual issue. If you read the report it is typical Mail. There is NO real explanation of what actually happened. It was one sided and left the true story to pure speculation. Something they are very good at and noted for, and designed to start threads such as this...
Also all the reports quote the Mail story. Other than that there seem to be no independent reports..
My degree of tact is directly related to my "tolerance" of the topic at hand! I call them the way I see it!

Old 07-05-2008, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
My degree of tact is directly related to my "tolerance" of the topic at hand! I call them the way I see it!
And rightly so,,,But I always take alot of salt with the Mail`s style of reporting..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies