Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 05:57 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,880,917 times

Advertisements

: think:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 06:34 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
For the same reasons men complain about their male bosses?

Old 11-11-2012, 06:36 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,491 times
I have worked for both - the good and bad men and women. Given the choice, I would take a man over a woman. What I didn't care about working for women was that I wasn't paid to be their "friend" nor was I interested in their personal life which they thought they needed to share. That's what a hair stylist is for.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:45 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,530,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I have worked for both - the good and bad men and women. Given the choice, I would take a man over a woman. What I didn't care about working for women was that I wasn't paid to be their "friend" nor was I interested in their personal life which they thought they needed to share. That's what a hair stylist is for.
I have to admit female bosses do talk more about their personal lives but women do this in general. As a woman, I prefer a female boss. You know where you stand with her. If a woman is sharing details about her personal life, you're in good shape. I can never read men. I got a glowing PR just before I was terminated from my engineering job. Go figure. I would have seen it coming with a woman. She would have pulled back as soon as that decision was made. I had no idea with my male boss. I had no idea until the actual day I was let go.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:52 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,365,426 times
A good boss is a good boss no matter his/her gender.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:09 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I have to admit female bosses do talk more about their personal lives but women do this in general. As a woman, I prefer a female boss. You know where you stand with her. If a woman is sharing details about her personal life, you're in good shape. I can never read men. I got a glowing PR just before I was terminated from my engineering job. Go figure. I would have seen it coming with a woman. She would have pulled back as soon as that decision was made. I had no idea with my male boss. I had no idea until the actual day I was let go.
Yeah, I guess women are more open. I remember when I worked for a female attorney (just out of college) and she told me she would have me fired, see me on the street and make sure I didn't get another job and there was nothing I could do and there was nothing HR could do to her because she was black. I took that threat to HR and they addressed it. They moved her to another location in the firm and found her a job with a client (I guess they didn't care if they lost the business - she was well worth getting rid of). Working in a law firm gives you the opportunity to move around within the firm and you generally know the reputations of lawyers. But she was unknown, but known very quickly!!!!

I was a social person, but not a friendly person, when I worked. I got along with people, but not involved. My attitude was that I was getting paid to do a job, not to make friends. Apparently it's an unusual position for one to take because I was called into HR on three occasions over a 9 year period when co-workers complained about me not being "friendly". Go figure.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:25 AM

25,842 posts, read 16,521,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
For the same reasons men complain about their male bosses?
I would say that this pretty much sums it up. Thread's over. All can move on now.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:45 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,684,110 times
Both genders can be good bosses but they both have to control their hormones if they want to be good bosses.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:29 AM

1,119 posts, read 1,370,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
this

Old 11-11-2012, 09:21 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,741 times
Quote:
why do most females complain about their female bosses and prefer to work for men?
According to whom? Your own anecdotal evidence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies