Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 01:18 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times

Advertisements

Seriously though--the tea party has to back off if the r's have any shot of winning in 2012. I'm a moderate R, and I promise you--people like me will not vote for an extremist candidate even if it is an R--lots of us defected in 08 over Sarah Palin being that close to the presidency. Even Pat Robertson--daddy of the radical right evangelical conservative movement, is telling you to tone it down if you want to win. It may be too late though--I think the damage has already been done.

Pat Robertson Feels GOP Extremism Is 'Counterproductive', Christian News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 01:19 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
EC is a conservative - even a TEA party person - he just won't admit it. He says that he believes in the principles behind the movement, but he's bought all the the anti-TEA Party rhetoric - by the pallet.

Hey ec - if Cain got the (R) nomination, who would you vote for?
I would for vote Hillary over cain. I would vote for McCain over cain. Its not about the black thing. I never voted for jesse or sharpton.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:22 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
I wonder why the GOP keeps winning elections.

You know, like that one in BLUE NY or the bell weather in Nevada that saw conservatives come out in droves.

The FACT remains, the vast majority of the country believes exactly what the TP believes in - smaller government, less intrusion, less out of control spending.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Seriously though--the tea party has to back off if the r's have any shot of winning in 2012. I'm a moderate R, and I promise you--people like me will not vote for an extremist candidate even if it is an R--lots of us defected in 08 over Sarah Palin being that close to the presidency. Even Pat Robertson--daddy of the radical right evangelical conservative movement, is telling you to tone it down if you want to win. It may be too late though--I think the damage has already been done.

Pat Robertson Feels GOP Extremism Is 'Counterproductive', Christian News
They cant change who they are.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I wonder why the GOP keeps winning elections.

You know, like that one in BLUE NY or the bell weather in Nevada that saw conservatives come out in droves.

The FACT remains, the vast majority of the country believes exactly what the TP believes in - smaller government, less intrusion, less out of control spending.
This is why I post these articles. And we laugh at Qaddafi's news people for saying he is alive and well.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post

But...if Obama can hold service, AND the Dems can keep the Senate and win back the House (an increasingly acheivable goal), we may see in Obama's second term the kind of dramatic, sweeping progressive correction that we periodically need in this country (1860, 1900, 1934, 1964... 2013? )
I think the tone of the primary has a good chance of backfiring on the tea party and the R party in general--2010 was a throw the bums out type of election, and with nothing accomplished over the last 2 years, and the craziness of the R candidates setting the tone for the R side in the national debate (this is a moderate R talking) it could get really ugly and we could have another major house cleaning.

Why is it so hard to have civil debate and actually try to come up with some answers, vs. all the name calling? People are hungry for it, and frustrated that it's not happening. Congressional approval rating are at 13% because of gridlock--if you think that's going to work in the R's favor, you people are fools

Old 10-25-2011, 01:26 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,029,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
Please fix your thread title. It should read You're (as in "you are") doing fine. Thank you.

I am reminded of the numerous threads touting the intelligence of blue states over red states.
And, you know, how Republicans are back-water hicks, less cultured, etc.
I'm just sayin.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
This is why I post these articles. And we laugh at Qaddafi's news people for saying he is alive and well.
Well, I'll take ACTUALLY election results over a poll anyday. But you go ahead, keep basing your hopes in polls, while the GOP wins the elections.

I wonder if you think the dems will retake the House?

Do you think they'll keep the Senate - with 23 seats up for grabs...in RED states, where bammers is underwater? Not just red states, even PA is threatening to go completely RED....your boy is so popular there right now.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Wait! You think this is good?

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

Quote:
RCP Average 10/6 - 10/18 -- 45.8 44.2 Obama +1.6

THIS is even better;

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...untry-902.html

A DIRECT reflection on obama.

Quote:
I'm a moderate R, and I promise you

Please, just stop.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Wait! You think this is good?

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

THIS is even better;

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Direction of Country

A DIRECT reflection on obama.
With the way the economy is, Obama should be down by 10 points. The R's should be in a position to win this without even running much of a campaign, but the crazy far far right stuff is killing them. What does it take to tone it down? The hard right rhetoric may appeal to the tea party, but that's half the base, let alone the independent/swing vote. It's like you're all completely tone deaf to where the rest of the country is. People want serious answers to serious problems. Want to lose this hands down? Keep it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies