Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 06:34 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
It looks like a lot of them have mental problems.

I don't know, I've never been to one of these events and have never talked with one of those people.

But I think it's safe to stay that at least the professional bums have mental problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 06:56 AM

1,147 posts, read 909,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnTraveler View Post
Bill O'Reilly: Video Center - Video Of The Day - Businesswoman assails "Occupy" bums

This is happening to small businesses in NYC as well.

How is this "occupy" protest helping anything? They provide feces, urination, trash, bad smells, etc.

I'm not a fan of ex-CEO's getting multi-million dollar bonuses for failure but this occupy BS doesn't affect them one iota.
A true centrist here, and I'd like to weigh in.

How does one call thousands of people "lazy" who are camping out in the cold and living under horrible conditions just to make their voices heard, while they sit comfortably at home behind their computer, sipping on a mimosa?

Honestly? You couldn't be that lazy if you tried.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:06 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,780,145 times
Quote:
It looks like a lot of them have mental problems.
I dunno. Where I stand those who aren't occupiers look pretty sick in the head deluded to me.

Occupy Wall Street: Outing the Ringers - YouTube

Old 10-30-2011, 11:27 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Watching this video really puts things into perspective and solidifies the feels of the American people towards these OWS fools. People supported you until you turned on them, until you became violent, until you became lawless and menacing towards the people who live and work in the areas that you're occupying and destroying.
99% of them do not care about the "movement". They are the useless unemployed and they have nothing better to do. To them this is a big party.

They do not respect the rights of others. They don't even respect themselves - all you have to do is look at them to see that.

People in numbers are a huge power to be reckoned with. However, these people are so stupid they don't even UNDERSTAND that. I wonder if they even realize that once they get out of their very limited and isolated demographic that the majority of the world is laughing at them.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-30-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
The occupiers are great American heroes. I hug them daily and have given them food.
Ditto. Thanks to Mitchell last night for bringing his yummy curried chicken to feed charleston occupiers. Valerie is making a big pot of beef noodle stew today. Others still have donated camping supplies, blankets, and volunteered to do laundry for them. They're working harder to save America than media preserving dysfunction, elected officials working hard to save their own faces or CEO's defending their bonuses no matter who they kill.

The churches are also registering their support because the churches have a huge problem with our economic system as it is currently.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:34 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,931,071 times
Call us whatever you want but the time will come when all Americans will be educated. Hopefully, it is not too late.

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."
- Henry Ford

The Money Masters - How International Bankers Gained Control of America

This documentary has been endorsed by:
Milton Friedman ……….…. Nobel Laureate in Economics
Arun Gandhi…………….…. M.K. Gandhi Institute for Nonviolence
Dr. D. James Kennedy…... Coral Ridge Ministries
Aaron Russo………………. Producer, Director, Writer: America, Freedom to Fascism
G. Edward Griffin…………. Author: The Creature from Jekyll Island
Dr. W. Cleon Skousen….... Author: The Naked Capitalist, The Naked Communist

Old 10-30-2011, 11:37 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
99% of them do not care about the "movement". They are the useless unemployed and they have nothing better to do. To them this is a big party.

They do not respect the rights of others. They don't even respect themselves - all you have to do is look at them to see that.

People in numbers are a huge power to be reckoned with. However, these people are so stupid they don't even UNDERSTAND that. I wonder if they even realize that once they get out of their very limited and isolated demographic that the majority of the world is laughing at them.

20yrsinBranson
It's a woodstock revival to many. I call it poopstock.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:48 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,931,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post

20yrsinBranson
Luckily posts are saved on an internet database so you can look back at what you wrote 2-3 years from now and realize what a fool you were.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:57 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
A true centrist here, and I'd like to weigh in.

How does one call thousands of people "lazy" who are camping out in the cold and living under horrible conditions just to make their voices heard, while they sit comfortably at home behind their computer, sipping on a mimosa?

Honestly? You couldn't be that lazy if you tried.
They don't even have to supply their own tents, food, daycare, medical care, they are leeches!

Old 10-30-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
They don't even have to supply their own tents, food, daycare, medical care, they are leeches!
If you had to volunteer to do the same, what would you have to sacrifice to make it happen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies