Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2011, 01:00 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,553,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Before ultrasounds, doctors were able to inform a woman of the surgical procedure she was about to undergo. A picture of a fetus isn't the procedure, rather the cause for the procedure.
So is a gallstone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 01:03 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,749,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
So is a gallstone.
My gall bladder, my dad's gall bladder and my cousin's gall bladder were all removed before the advent of ultrasounds. The pain was very real -- didn't need a picture -- and the doctor explained how he would perform the surgery, not what the gallstone looked like.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:04 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,069,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Forced?

Are they snatched off the streets and taken to secret underground fertility clinics where they are inseminated against their will and forced to produce babies?

Every woman I have ever had sex with volunteered to remove her panties and understood that copulating causes conception.

Is this not the norm?

Is it your opinion that females are a special group of people who are too stupid to understand the risks associated with vaginal copulation?

Do you believe the responsibility of owning a vagina is beyond what females are capable of handling and we need to have special laws to protect women from their own irresponsibility?
Do you not realize that there is not one form of BC that is 100% effective?

Do you think everytime a woman has sex she is agreeing to have a child?

Women do take responsibility for their vaginas.....they use BC....if it fails.... they either choose to carry a pregnancy or they abort. That IS taking responsibilty.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:07 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,404,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
Well, yes they do, because if they screw up, you can sue them and claim you did not know what you were getting into.

They'll show you your kidney stones or your gallbladder or the spots on your lungs.

Give women more credit with making choices.

If you really do want them to make choices.

I think anyone who says 1.2M infants won't be missed really doesn't want them to make choices.
No, they will say would you like to see your kidney stones or your gallbladder, and then you can say...Yes, yes I would like to, or No, I would prefer not to and I waive my right to see them. That handles the malpractice. In this case you are saying would you like to see an ultrasound...No? That's too bad, the state says otherwise.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:12 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,578,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
So far, many of the most egregious laws passed by the Red States' campaign to return us to the middle ages have been reversed by the courts.

But remember, part of the Total Spectrum Dominance GOP agenda is to usurp the courts as well. We've already seen what damage an extremely conservative SCOTUS can do (Bush v Gore, Citizen's United). Currently, the GOP-controlled Senate (via filabuster) is blocking all of Obama's judicial appointments, stalling till they get the WH back.

Reason #2536 to ALWAYS VOTE DEMOCRATIC if you are intersted in protecting your rights
The GOP-controlled Senate? What country are you talking about?

Old 10-26-2011, 01:12 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,749,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomstudent View Post
no, they will say would you like to see your kidney stones or your gallbladder, and then you can say...yes, yes i would like to, or no, i would prefer not to and i waive my right to see them. That handles the malpractice. In this case you are saying would you like to see an ultrasound...no? That's too bad, the state says otherwise.
+1

Old 10-26-2011, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
women don't need to see an ultra sound to know what an abortion is. this is just a anti choice trying to guilt women into changing their minds. our bodies our choice
I view it as informed consent, who could be against that?

Old 10-26-2011, 01:18 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,069,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Already difficult?

That's such a puzzling statement.

What harm could come from informing a woman about the surgical procedure she is about to undergo?
A woman knows there is a fetus in her uterus that she does not want there. She knows what a fetus is and what it looks like.

She knows the doctor is going to remove it through her vagina.

That is all she needs to know.

If she wants to see pictures, etc., she is FREE to ask to see them.....as it should be.

You know.....FREEDOM, CHOICE.

I have had back and foot surgery....did I ask to see footage of a surgery like the one I was about to undergo? NO! I did not need or want to see it.

Should I have been FORCDED to watch it before I was allowed to have the surgery? NO!

Old 10-26-2011, 01:24 AM

Quote:
anti choice people want abortion outlawed. no abortion for a woman who wants one means she will be forced to carry a pregnancy to term. no woman should be forced to remain pregnant if she doesn't want to be
If she doesn't want to get pregnant, why is she having unprotected sex? What ever happened to personal responsibility? You can't get pregnant without a mans sperm, so how come he doesn't get any say about this? It's as much his child as it is yours.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:26 AM

Quote:
women are not stupid we know what abortion is, there is no need to look at an ultra sound
What are you so afraid of - they might change their minds?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies