Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 04:16 PM

167 posts, read 239,722 times

Advertisements

It will only get worse. I wonder how the "Occupy" movement will react to this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 04:22 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,557,330 times
Sounds like someone was trying to recreate something they saw on youtube. Plenty of plastic bottle bomb videos. Take empty bottle, add certain household chemicals, cap, shake, throw, and wait for explosion. Another possibility is someone there was trying a "shake-n-bake" method to make meth and something went wrong. The ammonia smell makes me thing it was a meth bottle.

Old 10-24-2011, 04:22 PM

529 posts, read 364,372 times
Would it kill someone here to realize we don't all fit into this right wing left wing crap you all love to throw around. I vote Republican 75% of the time 3rd party the other 25%. I am against homosexual marriage if the states ban it and I am for marijuana being legal I am for ending the fed and I am against all the wars we are in and I am against our "intervention" in any other country unless we are attacked first.I am not a freaking right winger or a left winger I am just me! Please try using a little bit of common sense when typing these things.Even though I vote Republican it's because most if not all Democrats I have a chance to vote for are extremely liberal and do not want to end the illegal immigration into my country or are for some other thing I am against.

Old 10-24-2011, 04:26 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,871,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBAguy View Post
It will only get worse. I wonder how the "Occupy" movement will react to this.
It will grow stronger

Old 10-24-2011, 04:29 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,215,536 times
I think people need to stop jumping to conclusions and see what the police find out. What if it really is stupid kids? Whoever they catch needs to have the book thrown at them. Think about this--if it was a radical, hate filled adult, they would have done something guaranteed to cause casualties, and they wouldn't have thrown it at the kitchen.

Old 10-24-2011, 04:30 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,139,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Right wingers attack Occupy Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Operative words - UNKNOWN ASSAILANT
Looks like Ted's the one throwing bombs around...

Old 10-24-2011, 04:31 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,020,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Oh and we're so sure it's Right Wingers. They don't know WHO threw the bomb.

Operative words - UNKNOWN ASSAILANT

Right wingers in Maine?

Pffft. It was a lobstah baaaahm!
There's nothing funny about people being attacked with a chemical bomb. This is in the article you must not have read thoroughly:

[quote] Other witnesses in the area said they saw a silver car stalking around the campgrounds, its occupants taunting protesters with shouted statements such as “Get a job,” and “You Communist,” according to the Press Herald. Investigators suspect a juvenile prank, taken too far:[end quote]

Old 10-24-2011, 04:35 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,557,330 times
[quote=Evenstar51;21418314]There's nothing funny about people being attacked with a chemical bomb. This is in the article you must not have read thoroughly:

Quote:
Other witnesses in the area said they saw a silver car stalking around the campgrounds, its occupants taunting protesters with shouted statements such as “Get a job,” and “You Communist,” according to the Press Herald. Investigators suspect a juvenile prank, taken too far:[end quote]
But it does not say anyone saw them throw the bottle. You should open your mind to the possibility it was the protestors themselves who made the bomb, either intentionally as a joke or accidentally from a bad "shake-n-bake" meth mix.

Old 10-24-2011, 04:36 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,579,372 times
One of 2 things someone dropped their bong or just a plain ole stink bomb talk about hyping up the news

Old 10-24-2011, 04:38 PM

605 posts, read 706,086 times
It's not surprising with how much the protesters (who are exercising their 1st amendment rights) are being vilified by Right-wing media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies