Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 08:06 AM

712 posts, read 1,368,151 times

Advertisements

All Women in the country should be forced to work so they can provide for their families. If you look at nature, you will see for example that the lioness does all the hunting. We should learn from nature.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:14 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,354,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
All Women in the country should be forced to work so they can provide for their families. If you look at nature, you will see for example that the lioness does all the hunting. We should learn from nature.
Oh really? And who watches the kids while she is at work??

Old 10-29-2011, 08:18 AM

30,120 posts, read 18,727,646 times
Quote:

Obviously a thread with a "tongue in cheek" message which is not intended to be serious.

As an aside, I work quite hard at work, but think my wife works harder. I would not want her job, which is taking care of the house and family. She does EVERYTHING and all I have to do is go to work and bring home a salary. When I get home, I am done with work (despite being on call), yet she is still "at work".

Old 10-29-2011, 08:20 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,354,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Obviously a thread with a "tongue in cheek" message which is not intended to be serious.

As an aside, I work quite hard at work, but think my wife works harder. I would not want her job, which is taking care of the house and family. She does EVERYTHING and all I have to do is go to work and bring home a salary. When I get home, I am done with work (despite being on call), yet she is still "at work".
My husband thinks basically the same way. It's nice when the WOH parent acknowledges the work the SAH parent does.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:27 AM

1,147 posts, read 910,829 times
Women milk the SAHM detail, severely. They get away with it because the bulk of the work needs to be done when others are present.

This is not a hard job. Not even close.

The hours are unpredictable, sure, but.........

1. You're your own boss. Any woman who says she's not is a liar.

2. For those tasks that are not immediate, you make your own hours.

3. You don't have to commute to and from your job.

4. You get to set rules to ensure that the work you do is properly maintained.

5. Nobody is going to lay you off.

Folks who go out to work, on the other hand..........

1. Report to someone else.

2. Have to meet deadlines, always.

3. Sit in traffic every day, for HOURS sometimes.

4. Spend much of their work day fixing other people's screw ups.

5. Live in fear of layoffs irrespective of how well they do their job.

There's a reason why so many SAHM's get fat. It's just not a terribly difficult job. Annoying? frustrating? Maybe. Difficult? No. Stressful? At the same level as working for someone else? No.

Women need to stop crying about it, and men need to stop catering to it.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:29 AM

712 posts, read 1,368,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
My husband thinks basically the same way. It's nice when the WOH parent acknowledges the work the SAH parent does.
Sure, SAH women work hard (sarcastic comment). Loading the laundry takes 5 minutes. Loading the dishwasher maybe 10. Women spend 85% of their stay at home time watching Oprah, Dr Drew or Soaps.. Let's be real, that's why TV is different during the day. It is all geared towards the women at home relaxing all day.

Hell, they work harder in the bathroom putting on make up for 2 hours.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:30 AM

24,037 posts, read 15,150,471 times
My daughter and I were discussing how things are different now than when her father and I married years ago. We decided the biggest difference was working mothers. The lifestyle that could be purchased with one salary now requires two.
I'd say American business gets 2 employees for the price of one.
What is the point of having children when they have to be in daycare 1/2 their lives?

Old 10-29-2011, 08:31 AM

38,649 posts, read 26,433,425 times
Quote:

We're not lions and we are free to choose how we run our own families.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:35 AM

1,147 posts, read 910,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
My daughter and I were discussing how things are different now than when her father and I married years ago. We decided the biggest difference was working mothers. The lifestyle that could be purchased with one salary now requires two.
I'd say American business gets 2 employees for the price of one.
What is the point of having children when they have to be in daycare 1/2 their lives?
I just had this argument with a couple of feminists. Feminism destroyed the American family with this. Nobody thought it through. They just wanted "equality". So they go it. All of it.

First came the option to work, which is what they wanted, but then came the obligation to work, just like men. So I say to them "Congrats girls. Now that $7 an hour daycare attendant is going to raise your child."

....and folks wonder why kids have attitude and emotional problems on a scale that they never even approached just 3 short decades ago.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:38 AM

30,120 posts, read 18,727,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
Women milk the SAHM detail, severely. They get away with it because the bulk of the work needs to be done when others are present.

This is not a hard job. Not even close.

The hours are unpredictable, sure, but.........

1. You're your own boss. Any woman who says she's not is a liar.

2. For those tasks that are not immediate, you make your own hours.

3. You don't have to commute to and from your job.

4. You get to set rules to ensure that the work you do is properly maintained.

5. Nobody is going to lay you off.

Folks who go out to work, on the other hand..........

1. Report to someone else.

2. Have to meet deadlines, always.

3. Sit in traffic every day, for HOURS sometimes.

4. Spend much of their work day fixing other people's screw ups.

5. Live in fear of layoffs irrespective of how well they do their job.

There's a reason why so many SAHM's get fat. It's just not a terribly difficult job. Annoying? frustrating? Maybe. Difficult? No. Stressful? At the same level as working for someone else? No.

Women need to stop crying about it, and men need to stop catering to it.

1. I am my own boss as well

2. the hours of a housewife are 24-7

3. My wife has to drive all over town to accomplish things for us and puts more miles on her car than I do. I work three miles from my home.

4. I set my own rules at work. My wife has to meet the expectations of myself and "the kids", which is not always easy. I am sure it is not pleasant when my remaining kid "complains" about food it took several hours to prepare. My wife spends alot of time fixing up the "screw ups" that we make at home. It is damn good thing that I am good at medicine, as I am incompetent to keep things rolling at home if I was left on my own. I would have to hire everything out.

5. What about divorce? That is being essentially "fired" from your job and apparently that rate is 50%, which is a higher possibility than being fired from your job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies