Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 08:57 AM

14,683 posts, read 14,656,423 times

Advertisements

Women already work very hard. Your thread would make much better sense if you were advocating they were paid a wage equal to their male counterparts in the workplace.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:57 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
Feminism did end up having a double edge on the sword. I woulnd't change it for anything with what it did for women since before the 60's, contraceptives, and choice, deciding it was ok to go to work and not just be a secretary. Make our own loans, have our own paychecks cars and homes. It wasn't until around 1968 that I didn't need my husband to sign FOR me for a teensy loan, because I didn't make an income and was a housewife. I remember my husband complaining when he saw his first woman school bus driver cause she was taking away the job of a man! We completely turned the country upside down and its a wonderful thing. But it did make the cost of living go up...because corporate america realized people were actually increasing their personal incomes and couldn't let that happen! and it is hard on children to be in day care all the time and has caused some (not all) of the problems in the country's children by not having a parent in the home with them especially when they are very young. All in all, once Pandora's box was opened....it simply is what it is, now.
Reading your post made my Blood Pressure go down. A little. I agree that it has had positive and negative consequences. I am fully prepared to discuss this.

But reading how stay at home MOTHERS are lazy pisses me off ROYALLY. No mention of stay at home fathers though. No, no.

Old 10-29-2011, 09:00 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
All Women in the country should be forced to work so they can provide for their families. If you look at nature, you will see for example that the lioness does all the hunting. We should learn from nature.
No. People like you need to quit telling others how to live. Some families do quite well with a stay-at-home mom. Others need two pay checks to make ends meet. Some families function better with a stay-at-home dad and a mother working outside the home. These decisions are not anyone's but the couple involved and the rest of the world needs to accept that and quit looking down their noses in judgment of families who don't fit their narrow-minded stereotype.

Old 10-29-2011, 09:00 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
All Women in the country should be forced to work so they can provide for their families. If you look at nature, you will see for example that the lioness does all the hunting. We should learn from nature.
Oh for pete's sake! Can't anyone recognize a troll thread?

Would you all seriously respond to:

"Grunt, me hit woman on head, drag to cave, have sex, all OK, grunt""

???

C'mon!

Would you serioiusly respond to:

"Grunt, drool, woman only animal like lion, belch, me man, me rule"

REALLY??!!!

Old 10-29-2011, 09:03 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oh for pete's sake! Can't anyone recognize a troll thread?

Would you all seriously respond to:

"Grunt, me hit woman on head, drag to cave, have sex, all OK, grunt""

???

C'mon!

Would you serioiusly respond to:

"Grunt, drool, woman only animal like lion, belch, me man, me rule"

REALLY??!!!

Yes, but it's Saturday morning. Plus I'm more angry about Had2SaySumthin's nonsense than Negotiator's silly opening.

Old 10-29-2011, 09:04 AM

712 posts, read 1,367,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
No. People like you need to quit telling others how to live. Some families do quite well with a stay-at-home mom. Others need two pay checks to make ends meet. Some families function better with a stay-at-home dad and a mother working outside the home. These decisions are not anyone's but the couple involved and the rest of the world needs to accept that and quit looking down their noses in judgment of families who don't fit their narrow-minded stereotype.
It is not that. It is about fairness. How about making it 50-50. Why does the man need to be "expected" to be the slave/bread winner? He deserves to be home too!

Old 10-29-2011, 09:07 AM

1,147 posts, read 909,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I do a helluva lot more than "a little bit of work". If I sound angry, guess what? I AM. I am so sick and tired of people like you who have NEVER stayed home and raised children telling US how lazy and terrible we are.

I want to be respected for the WORK that I perform. I deserve it. I don't think I am better than the woman who goes out to work and earns a paycheck for her family. My work is just as important as hers & vice versa.

Just because YOUR WIFE - ONE PERSON thinks working outside the home is more difficult than staying home doesn't make it an absolute, irrefutable fact. It is her experience and her opinion, which I respect but does not describe me or my life.
Give me a break, really.

Without going into a whole lot of detail about my exposure to this "job", I'll ask you a few questions.

1. What is the purpose of network television?

2. Why do they cancel televisions shows, and/or change the type of programming?

3. Why has daytime tv been the same for decades from a content perspective, but has grown to a point where it runs all day long?

Somebody has to be watching that puke. Yes, women. Stay-at-home-moms. (and the single unemployed)

Now I pull up my schedule every morning before I start work. Nowhere in there can I find the time to watch even ONE soap, much less more. NOWHERE in my day can I find time to watch Oprah, or whatever other fountain of idiocy and estrogen happens to be broadcasting now.

...but a LOT of women do. Millions upon millions.

hmmmm

Seems like they might not be working while that stuff is running.

Then comes the gym, Starbucks, PHONE. Some women treat the phone like their umbilical cord.

Funny, but I don't get to chat with my buddies while I'm getting work done. Even if I physically could, it wouldn't be allowed.

Oh but the valiant stay at home mom has such a tough life. Never resting. Never giving up. Sleeping only 38 minutes per night, and taking care of everything under the sun because they are just THAT amazing.

Gimme a break, really.

There are exceptions of course, but the masses exist to grow their arses, and that's about it.

Spare us the drama.

Old 10-29-2011, 09:08 AM

529 posts, read 364,014 times
A woman's place is in the home. If for some reason she can not do so then so be it as it is in mine and my wife's case. She would prefer to stay at home but right now we can't do it.

Old 10-29-2011, 09:08 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yes, but it's Saturday morning. Plus I'm more angry about Had2SaySumthin's nonsense than Negotiator's silly opening.
Then let's go to the OP's level and discuss whether or not the earth is flat.

This forum has sunk low enough....although you may have a point...let the Flat Earth people make fools of themselves for sport....

Old 10-29-2011, 09:10 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,957,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
1. I am my own boss as well

2. the hours of a housewife are 24-7

3. My wife has to drive all over town to accomplish things for us and puts more miles on her car than I do. I work three miles from my home.

4. I set my own rules at work. My wife has to meet the expectations of myself and "the kids", which is not always easy. I am sure it is not pleasant when my remaining kid "complains" about food it took several hours to prepare. My wife spends alot of time fixing up the "screw ups" that we make at home. It is damn good thing that I am good at medicine, as I am incompetent to keep things rolling at home if I was left on my own. I would have to hire everything out.

5. What about divorce? That is being essentially "fired" from your job and apparently that rate is 50%, which is a higher possibility than being fired from your job.

Great post! I agree 100%. My wife does a spectacular job also. Great job girls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies